Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Backstories!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Hello there, my fellow pirating comrades! I was wondering today: What if a thread was started where pirates could tell their backstories to each other? I thought maybe it was a good idea, and that is why I am starting this thread! It would be amazing to hear other pirates' full backstories on how they got to the Spiral!
Here is my backstory, made short so I can fit it into I post.

Name: Slick Michael Radcliffe.
Original Name (Optional for others): Starslayer.
Species: Human
Original Species (Optional for others): Equestrian.
Class: Musketeer.

Starslayer is an Equestrian Prince, who after telling his friends he wanted to go back to the Spiral, after liberating it from the Armada, left on a journey to become a pirate. Naturally, his friends joined him, and they became pirates working for the legendary Captain Swing as blockade runners. Before all of this, Starslayer was a completely normal teenager, until the events of the Armada attacking the human world during a convention started him and his friends on the path to becoming legends. After being shunned for abandoning their home to get away from World War 3 (yes, I am about to say this), were welcomed into Equestria, mainly Ponyville, for saving their nation from the Armada months before. After completely abandoning their human selves, they transformed into Equestrians, and they became Equestria's most elite defensive unit. After serving in 3 wars, Starslayer decommissioned the unit, and they relaxed for a long time, until a month later, when their pirating careers began. Since then, the Armada has risen again, and it is up to Starslayer and his friends to defeat them once again!

I hope you like my backstory! This is sort of what happened in a book I am writing for fun!
Anyways, I hope you like this idea! Happy posting and pirating!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Here's mine, and it will leave you scratching your head.

Name: Justin Moone
Other Name: Casey
Real Species: Human
Class: Musketeer

Justin is not from the spiral, nor has he been to it before. And Justin is just an alias that he goes by in case he gets in serious trouble. After returning from his successful previous journeys, he decided after seeing the ad, he had to go. (True Story!). He grabbed his brother and headed off for another grand adventure. His parents are at his home in the real world, and when he got there, he was on an Armada ship, somewhere in Grizzleheim. The two brothers were separated. Justin leaped on a Grizzleheim ship that he sweared looked familiar to him, and Caleb leaped on a Marleybone ship, to which Justin forgot the name. He was the only smart one in the clan he signed on for an internship with to use a gun, while everyone else used sticks with iron on them. The brothers were reunited on The Abdominable both as prisoners, but their reunion was short. Justin was taken by Boochbeard along with his new pal Wing Chun, while his brother (Who went under the alias Leo Blake) was thrown on an Armada prison vessel. Justin, to this day, is still searching for Leo and the robot who imprisoned him. He's taken his mind off of it by random acts of violence, and blasting various gangs and Black Storm vessels out of the sky (I'm up to Cool Ranch). His main rival is the Aztecosaur Blood Lord.

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
Name: Kai Sawkins
other name: Owl (Too many books i reckon)
species: human
real species: human
class: privateer

Kai lived in marleybone with his dear friend Reed Stevenson who spoke with him from a magical orb that he created. His parents were lost in the search of ancient treasure and Kai never saw them again. not knowing how to let his grief out he ran well sailed as far as grizzleheim. Two bear widows took him in from the cold. Raised until he was six teen then he sailed off on his own, but he was captured his crew taken onto another boat never saw them again. to his utter shock reed was there trying too break the lock with hand magic. another strange thing after the eleven years he never lost the marlybone accent and still talked like a proper dog. breaking out he always would remember and even brag to Reed "Oh your in for magic? Well I was arrested for high treason"

a couple months later...

"why am i here? what's my purpose?" Kai looked around
"captain my captain ye be lookin' for el dorado remember?" old scratch pushed?
"Yea but after the wipe i dont remember what the point is, yes to find my parents grave but it feels like pointless"
"The gold cap'n think about the gold"
(after the memory wipe kai lost his will to look for it because of him forgetting the day his parents didnt come off their ship. remember the dark side of Kai thats what pushed him now that's gone only time will tell if Kai will still go after the gold? (he will but for affect for the story duh)

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
Kai Alcott.
Born in Valencia, one hundred years ago, Kai Alcott's family moved to Mooshu when he was ten. He went to local taverns and learned from traveling wizards, and became a necromancer. Four years later, a civil war sparks, and the peasants are fighting a war against their emperor. Kai fought for the peasants, resurrecting Samoorai to fight. He was ambushed, though, one day by hired ice wizards. They froze him on a raft, and he did not awaken until a hundred years later. He was found by his brother and sister, each also preserved for a century in their own way.
He travels back to Mooshu, only to find himself something of a demon in folklore, as his peasant allies lost and his enemies remember only the dead minions he summoned, and the worst spells he cast.
Distraught, and without a home, the former Wizard returns to his ancestral home, in Valencia. He then is caught up in a Brotherhood plot to destroy a Clockwork Factory, and joins their ranks. One year later, he is fifteen years old, and an influential assassin in the Valencian Assassin's Brotherhood. He is still on a quest for answers though. Answers to two questions:
Where are the rest of the Alcotts? How does one of the most ancient and powerful clans in Valencia just disappear?
There's more, but I'm running out of time.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
This be my backstory,

