Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

bully's are evil!!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
hey guys i just dealt with a online bully on youtube, he was swearing all over the place and being a jerk to everyone. this thread is for telling how yu dealt with an online bully. so, what did yu do?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
fearless robert sp... on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
hey guys i just dealt with a online bully on youtube, he was swearing all over the place and being a jerk to everyone. this thread is for telling how yu dealt with an online bully. so, what did yu do?
Just put them on "Ignore" It totally takes away their power. Then you change realms to get away from anything else they try to annoy you.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Pretty much what Chrissy said. The thing about online bullies is they only have the power you grant them. They can't reach through the screen and give you noogies or pinch you or tug your hair or anything. So you block them if the community allows blocking. You report egregious behavior to the mods, and here in game you put them on ignore and change realms. What you don't do is engage them. That is handing them the power in the relationship. If you have to, shut down your computer for a few hours, or go do something else for a while. When they don't get a reaction they go away.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Just ignore them,bullies are total jerks.They ruin the game for everyone, and belive me they wanted your attention so they can do a lot false report on you.Use the ignore button if they make you uncomfortable.It's best to ignore their comments and use the report button as a last resort. I know i wish there are no bullies in pirate101 or even in wizard101 but it happens every now and then. Just be brave and use the ignore button on them in other words.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If they are using bad language and avoiding the filter ( I know some of you have seen this ) then REPORT it, also sexting, inappropriate behavior needs to be reported.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I'll say it once and I'll say it again "I HATE BULLYS" they make me sick, nothing but trouble they am l right mates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Wait,I thought all bullies were extinct,because they are dead to me...

TOEJFMAPT

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Like how everyone has said, just ignore them. Although, I understand that what they have said can still have an affect on you. So yes, you have dealt with the bully, but how do you deal with what they had said to you? I tend to not take their words too personally; they don't know anything about you. They're just trolls trying to get under your skin through a screen, nothing more. Really no one to waste your precious time to.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
435Snow Owl on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
Like how everyone has said, just ignore them. Although, I understand that what they have said can still have an affect on you. So yes, you have dealt with the bully, but how do you deal with what they had said to you? I tend to not take their words too personally; they don't know anything about you. They're just trolls trying to get under your skin through a screen, nothing more. Really no one to waste your precious time to.
indeed. :D but this guy was just swearing and being a jerk to everyone purposely. so i made a few really good comebacks that i forgot. lol

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
When i first came here in pirate101, just to get away from wizard101 due of the increased false reporting, fighting and useing foul words around the filters.Believe it or not, it was a very friendly environment and it's free of bullies.Now over one year later, I have started noticing some changes in the atmosphere, the tides begin to change. Oh boy, no matter where I go bullies unfortunately just pop out,like a phantom at midnight. My hope is in the coming years, hopefully pirates will not do any of this actions like they did in wizard101.

Just maintain a friendly environment in other words,not just for this year but for years to come.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fearless robert sp... on Jul 12, 2014 wrote:
indeed. :D but this guy was just swearing and being a jerk to everyone purposely. so i made a few really good comebacks that i forgot. lol
Do not play into their mind set by replying, if someone is reporting the situation, you could get in trouble! Two wrongs don't make a right, as my parents always taught me. If he was swearing, then report him, that's the best way to go!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:
When i first came here in pirate101, just to get away from wizard101 due of the increased false reporting, fighting and useing foul words around the filters.Believe it or not, it was a very friendly environment and it's free of bullies.Now over one year later, I have started noticing some changes in the atmosphere, the tides begin to change. Oh boy, no matter where I go bullies unfortunately just pop out,like a phantom at midnight. My hope is in the coming years, hopefully pirates will not do any of this actions like they did in wizard101.

Just maintain a friendly environment in other words,not just for this year but for years to come.
i know right lol, its so screwed up really, one time some random noob cam out of nowhere and called me and my max lvl friends a noob, and a bunch of other mean things like: sorry, i cant hear what yer saying, yer ALL NOOBS!! yet he was lvl one and me and my buddy were max. then after a few more mean commants like that, the little jerk ran away like a coward, exuse my strong language but it makes me real angry when folk do that to me XD. i ant believe that its come to this. people are just roaming the streets looking for trouble!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Monkrinx2024 on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:

I know exactly what you mean!! I hardly go on Wizard101 anymore due to those rude people. The only reason I get on Wizard101 is to activate the free promo codes you get during pet-a-palooza or whatever, and to keep my garden alive. I have my main Wizard parked in Northguard in a 'perfect' realm since it's usually completely empty. My other Wizards stay in 'normal' realms, and I'm trying to get them out of Wizard City to keep away from those rude max-level wizards populating 'crowded' realms that apparently have nothing better to do than stand around in the Commons and say things that others will find offensive.

When I started Pirate101, I was somewhat surprised at the fact that the Pirates have better manners than the Wizards! I have not seen much bullying since I stay far, far away from the Brawlin' Hall, and Pirates that I encounter in the higher-level worlds are kind and courteous to me. I have helped many players with tough battles, and they always use their pleases and thank-yous. The few rude people I have seen hang around in Avery's Court, but I do not go there often.

If you want to stay out of a bully's way, keep to the 'perfect' realms. (I have noticed that they tend to prowl in Avery.) Be respectful to others, and they will be respectful to you as well. A Pirate that does not bully and curse will have more friends to help them out than a Pirate that is generally rude and bullies other players. Use the Ignore button to effectively shut a bully's mouth, and you'll never have to worry about them again.

Community Leader
They are looking for attention, and adverse reaction.

Ignore them, and it denies them what they are trying to do.

(not to mention taking them away from you....) ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
you could say " oh look at the time, its time for me to not care. well have a nice day" and then walk off. or you could just stare at them and when they move you follow, just staring not saying anything. it will creep them out and make them go away. that one is more fun.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
i hate bullies
they are mean
they shouldn't be bullies
they should be happy people
like me
be nice to people
never be bullies to anyone
speak up to the principal or adult figure
never be mean
be nice
if your mean to people tickle them with a feather
if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything it all
yay!
or forever hold your harsh words
with happiness
stand up to bullies

this is a poem
hope you like this poem

Quiet Edward Devereaux level 65 ( aka Arceus )
Darling Mark Bristol level 57( aka Zap )

Ensign
May 22, 2011
Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Don't let anyone get you down, because after high school they disappear. All the jerks go away and it's just you and your friends who you have to care about. If you go to college there are usually a lot less jerks because, at least in my case, all of the people who were mean to me didn't go to college. However, there will always be someone who doesn't like you or someone who is mean to you, but you have the power to ignore them. Ignoring someone is powerful because people usually want to just get a reaction out of you because it will make them feel stronger and better about themselves. I have found that people who are mean to other people have ulterior insecurities that remain unseen by others. Their parents could be fighting or they could be being picked on as well. Just remember, if you don't give them the power to tear you down, then they can't hurt you.

Hope this helps! Lvl 65

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
General Jack Squat on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
Throw them

-The General
good idea XD