Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Bundle?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 20, 2013
8
I was wondering if the new HooDoo Bundle can be used for any class pirate?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1126
Yes, but the Conqueroo's outfit is really better suited to a WD than any other class.

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
AdeleGage64 on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
I was wondering if the new HooDoo Bundle can be used for any class pirate?
Yes, any class can get and use the bundle. However, the gear is... geared towards Witchdoctors.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
962
Sure it can although you might want to give the clothes to your Witchdoctor Pirate. Everything else can readily be used by any Pirate.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
Absolutely yes.

Hoodoo Cornelius works best with a privateer, as the crazy little fellow's weaknesses are that he damages himself (and is not very dodgy and is easy to hit) and he is not especially accurate; a privateer has buffs that minimize those problems. I have three Hoodoo Cornelia who have seen a lot of action, one with a privateer, one with a swashbuckler, and one with a witchdoctor. The one who works with my privateer (who uses an all-primate crew, the Banana Brigade) is by far the most effective.

The ship can be assigned to anyone.

The Conqueroo's outfit can be worn by anyone, but to use its "Readied Spell" ability your pirate will need a staffy weapon. The hat grants "Great Juju", which any pirate can use and the boots grant "Shadow Step" (the teleport anywhere ability) which is actually more useful for non-witchdoctors than witch doctors, since witchdoctors learn that ability on their own.

The standard can be assigned to anyone, but as it works to buff undead companions, a witchdoctor will have more crew that if can benefit.

The witchdoctor's lab can be assigned to anyone.

You probably already know this info, but just in case: when you purchase a bundle, all the swag is assigned to your account. If you have multiple pirates on that account, you can divide the goodies any way you want among your pirates - it does not all have to go to the same pirate. The exception is you cannot divide up the outfit/hat/boots initially as you activate and assign them all at once. But they can be subsequently passed through the shared bank.

It is an awesome bundle, one of the best, and my personal favorite. Enjoy!

-Indigo

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
746
AdeleGage64 on Jul 3, 2015 wrote:
I was wondering if the new HooDoo Bundle can be used for any class pirate?
Indeed it can, all bundle gear and companions can be used on ANY class

Ensign
Feb 20, 2013
8
Thanks for the info guys.It helps.I have a Witch Doctor/Privateer, Swashbuckler/Buccaneer and a Musketeer/Swashbuckler.I was thinking of buying the bundle for my WD,but she already has her galleon,so,how do I give the galleon to one of my other characters?Also,what bundle would be good for my musketeer?Any help will be appreciated.

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
38
Indigo Ring on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
Absolutely yes.

Hoodoo Cornelius works best with a privateer, as the crazy little fellow's weaknesses are that he damages himself (and is not very dodgy and is easy to hit) and he is not especially accurate; a privateer has buffs that minimize those problems. I have three Hoodoo Cornelia who have seen a lot of action, one with a privateer, one with a swashbuckler, and one with a witchdoctor. The one who works with my privateer (who uses an all-primate crew, the Banana Brigade) is by far the most effective.

The ship can be assigned to anyone.

The Conqueroo's outfit can be worn by anyone, but to use its "Readied Spell" ability your pirate will need a staffy weapon. The hat grants "Great Juju", which any pirate can use and the boots grant "Shadow Step" (the teleport anywhere ability) which is actually more useful for non-witchdoctors than witch doctors, since witchdoctors learn that ability on their own.

The standard can be assigned to anyone, but as it works to buff undead companions, a witchdoctor will have more crew that if can benefit.

The witchdoctor's lab can be assigned to anyone.

You probably already know this info, but just in case: when you purchase a bundle, all the swag is assigned to your account. If you have multiple pirates on that account, you can divide the goodies any way you want among your pirates - it does not all have to go to the same pirate. The exception is you cannot divide up the outfit/hat/boots initially as you activate and assign them all at once. But they can be subsequently passed through the shared bank.

