Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Building Lesser Companions: Monkey King

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Hello everyone!

This thread, and others I may create in future, will discuss your ideas on how to build companions less often seen on the battleboard. Feel free to discuss your opinions!

First topic: Monkey King

This companion is obtained during the Mooshu storyline, but he actually does not seem that good, mainly because of a rather limited Epic Talent selection. How do you think he can be used effectively?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Oct 9, 2018 wrote:
Hello everyone!

This thread, and others I may create in future, will discuss your ideas on how to build companions less often seen on the battleboard. Feel free to discuss your opinions!

First topic: Monkey King

This companion is obtained during the Mooshu storyline, but he actually does not seem that good, mainly because of a rather limited Epic Talent selection. How do you think he can be used effectively?
I usually give Monkey King the three ranks of Riposte, since he starts with that, then either Blade Storm or First Strike, and lots of Accuracy, Dodgy and Tough.

Unless I have a Valor's Armor on him, I don't send him into a battle where he will get double-teamed, but try to use him more as an attacker against ranged enemies who aren't going to Vengeance Strike.

When he turns up on a team, he does tend to be the first one taken out unless he's protected.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I tried modeling Monkey King myself, and gave him max Dodge, Accuracy, Rough, Tough, and a rank of Armored.

For Epic Talents, I gave him Riposte 3, Second Chance, and First Strike.

This setup is designed to react to enemies attempts at attacking, avoiding them, and striking back, turning Monkey King into what I call a "Reaction Fighter".

Building Lesser Companions will continue. Another topic will be up later

Merciless Brian Ornsley, Level 70

Mini-Light