Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Beggars again

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
With the surge of pirates returning to the game due to the acquisition; there is also a return of greedy, rude beggars.
This latest example - (name omitted) I was using the team up ledger, looking for pirates to help. When I found an instance in MooShu. I entered and was greeted by the pirate asking for help. She then asked me to friend her. The moment I did, she asked me to gift her a companion. When I explained that I couldn't gift a companion because it's not possible. She asked me to gift her crowns "because I don't have crowns of my own".
I said that I wouldn't and told her good bye (unfriended her and left the dungeon) unfortunately, leaving her with more enemies and less companions to fight them.
It's obvious that she only wanted a "friend" to give her stuff. And possibly do her quests for her.
Is it any wonder I'm very hesitant to friend anyone?
Have you been hit lately by beggars?

Ensign
Sep 12, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2021 wrote:
With the surge of pirates returning to the game due to the acquisition; there is also a return of greedy, rude beggars.
This latest example - (name omitted) I was using the team up ledger, looking for pirates to help. When I found an instance in MooShu. I entered and was greeted by the pirate asking for help. She then asked me to friend her. The moment I did, she asked me to gift her a companion. When I explained that I couldn't gift a companion because it's not possible. She asked me to gift her crowns "because I don't have crowns of my own".
I said that I wouldn't and told her good bye (unfriended her and left the dungeon) unfortunately, leaving her with more enemies and less companions to fight them.
It's obvious that she only wanted a "friend" to give her stuff. And possibly do her quests for her.
Is it any wonder I'm very hesitant to friend anyone?
Have you been hit lately by beggars?
Wow. Since I don’t have text or open chat (I am running on menu chat), I didn’t realise such stuff was going on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
brian angel grove on Apr 14, 2021 wrote:
Wow. Since I don’t have text or open chat (I am running on menu chat), I didn’t realise such stuff was going on.
Lucky you