Six years ago after a dreaded mutiny on his parents ship a young boy named Jack Morgan smuggled safely away form that dreaded ordeal. His parent's good friend and member of the Dead-eye Clan Dead-eye Mike (soon to be called Dead Mike) who smuggled Jack and took him to a land where he can be safe the world Grizzleheim. Mike had an old friend in Grizzleheim that could take care of Jack as a favor Mike's friend owed him, cause to Mike he just wasn't capable of taking care of a child so before he left Grizzleheim he said to Jack( Mike: I want you to stay strong little Jack, this is goodbye for I have a quest ahead of me, to find the one who caused that mutiny and when I do I will avenge your parents my friends ).But before Mike got on his boat Jack said to Mike( Jack: Mike will we ever see each other again) Mike smiled and gave Jack a big hug and said( Mike: I'm sure we will someday after I've avenged your parents, and when do I'll treat you to bottle of yum ok ). Jack said (Jack: ok). With that said Mike sailed away and Jack went with Mike's old friend Loth the Longfang of the wolves to his new home were a new chapter begins. To be continued

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
warriorscreed on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello there, my fellow pirating comrades! I was wondering today: What if a thread was started where pirates could tell their backstories to each other? I thought maybe it was a good idea, and that is why I am starting this thread! It would be amazing to hear other pirates' full backstories on how they got to the Spiral!
Here is my backstory, made short so I can fit it into I post.

Name: Slick Michael Radcliffe.
Original Name (Optional for others): Starslayer.
Original Species (Optional for others): Equestrian.
Class: Musketeer.

Starslayer is an Equestrian Prince, who after telling his friends he wanted to go back to the Spiral, after liberating it from the Armada, left on a journey to become a pirate. Naturally, his friends joined him, and they became pirates working for the legendary Captain Swing as blockade runners. Before all of this, Starslayer was a completely normal teenager, until the events of the Armada attacking the human world during a convention started him and his friends on the path to becoming legends. After being shunned for abandoning their home to get away from World War 3 (yes, I am about to say this), were welcomed into Equestria, mainly Ponyville, for saving their nation from the Armada months before. After completely abandoning their human selves, they transformed into Equestrians, and they became Equestria's most elite defensive unit. After serving in 3 wars, Starslayer decommissioned the unit, and they relaxed for a long time, until a month later, when their pirating careers began. Since then, the Armada has risen again, and it is up to Starslayer and his friends to defeat them once again!

I hope you like my backstory! This is sort of what happened in a book I am writing for fun!
Anyways, I hope you like this idea! Happy posting and pirating!
I'm sorry, but the armada has not been defeated yet, and they do not seek other dimensions. They haven't even TRIED leaving the Spiral.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Kai Alcott on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry, but the armada has not been defeated yet, and they do not seek other dimensions. They haven't even TRIED leaving the Spiral.
Remember, this is in MY book. I am re-arranging events in a way. In short, the Armada conquered every dimension, leaving the dimension of reality as the last one standing. After a huge war on a MASSIVE scale, the Armada was defeated, and Kane was killed. Somehow, the remaining Clockworks, still in exile in other worlds, re-gathered their forces, and they took Valencia by storm. This is the chain of events in my book. Think of it as an "alternate reality".

First Mate
Dec 13, 2009
warriorscreed on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
Remember, this is in MY book. I am re-arranging events in a way. In short, the Armada conquered every dimension, leaving the dimension of reality as the last one standing. After a huge war on a MASSIVE scale, the Armada was defeated, and Kane was killed. Somehow, the remaining Clockworks, still in exile in other worlds, re-gathered their forces, and they took Valencia by storm. This is the chain of events in my book. Think of it as an "alternate reality".
Then again, if P101 or W101 went to real life, that would be amazing. The skyways look like roads and fields, and ships look like cars... I like that idea.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
the rebbeca story is a little complex
first of she used to live in Valencia because she was orphaned
and then moved to krokotopia 'a few months later after that her parents got killed by a sky squid
so then she met a wizard who told her only to help others or her heart woul;d blacken
she refused for that deal then she fleed to skull island
the armada is watching her
her every move
she has to be careful
or else she might be in a cell in Valencia again