Christmas presents! Yar!!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
I did not start a thread earlier today since I assumed someone else probably already had. But even with the mid-afternoon update I don't see one, so here we go. Apologies if the topic proves redundant.

Thanks for the Christmas presents, KI! Very nicely done, I must say.

Here are my experiences:

Gold seems better. It looks like the range is 50 to 100. In Oct. you could receive less than 50 gold.

Snacks seem to be exactly the same mix. (Not a complaint!)

The 7-day mounts available in Oct. are back, plus some Candy Cane variants. I have not seen any holiday mounts besides the Candy Canes.

The housing items are holiday themed, and include some nice surprises, including stockings for each class and a very nice Polarian Shipwreck painting (which show the most recent new house available to Wizards).

The various eye patches that were available in Oct. have all been replaced by the Snowflake eye patch - literally, I think (that is, I think it has the same chance of appearing that all of the Oct. eye patches collectively did).

Pets! There are more eggs to be found than in Oct. There are at least four new pets:
Snow Lionfish
Festive Dimetrosaur
Yuletide Paper Dragon
Festive Candy Dragon (I have not seen this one yet, but dragon16303 reported it)

And the Yuletide Shark can also be found in a package.

All in all, well worth opening!

-Indigo

P.S. Um, never mind - I meant to say they are terrible. Nothing of interest, really. Don't bother opening them. Just leave them sitting there...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9184
Indigo Ring on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
I did not start a thread earlier today since I assumed someone else probably already had. But even with the mid-afternoon update I don't see one, so here we go. Apologies if the topic proves redundant.

Thanks for the Christmas presents, KI! Very nicely done, I must say.

Here are my experiences:

Gold seems better. It looks like the range is 50 to 100. In Oct. you could receive less than 50 gold.

Snacks seem to be exactly the same mix. (Not a complaint!)

The 7-day mounts available in Oct. are back, plus some Candy Cane variants. I have not seen any holiday mounts besides the Candy Canes.

The housing items are holiday themed, and include some nice surprises, including stockings for each class and a very nice Polarian Shipwreck painting (which show the most recent new house available to Wizards).

The various eye patches that were available in Oct. have all been replaced by the Snowflake eye patch - literally, I think (that is, I think it has the same chance of appearing that all of the Oct. eye patches collectively did).

Pets! There are more eggs to be found than in Oct. There are at least four new pets:
Snow Lionfish
Festive Dimetrosaur
Yuletide Paper Dragon
Festive Candy Dragon (I have not seen this one yet, but dragon16303 reported it)

And the Yuletide Shark can also be found in a package.

All in all, well worth opening!

-Indigo

P.S. Um, never mind - I meant to say they are terrible. Nothing of interest, really. Don't bother opening them. Just leave them sitting there...
Nice try, Indigo, but you've just whetted the appetite of every "present piranha" out there.
Now I really want that Polarian shipwreck painting and pets of course.
Oh, there Piles of Snow for houses, too.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
619
I loved the 50% off companion sale. I soon as I could, I got online,bought 10 dollars worth of crowns, and got Black Angus and the Samoorai Musketeer for my swashbuckler.

No regrets. Black Angus' critical theme is so cool.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6204
Indigo Ring on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
I did not start a thread earlier today since I assumed someone else probably already had. But even with the mid-afternoon update I don't see one, so here we go. Apologies if the topic proves redundant.

Thanks for the Christmas presents, KI! Very nicely done, I must say.

Here are my experiences:

Gold seems better. It looks like the range is 50 to 100. In Oct. you could receive less than 50 gold.

Snacks seem to be exactly the same mix. (Not a complaint!)

The 7-day mounts available in Oct. are back, plus some Candy Cane variants. I have not seen any holiday mounts besides the Candy Canes.

The housing items are holiday themed, and include some nice surprises, including stockings for each class and a very nice Polarian Shipwreck painting (which show the most recent new house available to Wizards).

The various eye patches that were available in Oct. have all been replaced by the Snowflake eye patch - literally, I think (that is, I think it has the same chance of appearing that all of the Oct. eye patches collectively did).

Pets! There are more eggs to be found than in Oct. There are at least four new pets:
Snow Lionfish
Festive Dimetrosaur
Yuletide Paper Dragon
Festive Candy Dragon (I have not seen this one yet, but dragon16303 reported it)

And the Yuletide Shark can also be found in a package.

All in all, well worth opening!

