Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Dressed Bosses?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Who ( in your opinion ) are the best dressed bosses of P101? The ones that you spend hours ( or months ) trying to get their clothes, not because of their power, but because they look so darn good!
Here's my top three for Best Dressed:
1. Captain Swing ( Marleybone ) This boss has a wicked sense of style; his Luddites Topper, Clobber, and Spats are the cat's meow! I've spent months trying to get his clothes when someone pointed out that if you've turned in Bonnie's promotion, it's not possible to farm him. Rats!
2. Insensitive Faye Jennings ( The Nefarious Five, Tower of Moo Manchu ) Simply elegant military wear for the Privateer ( or anyone who wishes to exude authority ). Her Turncoat's Hat, Jacket & Boots make a great ensemble and her boots give a more than decent boost to dodge and will.
3. The Duck of Death ( English Bill, Boot Hill Cemetery ) Dark and dangerous sums up these clothes. The Hired Gun of the Old West.
AND if there's a Best Dressed, there has to be the Worst, right?
The dishonorable mentions go to:
1. Moo Manchu: ( Tower of Moo Manchu ) I'll start with that pill-box hat, it's the size of a sports arena! It dwarfs our poor pirates head. And his robes and boots are like hideous pajamas.
2. Captain Blood ( Miranda ) Brown, brown, and yet more brown; do you know what else is brown?
Please join in with your faves and hates!

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
One of my favorites was
Phule from marco Pollos Tomb and Fort Elena
I have seen many pirates wearing Phules gear and since it is the only real defining armada gear besides the battle angel gear, it stands out a lot and gets you noticed in crowds if you have his full gear set. It may be a struggle to get but the next time you see someone say "Hey! It's Phule! You might chuckle a little bit looking back at your Phule Gear
One set of gear from a boss that I absolutely hated was
Captain Pluton from the Spartacos
I hated this boss I hated his name I hated his outfit I hated his pet Orthrus (most over powered minion ever who one turns muskets) I thought his outfit was absolutely disgusting and I think he should get something better and burn his current one.
Besides that, those were my two top picks.

I'd love to see what other Pirates have in store for this topic.

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
Good thing you ask!
My favorite is one who isn't ( Red Fox ).

Now, the ones you chose out, must be: Duck Of Death!
I mean who doesn't like his look?
It's just really ''gentlemen'' looking!

For my least favorite must be: Moo Manchu,
Now Moo Manchu does look great, but
i like the other's better.

What's your favorite, and least favorite, Anercobie?

-Eric

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I personally really like Buck Bronco's outfit. Just the jacket; not the hat. It's perfect for a musketeer and it looks great no matter what color you dye it.

For a list, say top 5, I'd have to put them:

1. Captain Blood (jacket is awesome)
2. Buck Bronco (looks awesome on a pirate)
3. Captain Swing (gotta love purple plaid...I guess)
4. Duck of Death (dark and proper)
5. Metal Guardian (I farmed way too long for that not to like it enough to include it here)

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
1. Rooke: He just looks EPIC in his armor, and when you are fighting against him with Admiral Nelson, he towers above everyone like a giant! His armor is gilded and is made up of the perfect colors for the leader of the Armada's navy!

2. Bishop: With his getup, he looks exactly like a mad scientist! The fight against him is difficult, but seeing him in action is what makes the fight worth it!

3. The Brass Monkey: He looks arrogant, and he dresses as if he were important! I REALLY hope KI makes his pistol a droppable weapon!

WORST DRESSED BOSSES:

1. Deacon: Although he looks like a Spymaster, his hat is the size of a salad bowl. That hat could have been done better.

2. The Floating Dutchman: Looks almost like Captain Blood, and he wears about the same getup. He could have been designed a bit better.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Captain Blood's outfit is my favorite outfit, and his simple boots are my favorite boots, appearance wise, I don't like his hat at all, though. My favorite character has managed to score both boots and outfit; he went with a simple bandanna for his hat (I do have the hat, but it is dorky).

I would like Swing's outfit a lot better if I could die it - the colors are (a) nasty and (b) don't fit any of my pirates' colors.

-Indigo

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I like any dog's sense of style, wearing real pants that go from waist to ankle. Pirates should learn from it.

I second that English Bill has style. He has real, full-length pants, they're just tucked under his tall cowboy boots.

By the way, any of the on-deck ship bosses in the Pirate's Regatta can drop Captain Swing's gear. I got his shirt there, a friend of mine got his knives there, and plenty of the people who hang around the morphing tent can tell you they've gotten his gear there too.

The Pirate's Regatta loot table is like: random w101 housing item #1, random w101 housing item #2, cool unique pet, Captain Swing stuff (wow predictive typing capitalized Captain Swing cause I've typed it 2 times before)

Ok I'm petting a cat now bye

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Ah, one of the things I like best about Pirate 101 is the clothes, particularly of the various NPCs! Though in my case, it is not necessarily to obtain the clothing (though I certainly worked hard to get Captain Swing's ensemble) -- I just like admiring their clothes.

