Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do you use WSAD or Arrow keys?

WSAD keys
40% [36]
Arrow keys
60% [54]

BeautifulMonkey's Poll--WSAD or Arrow keys?

AuthorMessage
Administrator
I really liked BeautifulMonkey's fun post, so I thought I'd make it an administrator poll you can vote on!

So which do you use for movement around the Spiral?

(the poll is scheduled to close in 30 days! Thanks again for the post, BeautifulMonkey!)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
I really liked BeautifulMonkey's fun post, so I thought I'd make it an administrator poll you can vote on!

So which do you use for movement around the Spiral?

(the poll is scheduled to close in 30 days! Thanks again for the post, BeautifulMonkey!)
Way cool Jack. Thank you.

Community Leader
I guess I use the arrow keys when I need them, but generally use the mouse for everything (with the help of a few programmable buttons). Only exception is ship battles, I like to use the 1234 keys. ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
I guess I use the arrow keys when I need them, but generally use the mouse for everything (with the help of a few programmable buttons). Only exception is ship battles, I like to use the 1234 keys. ;)
for me, i use WASD because right above them is 1234 which is an easy switch for ship battles

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Apr 4, 2014 wrote:
Oh me too. I use 1234, mouse clicking was just way too slow, but my numbers are on the right side 10 key pad.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Like Chrissy said, this is cool. Looks like I just made the poll 50-50. It would probably change in a while though.

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
WSAD. I play Pirate 101 on my laptop and the arrow keys are uncomfortably small for me to use.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
arrows are easier because it takes me forever to find the wasd keys

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Woah! Um..

I'm glad you liked it, Jack!

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Roar! Arrow keys are winning!? I expected more of WSAD for at least ship combat, like Chrissy said, oh, forgive me for being distracted.. Chrissy is one of those few who explain their posts, like responding to questions, and it's fantastic, to be honest, in the future, I think she could be an author.. anyways.. I forgot what I was talking about!
Jacob

Ensign
Aug 14, 2008
I use the WASD keys because of comfortability. Just like how videogame controllers and handhelds have the D-pad on the left side, it just feels natural for me to use the WASD keys to roam around the Spiral.

Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
Wow this is pretty cool I am also surprised arrow keys are winning!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Beautifulmonkey on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Roar! Arrow keys are winning!? I expected more of WSAD for at least ship combat, like Chrissy said, oh, forgive me for being distracted.. Chrissy is one of those few who explain their posts, like responding to questions, and it's fantastic, to be honest, in the future, I think she could be an author.. anyways.. I forgot what I was talking about!
Jacob
That is sweet of you to say Jacob and you are not the first to suggest such a thing.
A belated Happy Birthday to you. You will just have to imagine a cool graphic here as it is in my heart for ya.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
For broadside combat, and I use a standard keyboard, I use 1234 keys between the letters and function keys, arrow keys on my right, and the mouse to select an opponent or click and drag to view the area while I pound the enemy ship.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
I've always used the arrow keys simply because I was used to them since I was little(r) playing games with strictly just that. I haven't voted yet because I haven't used WSAD before. In the last couple days I've been using them instead and it's not so bad. In fact I feel more comfortable using both hands and how it's closer to the shortcut keys. What I'm saying is people may or may not be voting for arrow keys because they're used to it and haven't even tried WSAD.

Ensign
Feb 25, 2013
I use both. When just running around I use WSAD. When I need to use X to click or collect, then I use the arrow keys. I guess I'm just a little bipolar with my movements .

Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
Im used to WASD in minecraft so I use it

Ensign
Jul 05, 2010
Beautifulmonkey on Apr 7, 2014 wrote:
Jacob
yah but if u use the arrow keys u can use ur other hand for 1234

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Unless I'm playing SMITE, then I mostly prefer to use the arrow keys on my keyboard as I grew up using them so they just feel natural to me in all honesty.

Ensign
Oct 28, 2012
I usually use the mouse to move and not the keyboard, but when I do, I drink-wait wrong commercial wrong place, I use the wasd keys though, since my hand is closer to mashing the ship buttons. Plus it has become habitual due to a majority of most games having wasd as movement for PC.

Ensign
Jan 30, 2011
Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Personally, I use the WASD keys. I'm right-handed and use the mouse in that hand. I find, especially for ship battle, left hand on the keyboard for movement - right hand on the mouse for firing. But this is just me.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Ensign
Feb 17, 2013
I use arrow keys (just a habit).

Noble Blaze Otway