Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best/Worst randomly generated companion name?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
My 's Bison's name is Fire Wolf, and that's awesome. And my 's black storm bison's name is Sky Runner, which sounds like a movie.

My worst ones are:

Armu Tua (Watermole Slingman) and Dai Tsao (Inoshishi cheif)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I love Dan Chan my Yakooza Enforcer, and Maximus Maximus, the Eagle Gladiator.

But I hate Faithful Hair's name.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Willowydream on May 27, 2017 wrote:
I love Dan Chan my Yakooza Enforcer, and Maximus Maximus, the Eagle Gladiator.

But I hate Faithful Hair's name.

lol Faithful Hair XD

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I also got a Bison Scout with the name Fire Wolf. My others across my pirates are Mighty Owl and Thunder Keeper.

But my other Scout? Star Hair....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Most of the names for my pirate's companions are mostly "Meh" not bad or very good. But here are some honorable mentions of names I do like:
Silver Isis has a Bison archer named Skyfire and a Bison shaman ( ? ) named Ghost Singer ( which is appropriate because he's a ghost! )
Black Morgan Moone has a Bison archer named Golden Hawk and a Black Storm Elder named Night Eagle.
Marion Kidd has a bison named Sturdy Keeper ( seems a good name for a privy companion, I think! )

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Ghost Singer is not a randomly generated name.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Skyfire and Ghost Singer are both actual companion names, not randomly generated (which is why they are good names).

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on May 28, 2017 wrote:
Most of the names for my pirate's companions are mostly "Meh" not bad or very good. But here are some honorable mentions of names I do like:
Silver Isis has a Bison archer named Skyfire and a Bison shaman ( ? ) named Ghost Singer ( which is appropriate because he's a ghost! )
Black Morgan Moone has a Bison archer named Golden Hawk and a Black Storm Elder named Night Eagle.
Marion Kidd has a bison named Sturdy Keeper ( seems a good name for a privy companion, I think! )
Skyfire and Ghost singer are not randomly generated, but they are pretty cool!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on May 26, 2017 wrote:
My 's Bison's name is Fire Wolf, and that's awesome. And my 's black storm bison's name is Sky Runner, which sounds like a movie.

My worst ones are:

Armu Tua (Watermole Slingman) and Dai Tsao (Inoshishi cheif)
Brave Kiley's Hahona Loto is a Water Mole Slingman, but personally I like the name. I call him "Hah" for short.
Helpful Aurora Parker's Pedro de Ursua is a Crazy Monquistador. Seriously? Ursua? Like Ursula?
Helpful Aurora Parker's Shifty Logan Dalton is a randomly-generated Toreador Maestro. It's an okay name.
And Brave Kiley's Dead-Eye Bart Clanton is a Horse Musketeer. I personally do not like that name. I like my Bison, Stormy Sky. (I think that's his name...)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Why oh why does my elegant horse matador have to be Stinky Logan Bass? Why not Pedro Paso?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on May 29, 2017 wrote:
Why oh why does my elegant horse matador have to be Stinky Logan Bass? Why not Pedro Paso?
Any of the names used for the Toreador are bad; they're Cool Ranch "outlaw" names - we need Santo Pollo names that reflect his culture.
They really should have just used "Toreador" as his name.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on May 31, 2017 wrote:
Any of the names used for the Toreador are bad; they're Cool Ranch "outlaw" names - we need Santo Pollo names that reflect his culture.
They really should have just used "Toreador" as his name.
Exactly. Those "outlaw" names are just bad for toreadors.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
I went back and checked; Stinky Logan Bass was actually my weasel gambler, not a great name, but I guess I can deal with it for my gambler. The toreador's name was not as bad as I remembered, but still not loving it, Dead Eye Cullian Bass. Totally agree they used the wrong list for the toreadors. I guess these guys will just have to be ..., x insert shocking music here x, BROTHERS!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Donna Finch on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
I went back and checked; Stinky Logan Bass was actually my weasel gambler, not a great name, but I guess I can deal with it for my gambler. The toreador's name was not as bad as I remembered, but still not loving it, Dead Eye Cullian Bass. Totally agree they used the wrong list for the toreadors. I guess these guys will just have to be ..., x insert shocking music here x, BROTHERS!
My 's mustang rowdy's last name is Bass. Ask the Toreador if he has a brother named Andy.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Donna Finch on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
Oops! That was supposed to be a Calamity Finch post.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
Oops! That was supposed to be a Calamity Finch post.
AHA! Your secret identity stands revealed!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 4, 2017 wrote:
AHA! Your secret identity stands revealed!
Nope. Just a mistake due to someone logging in for a petpalooza pet snack. Didn't notice the wrong account was active.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Speaking of the horrible names for toreadors, My brother got TWO GUNNED as an adjective for his

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
darkmoordude on Jun 8, 2017 wrote:
Speaking of the horrible names for toreadors, My brother got TWO GUNNED as an adjective for his
Hey, at least I think it's a pretty cool adjective.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jun 8, 2017 wrote:
Hey, at least I think it's a pretty cool adjective.

For the Toreador? Who uses a sword? Sorry to disagree, but that's one of the worst names for describing a swashbuckler.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
My Inoshishi Necromancer got the name of Da Wa and I just absolutely love it.

My Cutthroat Pirate got the name Sleepy Jack Finny. I don't really want somebody Sleepy on my crew!

Both my Haywire Marine AND my Haywire Battle Angel got the name Presidos Sentrix (I think). My only problem is that they both have the same name.

My Haywire Dragoon got Custos Crassatrix and I like the alliteration in his name.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Steven Owlhunter on Jun 9, 2017 wrote:
My Inoshishi Necromancer got the name of Da Wa and I just absolutely love it.

My Cutthroat Pirate got the name Sleepy Jack Finny. I don't really want somebody Sleepy on my crew!

Both my Haywire Marine AND my Haywire Battle Angel got the name Presidos Sentrix (I think). My only problem is that they both have the same name.

My Haywire Dragoon got Custos Crassatrix and I like the alliteration in his name.
Imagine if he shouted his name before battle like Leroy Jenkins, it would be like "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I checked and my 's Crossbow Monquistian's name is Fernan Munoz. Really? Munoz? Like Muno from yo gabba gabba, that show I watched when I was like, 5?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Jun 14, 2017 wrote:
I checked and my 's Crossbow Monquistian's name is Fernan Munoz. Really? Munoz? Like Muno from yo gabba gabba, that show I watched when I was like, 5?
Munoz is a real Hispanic name and would be perfect for my Toreador.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 14, 2017 wrote:
Munoz is a real Hispanic name and would be perfect for my Toreador.
Hmm, I see that that can work for toreadors.