Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Avernus

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
If you tell me that you weren't afraid to explore Avernus when you first saw it, I know you're lying. I can still remember my panic when I got pulled into a battle with those bone drakes, and the overall fear I experienced first coming into the skyway. The three huge twirls of debris and dust show that something quite unusual has happened to the world of Dragonspyre. Even coming face to face with it again tonight as a level fifty-eight, it still scares me.

((Warning! Wizard101 tie-in speculation ahead!))

Could this be the work of Malistaire? What if his murderous rampage he revisited old Dragonsypre and destroyed it? The bone drakes, like the one in his own battle in the graveyard of Castle Darkmoor, could have summoned up those swirls with their dark-as-heck magic, from when the Dragon Titan created them. Not to mention the empty stormgate when you look at the Avernus Skyway map. Where could this lead, that the wizards could not reach with their lack of ships? If this all happened AFTER the events of Azteca took place, the Monquistans surely knew of the wizards. They could know that Malistaire did it, yet they don't tell us, because of a reason I don't know.

SO what do you guys think? Do you believe that ol' Molly and DJ Dragon could have caused the whole Avernus thing?

(I just ruined my own theory. What if Avernus is a different skyway from where Wizard101 Dragonspyre takes place? I'm angry at myself.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cody Lighthunter on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
If you tell me that you weren't afraid to explore Avernus when you first saw it, I know you're lying. I can still remember my panic when I got pulled into a battle with those bone drakes, and the overall fear I experienced first coming into the skyway. The three huge twirls of debris and dust show that something quite unusual has happened to the world of Dragonspyre. Even coming face to face with it again tonight as a level fifty-eight, it still scares me.

((Warning! Wizard101 tie-in speculation ahead!))

Could this be the work of Malistaire? What if his murderous rampage he revisited old Dragonsypre and destroyed it? The bone drakes, like the one in his own battle in the graveyard of Castle Darkmoor, could have summoned up those swirls with their dark-as-heck magic, from when the Dragon Titan created them. Not to mention the empty stormgate when you look at the Avernus Skyway map. Where could this lead, that the wizards could not reach with their lack of ships? If this all happened AFTER the events of Azteca took place, the Monquistans surely knew of the wizards. They could know that Malistaire did it, yet they don't tell us, because of a reason I don't know.

SO what do you guys think? Do you believe that ol' Molly and DJ Dragon could have caused the whole Avernus thing?

(I just ruined my own theory. What if Avernus is a different skyway from where Wizard101 Dragonspyre takes place? I'm angry at myself.)
The destruction we witness in Avernus is the work of the Dragon Titan and his army. I wasn't afraid entering this skyway ( call me a liar if you dare! ) I was awed by the remains of what was obviously large islands, and when I turned my ship to get the 360 view, I saw Dragonspyre and the form of the Dragon Titan brooding over it. I was skilled enough in navigation to avoid being pulled into battle with the bone drakes.

Ensign
May 15, 2011
now that you say this I wonder is p101 on a timeline before w101 because some of these worlds are from w101. cause skull island could be wizard city in the future. the marlybone in p101 seems to be older than the one in w101 so I wonder if there is gonna be a plot to p101 that will lead to the start of the wizarding ways of w101

Admiral
May 30, 2010
josephearthblade on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
now that you say this I wonder is p101 on a timeline before w101 because some of these worlds are from w101. cause skull island could be wizard city in the future. the marlybone in p101 seems to be older than the one in w101 so I wonder if there is gonna be a plot to p101 that will lead to the start of the wizarding ways of w101
Sorry, young Pirate, but you've forgotten (or haven't yet run into) various folks who do talk about Wizard City as being part of their past.

Avernus was pretty. I wasn't particularly scared the first time I went in, but then, Indigo and I went into it together.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
josephearthblade on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
I've been twisting my brain 1080 degrees and beyond trying to come up with a time line. So far, my guess is that going through the storm gate passages somehow messes with the flow of time so some worlds are adventures before W101 and some worlds are after W101.

WARNING! SPOILERS TO WIZARD101 STORY AHEAD! IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED AZTECA, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!:

I disagree with you that Skull Island could be Wizard City in the future. There are more signs that indicate that Skull Island takes place on Azteca after the comet hit rained down on them. The comet could've easily split Azteca into a lot of small islands. Also, keep in mind, that whenever you go deep into some of the Skull Island... islands that you find Aztecans, some of whom, are mummified. The reasons they're scarce on the main island with Avery's Court is because that area has been inhabited by other species for a long time. They've all been cleared.

However that, my friends, is only a theory.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Interesting theories. I like to go there just to look at it.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey