Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Boochbeard and Mr Gandry

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
What I'm wondering is what happened to Boochbeard? We see more then a couple references to him through out the game, mostly in Skull Island, but other then the tutorial and tutorial tips, we never see or hear from him. He's a hero in the game, but could he possibly be a spy for the armada? Could he be the mastermind behind the armada's strategies? Could he be wearing a mask and be a Clockwork Elite, or even Kane? Could he have been taken captive by the armada and we have to save him? Is he the Toymaker? Does he even know about our quest to go to El Dorodo? These are just some of the questions that I have or have heard. What are your ideas, what are your questions?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Haha, trust me, Boochbeard is definitely not a spy nor is he the maniacal, evil leader of the Armada. Even though, the idea is hilarious, the bumbling pirate who rescued you from the Armada actually is the reason you were behind bars in the first place.

In the old story board threads, Blind Mew said and I quote

"The role of Boochbeard slowly changed over the course of development - he stopped being a Merle Ambrose analog, and turned into our player intermediary: he breaks the 4th wall, and can tell you about buttons, keys, and clicking where no character ever will. He's invaluable in that capacity, but sadly that relegates him to tool tips, tutorials, and what not.

I've toyed with the idea that he may not even exist - he's your imaginary friend, but that was a little too wierd.

That said, I have one or two ideas for how to integrate him physically into the game for some future bits. We'll see if we can pull them off. Long story short, I miss him too, and we're looking into it."

So, Boochbeard can't be a part of the story because he is the 4th wall breaker, the guy who helps you learn how to play the game. Thus he can't be anything more than that.

Lv. 65
Lv. 61
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Grizzley117 on May 4, 2016 wrote:
Haha, trust me, Boochbeard is definitely not a spy nor is he the maniacal, evil leader of the Armada. Even though, the idea is hilarious, the bumbling pirate who rescued you from the Armada actually is the reason you were behind bars in the first place.

In the old story board threads, Blind Mew said and I quote

"The role of Boochbeard slowly changed over the course of development - he stopped being a Merle Ambrose analog, and turned into our player intermediary: he breaks the 4th wall, and can tell you about buttons, keys, and clicking where no character ever will. He's invaluable in that capacity, but sadly that relegates him to tool tips, tutorials, and what not.

I've toyed with the idea that he may not even exist - he's your imaginary friend, but that was a little too wierd.

That said, I have one or two ideas for how to integrate him physically into the game for some future bits. We'll see if we can pull them off. Long story short, I miss him too, and we're looking into it."

So, Boochbeard can't be a part of the story because he is the 4th wall breaker, the guy who helps you learn how to play the game. Thus he can't be anything more than that.

Lv. 65
Lv. 61
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
You took the words right out of my mouth, except I still acknowledge the possibility that he could be in the game

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
SpellBinder Darius on May 5, 2016 wrote:
You took the words right out of my mouth, except I still acknowledge the possibility that he could be in the game
Oh, he's still in the game. If you remember, when you fight Tyson in Cool Ranch, Boochbeard is there. When you are in court in Marleybone for Catbeard's trial, he's there, too. And, of course, the tutorial, but those are just simple cameos.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15