Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bone Drake

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
In the Original Pirate101 Preview, show here, there is a pirate with a Bone Drake pet, companion, etc. What ever happened to that?

Ensign
Mar 26, 2009
Bone Drake is a Witch Doctor's summoned companion and is only available during battle.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Ensign
May 31, 2010
If you watch the Original Pirate101 Preview Trailer, at about 23 seconds in the camera pans right past a player character with a bone dragon following them in Avery's Court. There is no combat, and it's pretty obviously following the character, so it's either a crew member or a pet.

At a guess, that's something they put in the video because "it looks cool," or there is a plan to make a bone dragon pet/crew member available at some point in the future. There are apparently a number of other companions and pets that existed in the Beta, and that either didn't show up in the live game, or the method of getting them changed.

One example would be the Cutthroat Shark companion. I think he used to be a badge unlock, like Fin Dorsal or Eep the Troggy Shaman. Now, you can only get him with the Gamestop bundle. A permanent bone dragon pet/crew seems like a pretty obvious choice as a reward from a game time card. Or even as a rare prize in booster packs.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
You know commercials are deliberately made to look cool and awesome and epic. Much more so than actual gameplay lol.

Whole point of commercials is to make people go "oh cool, I want to play Pirate101 now."

Then people actually learn about gameplay, and go "oh, so I guess that was a complete lie." But by that time, it is too late. That person had already subscribed, and KI got money.

BUT, when I looked at the commercial, it did not seem like a pet to me. Simply like a "cut cameo" from a Bone drake that was in battle that was "spliced" into a final panorama at the end.

Administrator
I have a feeling you may soon find the answer to the mystery of the Bone Drake pet.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Ensign
Jun 15, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
I have a feeling you may soon find the answer to the mystery of the Bone Drake pet.
I got a mount and the Bone Drake today and only bought 2 packs :)

Ensign
Mar 30, 2011
Have bout 8 packs so far, Very Nice!!! Have received some nice rare treasures, 2 Bone Drake Pets and the Dino Mount but no companions yet. The Clothes are ok but still not better than what I already have. Same with the weapon.

Karic

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Moo Manchu boots also give a skill for to summon a bone drake ^^, i am farming Moo Manchu for that but after more than 10 times (considering those pesky terracotta every battle takes 15-20 minutes) and since the drop is what it is, i did'nt get a single item with a card attacked , but well now i have my bone drake pet (and also found a bone sky serpent and a scorpion in those packs, bad that they have all the same skill, aka cheap shot, but well they are cool to see ^^).

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
I know, it's from the new pack.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Yes indeed - he is in the just-released tribal card pack.

-Michael

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
ShadowsBetween on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
If you watch the Original Pirate101 Preview Trailer, at about 23 seconds in the camera pans right past a player character with a bone dragon following them in Avery's Court. There is no combat, and it's pretty obviously following the character, so it's either a crew member or a pet.

At a guess, that's something they put in the video because "it looks cool," or there is a plan to make a bone dragon pet/crew member available at some point in the future. There are apparently a number of other companions and pets that existed in the Beta, and that either didn't show up in the live game, or the method of getting them changed.

One example would be the Cutthroat Shark companion. I think he used to be a badge unlock, like Fin Dorsal or Eep the Troggy Shaman. Now, you can only get him with the Gamestop bundle. A permanent bone dragon pet/crew seems like a pretty obvious choice as a reward from a game time card. Or even as a rare prize in booster packs.
I got the Schrimshaw bone drake pet!

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Thank you so much! I got my bone drake pet. I always wanted one :3