So my list, not in any particular order:

1) Rooke. His finely made white wig, imposing hat, flowing cloak, gold-trimmed armor, red velvet frock coat under which he wears chain mail and a white surcoat underneath... he is a splendid amalgam of Medieval Knight and 18th C. commander. Anne has been stunned with admiration facing him... or maybe she was just stunned by his knockback

In truth, all the Armada are natty dressers. Even the rank and file have elegant gentleman's suits with whalebone-stiffened frock coats (evocative of fashions in the first half of the 18th C.). The Armada Dragoons have armor beautifully chased with steel clockwork designs, and before they knock you into oblivion you might notice that they too have lovely white wigs (but theirs seem to be porcelain-like, matching their faces, rather than the more 'real' one of Rooke). The Armada Angels wear more the latest sort of fashion (18th C.-wise), with their elegant 'cut-away' frock coats (the kind you might have seen George Washington wear). But certainly as impressive as Rooke in his own way is...

2) Deacon. I once described Deacon in a fan-fiction story: "The greater rank of the new Clockwork man was evident in the fashionable cut and excellent fabric of his gentleman's suit, richly embellished with fine embroidery, gold braid, and frills of beautiful lace at the neck and sleeve cuffs. A large gold medallion served to fasten his fine wool cloak, unlike the ribbons ordinary folk used."

Thus the civilian elegance of Deacon's dress is absolutely intended to intimidate, just in a slightly different way than Rooke's.

... but I am nearly out of room, so more tomorrow ...

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you for all your replies, I think I've struck a chord on this subject, please keep them coming!
@ Unfair Angel: Yes, Phule's mask and wand are certainly popular, I hope that KI takes this in consideration and allow the Elites to drop their lovely clothes for us!
@ imagician26: Red Fox's gear is really rare, kudos if you managed to get that radical look for yourself! And speaking of radicals - what do you think of Guy Fox''s style?
@ Mistydragon13: We certainly agree about Buck Bronco's jacket, there's something about that worn leather look that is appealing. ( Unfortunately I sold mine, this was way back when stitching wasn't available and I didn't want a "useless" item in my bank! )
@ warriorscreed: I totally agree about the clothes the Elites wear! Now if only Bishop's robe & boots were available....
I like Deacon's outfit but you're right about the hat ( very strange ).
@ Indigo Ring: And here I thought you would want to dress as Gortez! Captain Blood's boots are very attractive, indeed. I think Captain Swing must be color blind ( notice his mismatched eyes? ) I can live with a shocking combo of purple and orange.
@ Andrew Deathblade: Thank you for the tip about the Regatta. Say hello to your sweet cat from me!
@ Anne Radcliffe: Looking forward to reading more!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
... and more:

3) Captain Swing. His combination of purple coat and red & orange plaid breeches is rather... eyewatering, shall we say, but I just love the purple brocade jacket (beautiful texture), frilly shirt cuffs, snowy cravat, mother-of-pearl cuff buttons, and elegant cut. It's my purple-loving, elegance-loving swashbuckler who wears this more than any other ensemble. Despite the plaid breeches.

4) Ophidian Flame Dancers. They may be snakes-in-the-grass, but they dress with such prettiness, with their gold-banded graceful robes and contrasting sashes, and lavish adornments of jeweled headdresses and necklaces (golden collars, really). Yep, those lovely garments just make my feminine heart go pit-a-pat!

In the same vein, a particularly beautifully dressed Ophidian boss is Mari. As a commanding officer, her archer's tunic is graced by golden scale-mail, and an exceptionally fancy quiver for her arrows.

5) Captain Blood. True, it is a lot of brown, but a great 18th C. cut -- so classic for a pirate! The breeches have a subtle stripe, the deep cuffs of the frock coat are stylish, and the waistcoat has a beautiful cut-velvet look to its design. Though my witchdoctor usually prefers to dress like a girl, and in the most exotic way possible, this ensemble has become her favorite (though I don't know why she hasn't switched out the brown neck-handkerchief for a white one...)

Those are my favorites thus far, though I will put in a good word for Moo Manchu, who is dressed very well in the classic (what else?!) Manchu style of the Qing dynasty. And Esperanza, my favorite thing about Faye is her lovely, dainty mask (even if she does use it in a nefarious way!)

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
AndrewDeathblade11... on Dec 28, 2015 wrote:
I like any dog's sense of style, wearing real pants that go from waist to ankle. Pirates should learn from it.

I second that English Bill has style. He has real, full-length pants, they're just tucked under his tall cowboy boots.

By the way, any of the on-deck ship bosses in the Pirate's Regatta can drop Captain Swing's gear. I got his shirt there, a friend of mine got his knives there, and plenty of the people who hang around the morphing tent can tell you they've gotten his gear there too.

The Pirate's Regatta loot table is like: random w101 housing item #1, random w101 housing item #2, cool unique pet, Captain Swing stuff (wow predictive typing capitalized Captain Swing cause I've typed it 2 times before)

Ok I'm petting a cat now bye
That cat comment made my day

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
Thanks for asking @Anercobie!
Guy Fox, [ in my opinion ] looks like a ''black'' version of Red Fox
And Red Fox's clothes are rare, and i do wish that KI made them as easier to get.