-Indigo

P.S. Um, never mind - I meant to say they are terrible. Nothing of interest, really. Don't bother opening them. Just leave them sitting there...
I completely concur here. I got LOADS of wonderful housing items, decorations, mounts and pets. Pirate 101, you are insanely generous to us and this pirate totally appreciates it.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1115
And at least the Karma Paper Dragon is still lurking in there if you need him.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
731
Yarrr KI be stepping up their game this year ha har, btw ye for got the Noel Claward too.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9184
Indigo Ring on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
I did not start a thread earlier today since I assumed someone else probably already had. But even with the mid-afternoon update I don't see one, so here we go. Apologies if the topic proves redundant.

Thanks for the Christmas presents, KI! Very nicely done, I must say.

Here are my experiences:

Gold seems better. It looks like the range is 50 to 100. In Oct. you could receive less than 50 gold.

Snacks seem to be exactly the same mix. (Not a complaint!)

The 7-day mounts available in Oct. are back, plus some Candy Cane variants. I have not seen any holiday mounts besides the Candy Canes.

The housing items are holiday themed, and include some nice surprises, including stockings for each class and a very nice Polarian Shipwreck painting (which show the most recent new house available to Wizards).

The various eye patches that were available in Oct. have all been replaced by the Snowflake eye patch - literally, I think (that is, I think it has the same chance of appearing that all of the Oct. eye patches collectively did).

Pets! There are more eggs to be found than in Oct. There are at least four new pets:
Snow Lionfish
Festive Dimetrosaur
Yuletide Paper Dragon
Festive Candy Dragon (I have not seen this one yet, but dragon16303 reported it)

And the Yuletide Shark can also be found in a package.

All in all, well worth opening!

-Indigo

P.S. Um, never mind - I meant to say they are terrible. Nothing of interest, really. Don't bother opening them. Just leave them sitting there...
Picked up a couple of good paintings, also. "Painting of Frozen Tears" and "The Witch's Shack"
Could this mean we're getting Polaris after all?
Another neat house item: A Gingerbread House.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
962
The Candy Cane Variants of the 7-day mounts can be put in houses without starting the 7-day free rental.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1115
The Helpful Pirate on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
The Candy Cane Variants of the 7-day mounts can be put in houses without starting the 7-day free rental.
At least one of them can be sold, as well. Why you'd want to sell a free very fast mount is beyond me, but not everyone wants to be seen riding a gargantuan candy cane.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
I love the phrase "present piranha", anecorbie. Very apt for some of our pirate-y colleagues (of course, they are pirates...).

I quite like the new Polarian paintings. I too wonder if they - and the new Polarian-flavored ship - might be hints that Polaris is in the next big update (I have long thought the decorations in Avery's office hinted at it).

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9184
Snow Globe, SNOW GLOBE!!!!! Yes, just like in W101, it makes SNOW! I found it in the bazaar, can you believe someone sold theirs?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1115
anecorbie on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
Snow Globe, SNOW GLOBE!!!!! Yes, just like in W101, it makes SNOW! I found it in the bazaar, can you believe someone sold theirs?
You're lucky you beat Indigo to it!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
Rogan has found two. Haven't caught one in the bazaar though.

One of my wizards has managed to collect a dozen or so that surround her Winter Wind Tower. I love 'em.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
87
To add to the potential present pets (say THAT 5 times fast) I received a Mistletoad. My very first pet of the frog/toad variety so I'm a happy camper. Thanks KI!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
Congrats, thriftytiffanywebb! I think the mistletoad may have the best DNA of the bunch. He is one of three that I am still looking for (assuming we know them all so far... altogether I count twelve).

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
At least one of them can be sold, as well. Why you'd want to sell a free very fast mount is beyond me, but not everyone wants to be seen riding a gargantuan candy cane.
Having several *permanent* very fast mounts means I have no interest in rental ones, plus lack of space isnt helping.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1115
Silver Angel on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
Having several *permanent* very fast mounts means I have no interest in rental ones, plus lack of space isnt helping.
I have several permanent ones as well. I've just dismounted from them and let them roam my house while I work my way through the rentals. Gives them a break and lets me check out whether I want to purchase or farm for a permanent version of the rentals (where available, obviously).

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
2019
anecorbie on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
Picked up a couple of good paintings, also. "Painting of Frozen Tears" and "The Witch's Shack"
Could this mean we're getting Polaris after all?
Another neat house item: A Gingerbread House.
Those paintings you got are the exact images from Wizard101's Polaris. Although it would be neat to have Polaris in Pirate101, it's not in yet. One day, it may.

Nice you found some items. Keep on looking.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
97
This was a very welcome surprise! Thanks KI, yet another reason Pirate101 is a superior game from all your other offerings.