Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buccaneer companions

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
I started a buccaneer and went through the presidio dungeon and got mylo greytail who is awesome. Later on i made another buccaneer to play with my wife and we did the presidio together she being a privateer and i got Gaspar De' Vole. Is this supposed to happen i wonder? Is it possible to get Bertrus or any of the other companions you get from completing that dungeon, simply by grouping with the right class?

Community Leader
Dracorro on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
I started a buccaneer and went through the presidio dungeon and got mylo greytail who is awesome. Later on i made another buccaneer to play with my wife and we did the presidio together she being a privateer and i got Gaspar De' Vole. Is this supposed to happen i wonder? Is it possible to get Bertrus or any of the other companions you get from completing that dungeon, simply by grouping with the right class?
The companion you get at the end of the presidio is determined by what answer you selected to the question "How'd Ye Loose Yer Parents" during character creation. The results are as follows:

Mutiny! = Dead Mike (Undead Pirate)

Shipwrecked! = Jack Russell (Dog Pirate)
Armada! = Gaspard de Vole (Guinea Pig Guard)
Storm! = Milo Greytail (Rat Brigand)
Squid Attack! = Birgus Latro (Crab Thug)

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Thanks for clearing that up so when i make new toons i can better decide on my answers. Now i know how to get a specific companion woot!