Bug reported 3 TIMES

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2013
6
This is a bug and I have sent 3 reports in because it has happened 3 times to me.

This post is just so I can get infomation.

So here's what happend-I was fighting the duck of death on his ship on boot hill. I destroyed two powder kigs because it said to take those out. My sky snake went to take out another and then the "bug reporter"poped up.

I'm just wondering how long I have to wait untill this is fixed because it happened two times yesturday (March 5th) and one time this morning (March 6th).

If any moderators or players that have had the same bug please give me some information and how long it could take to fix. Thanks

Administrator
Thank you for your bug report. I'll make sure it gets some visibility. However, you'll want to contact support@pirate101.com so they can help you progress in the game. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this happened?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (see below for more instructions).
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

Instructions for sending game logs:
Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
28
Same thing happened to me awhile back, but I was able to get past it without finishing the battle on the ship.

Here's the thread:

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/free_game/8ad6a4163b6a6207013baa444ec53136

Those automatic bug reports don't work I think. It's possible that it was my PC being older and overheating quite often. I have a new machine now, I'll try it with that and see what happens.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
28
Update...
I just ran Boot Hill on my new PC and made it through the ship battle without a problem.

So I think in my case I had a hardware problem.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2013
6
ArmyofOne49 on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
Update...
I just ran Boot Hill on my new PC and made it through the ship battle without a problem.

So I think in my case I had a hardware problem.
yes I thought that about my compuer too, but my computer was specially made so that it doesn't have this problem so idk what the problem is. I'll be trying again through out the day so wish me luck

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
28
camwick10 on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
yes I thought that about my compuer too, but my computer was specially made so that it doesn't have this problem so idk what the problem is. I'll be trying again through out the day so wish me luck
If it happens again, don't log back into the game right away. You're actually still in the instance untill Pirate logs you out. If your companions are in good position they will defeat the duck without your help and Tonka will show up for you to talk to next time you log in.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2013
6
ArmyofOne49 on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
If it happens again, don't log back into the game right away. You're actually still in the instance untill Pirate logs you out. If your companions are in good position they will defeat the duck without your help and Tonka will show up for you to talk to next time you log in.
Do you remember what the quest name is?

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
28