And i myself think, that KI should make it possible to get for example Rooke's face as a mask?
I mean i'm a big fan of his look too, and i could get another thing to use my time on.
What do you think about it @Anercobie?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
imagician26 on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for asking @Anercobie!
Guy Fox, [ in my opinion ] looks like a ''black'' version of Red Fox
And Red Fox's clothes are rare, and i do wish that KI made them as easier to get.

And i myself think, that KI should make it possible to get for example Rooke's face as a mask?
I mean i'm a big fan of his look too, and i could get another thing to use my time on.
What do you think about it @Anercobie?
My Privateer ( Marion Kidd ) is dressed entirely in Rooke's gear - General's Capello, Armentura, and the Heavy Dragoon's Boots; all stitched to Tower gear. She also has Rooke's bulwark in her bank, unfortunately unable to stitch to the Bond Oni's Bulwark from the Nefarious Five which she is currently using.
The only thing I hate about this ensemble is that it tends to make her look like a boy ( alas! ) It does look smashing on a boy, though.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
... and more:

3) Captain Swing. His combination of purple coat and red & orange plaid breeches is rather... eyewatering, shall we say, but I just love the purple brocade jacket (beautiful texture), frilly shirt cuffs, snowy cravat, mother-of-pearl cuff buttons, and elegant cut. It's my purple-loving, elegance-loving swashbuckler who wears this more than any other ensemble. Despite the plaid breeches.

4) Ophidian Flame Dancers. They may be snakes-in-the-grass, but they dress with such prettiness, with their gold-banded graceful robes and contrasting sashes, and lavish adornments of jeweled headdresses and necklaces (golden collars, really). Yep, those lovely garments just make my feminine heart go pit-a-pat!

In the same vein, a particularly beautifully dressed Ophidian boss is Mari. As a commanding officer, her archer's tunic is graced by golden scale-mail, and an exceptionally fancy quiver for her arrows.

5) Captain Blood. True, it is a lot of brown, but a great 18th C. cut -- so classic for a pirate! The breeches have a subtle stripe, the deep cuffs of the frock coat are stylish, and the waistcoat has a beautiful cut-velvet look to its design. Though my witchdoctor usually prefers to dress like a girl, and in the most exotic way possible, this ensemble has become her favorite (though I don't know why she hasn't switched out the brown neck-handkerchief for a white one...)

Those are my favorites thus far, though I will put in a good word for Moo Manchu, who is dressed very well in the classic (what else?!) Manchu style of the Qing dynasty. And Esperanza, my favorite thing about Faye is her lovely, dainty mask (even if she does use it in a nefarious way!)
That mask that wonderful, horrible mask! It so pretty but I finally was able to get one ( currently on my Witchdoctor as she has the best will ) I'm hoping for an extra that I can stitch so Esperanza can enjoy it.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Lo Pan.. his robe is awesome, I want it for my WD :/

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
My Privateer ( Marion Kidd ) is dressed entirely in Rooke's gear - General's Capello, Armentura, and the Heavy Dragoon's Boots; all stitched to Tower gear. She also has Rooke's bulwark in her bank, unfortunately unable to stitch to the Bond Oni's Bulwark from the Nefarious Five which she is currently using.
The only thing I hate about this ensemble is that it tends to make her look like a boy ( alas! ) It does look smashing on a boy, though.
I think we make a lovely match!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Silver Angel on Jan 1, 2016 wrote:
Lo Pan.. his robe is awesome, I want it for my WD :/
I wear it with my bishop's gear. I did a wedding playing as the bishop lol. Although I played the part rather well.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
He isn't really a boss but the final tier eagle mercenary is amazing

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
What about Finn Dorsal? I know he drops his goggles ( that used to have the talent: Scent ) and his weapon, but what about his tank/suspenders combo? wouldn't a guy pirate like the "tough bad-guy" look from that?

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 11, 2016 wrote:
What about Finn Dorsal? I know he drops his goggles ( that used to have the talent: Scent ) and his weapon, but what about his tank/suspenders combo? wouldn't a guy pirate like the "tough bad-guy" look from that?
It's more of a "60's mechanic that peaked in high school and amounted to next to nothing" look....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
It's more of a "60's mechanic that peaked in high school and amounted to next to nothing" look....
Yes, I can just see a name patch stitched on his tank that says "Finn", and he would call women customers "sweetie" or "honey"......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
Of course this is almost the same gear worn by Mr. T in the A-Team ( minus the hundreds of gold chains and rings ).

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I would have to say rooke, for a robot general he is pretty well dressed

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
1] Ernest Shackleton
2] Hugo Boss
3] Boss Hogg
4] Boss Spearman
5] Diana Ross
6] Bruce Springsteen
7] (Tie) Tony Micelli, Angela Bower, Mona Robinson