Can you wait to promote companions?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 10, 2009
15
I have a question. If a companion is ready to promote at level ( lets say 10 ). Then you lvl up to level 11, but don't lvl up the companion to level 11, and then you do the promotion quest. Will the promoted companion rejoin your crew as a level 10 or 11? I really wanted to know, and sorry if I made this post not understandable:)

Sianaarra Sistaa :) ~ my lil catchphrase

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Dom The Pirate on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
I have a question. If a companion is ready to promote at level ( lets say 10 ). Then you lvl up to level 11, but don't lvl up the companion to level 11, and then you do the promotion quest. Will the promoted companion rejoin your crew as a level 10 or 11? I really wanted to know, and sorry if I made this post not understandable:)

Sianaarra Sistaa :) ~ my lil catchphrase
Welcome to the message boards Wootwoot.
If I understand you correctly, the leveling has already happened. They must reach the level that triggers the promotion quest, then you do the quest. Yes you can delay to do the quest, and sometimes you have to as you cannot get into the skyway needed to perform the required tasks. So the leveling is there, it's just the new epics that are delayed. If, for example Bonnie Anne promotes at the first time at level 8. When you level her to 8 her promotion quest triggers and she gets that black exclamation point by her picture. If you delay doing the promotion quest, you can still train her to a higher level (I am fairly certain of this, I have just never delayed this as I enjoy the promotion quests so much). Once she is promoted all that changes in her new epics and outfit.

If this is too confusing, please let me know and I will try to say it another way. I do realize that you may not understand some of the concepts as you haven't experienced them yet and it is tricky for me to think back to my first time through and how I saw things. Just remember that no question is stupid and many questions only show your desire to be a better player and that is always awesome in my book.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
738
Whatever level it was when you finished the promo quest/payed the promo gold, is the level it will be.

Say I don't promote Holkun Doomhorn at level 43 and level him up to say 60
He will still be level 60 after I do promote him

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
when you use training points to lvl up your companion to a random lvl (lets say lvl ten lol) then as soon as the companion hits that lvl, a chat comes up on your screen and it normally says :" captain! i just got a letter! lets go to a tavern!" or "captain something has come up and my brother father sister etc is in danger! to the tavern!" or something like that

Ensign
Dec 05, 2012
10
he/she would be a level ten if you didn't train him/her but if you do train him/her then he/she would be what ever level you had him/her at.

Blaze witch doctor level 61

Ensign
Mar 10, 2009
15
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards Wootwoot.
If I understand you correctly, the leveling has already happened. They must reach the level that triggers the promotion quest, then you do the quest. Yes you can delay to do the quest, and sometimes you have to as you cannot get into the skyway needed to perform the required tasks. So the leveling is there, it's just the new epics that are delayed. If, for example Bonnie Anne promotes at the first time at level 8. When you level her to 8 her promotion quest triggers and she gets that black exclamation point by her picture. If you delay doing the promotion quest, you can still train her to a higher level (I am fairly certain of this, I have just never delayed this as I enjoy the promotion quests so much). Once she is promoted all that changes in her new epics and outfit.

If this is too confusing, please let me know and I will try to say it another way. I do realize that you may not understand some of the concepts as you haven't experienced them yet and it is tricky for me to think back to my first time through and how I saw things. Just remember that no question is stupid and many questions only show your desire to be a better player and that is always awesome in my book.
Thx and sorry this is so late! I just realized we joined on the same date!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Dom The Pirate on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
Thx and sorry this is so late! I just realized we joined on the same date!
How fun and what a small spiral to fine someone with the same Spiral discovery date. Well done for discovering the great games of KingsIsle the same day that I did.