It is an awesome bundle, one of the best, and my personal favorite. Enjoy!

-Indigo
What is a banana brigade? A build of companions???

Thanks!

Au Revoir

JackThePirate

Bosun
Dec 24, 2009
394
AdeleGage64 on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the info guys.It helps.I have a Witch Doctor/Privateer, Swashbuckler/Buccaneer and a Musketeer/Swashbuckler.I was thinking of buying the bundle for my WD,but she already has her galleon,so,how do I give the galleon to one of my other characters?Also,what bundle would be good for my musketeer?Any help will be appreciated.
So, when you buy a bundle and redeem it, you'll receive a notification saying "You've received a gift"(I'm still getting this since I haven't redeemed by Imperial Galleon from the Emperor's Bundle. I'm waiting for update). When you click on it, all the stuff from the bundle will be there. You can collect what you want on one pirate, switch pirates, then collect what you want on that pirate.

Hope this helps!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1126
JackThePirate527 on Jul 5, 2015 wrote:
What is a banana brigade? A build of companions???

Thanks!

Au Revoir

JackThePirate
He's going through the game using only his primate companions (unless someone finishes a task right as battle is joined and they manage to slip in). If they gave us a monkey pet, that character would be running with it, as well. IF they ever let us keep the monkey mask from Monquista then Karic would be in it, as well.

Not that Indigo has a monkey fixation or anything.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
The Banana Brigade is composed of all the current primate companions. They are the crew of Karic Atherton, a privateer, so the Marchioness is included. Anyone not a primate is kept busy on side tasks, so they don't show up for a fight. The full crew is:

The Marchioness (first mate)
Hoodoo Cornelius
Monkey King
Goronado
Moresco de Valvida
Martin Valvida
Don Victor Perez (Monquistador initiate)
Luis Munoz (Monquistador sharpshooter)
Panfilo Varga (Crazy Monquistador)
Don Julian Juara (Monquistador veteran)

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
AdeleGage64: "I was thinking of buying the bundle for my WD,but she already has her galleon,so,how do I give the galleon to one of my other characters?"

When you purchase the bundle, it all goes to your unassigned area (the little present box right by your life globe). All of the individual items from the card are assigned separately, so just have the pirate you want to have each item be the one who pulls it out. The exception is the outfit/boots/hat, which are all redeemed at once - but they can be subsequently shared among your pirates so that is not a problem. The ship and companion cannot be passed around, so make sure each of those items is redeemed by the pirate you want to wind up with it.

I don't think there is a card especially suited for a musketeer. All are to an extent intended to be useful for everyone. If I had to pick one especially Musketeer-friendly I would be inclined to pick the Empire bundle, since Nausica the Centaur archer is a great companion for anyone, but esp. for a Musketeer since she will benefit from any group buffs you are casting to aid your pirate. That said, the outfit from that bundle gives Flanking, which isn't esp. helpful for a musketeer...

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
746
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
He's going through the game using only his primate companions (unless someone finishes a task right as battle is joined and they manage to slip in). If they gave us a monkey pet, that character would be running with it, as well. IF they ever let us keep the monkey mask from Monquista then Karic would be in it, as well.

Not that Indigo has a monkey fixation or anything.
Oh you can get the monkey mask, equip the badge "Opposition Champion" to get a monkey mask :D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 6, 2015 wrote:
He's going through the game using only his primate companions (unless someone finishes a task right as battle is joined and they manage to slip in). If they gave us a monkey pet, that character would be running with it, as well. IF they ever let us keep the monkey mask from Monquista then Karic would be in it, as well.

Not that Indigo has a monkey fixation or anything.
You can equip the monkey mask by equipping the 'Opposition Champion' badge. Ook! Enjoy!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1126
Thanks to both Rachel Dreamsong and Esperanza; you've made Indigo a Very Happy Camper.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1311
OOOK!!

Thanks Rachel and anecorbe. Karic now fits in much better with the rest of his crew!

-Indigo