Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can Ki Live Interview Captain Ahab?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
After the recent banning/muting worries I got the idea of Ki Live interviewing Captain Ahab(the person in charge of bans and mutes). Perhaps he could clarify what constitutes a mute and what constitutes a ban. I know the rules say general guidelines but on some things they are vague. If Ki Live interviewed Captain Ahab perhaps pirates(and wizards) who got banned or muted wouldn't feel like they were treated unfairly.

That said, I request Captain Ahab be the guest interview for the next Ki Live(November?).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
After the recent banning/muting worries I got the idea of Ki Live interviewing Captain Ahab(the person in charge of bans and mutes). Perhaps he could clarify what constitutes a mute and what constitutes a ban. I know the rules say general guidelines but on some things they are vague. If Ki Live interviewed Captain Ahab perhaps pirates(and wizards) who got banned or muted wouldn't feel like they were treated unfairly.

That said, I request Captain Ahab be the guest interview for the next Ki Live(November?).
That one player that was talking in Avery's Court before KI Live started about how he was muted "for no reason" was full of it. KingsIsle reviews all reports and checks the chat log; I'll just bet that he was swearing around the filter when he received his muting.
No matter how often they're warned, these players always say "they didn't deserve it".
Still, it would be good to see the process that KI takes when they receive a report and the steps taken to ensure that it's fair or unjustified.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
That one player that was talking in Avery's Court before KI Live started about how he was muted "for no reason" was full of it. KingsIsle reviews all reports and checks the chat log; I'll just bet that he was swearing around the filter when he received his muting.
No matter how often they're warned, these players always say "they didn't deserve it".
Still, it would be good to see the process that KI takes when they receive a report and the steps taken to ensure that it's fair or unjustified.
Agreed. I would like that process covered in a KI Live segment, as well.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Customer Support or Quality Assurance workers have been featured in a KI Live segment (only artists, writers, producers).

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
This does seem to be something that people do worry about, and questions keep coming up about it. People keep asking about this subject and needing reassurance that it is fai,r and someone really does look at the reports. I think there might be automated messages that show up when someone is reported, and even if the logs show they are innocent and never punished, they might still be worried. Other people worry when they see bad things, and do not see the result later on, thinking that nothing was done. Once, on wizard I did see a Kings Isle employee swoop in, saying, "You were warned!" And ejected someone. A couple of times, I saw people with the KI badge wandering around on Wizard. That is a pretty rare thing. They must be choosing to usually be more subtle and unnoticed. I think maybe people worry about what they don't see. I do know they are there, both because I've seen them on Wizard, and because, when I've reported some, fortunately rare, bad offenses, the offenders disappeared quickly.
I think it might be interesting to hear from those who keep the Spiral safe.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Oran from Urz on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
Agreed. I would like that process covered in a KI Live segment, as well.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think Customer Support or Quality Assurance workers have been featured in a KI Live segment (only artists, writers, producers).
the customer support people are nice, good experiences with them