Armada Spies!?!?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
608
Well, here's my conspiracy theory. What if Boochbeard and Gandry are in cohorts with the ARMADA as spies!? Think of it this way. Boochbeard and Gandry have been at pretty big events in the storyline. They were at our big fight with Tyson, and when we released Catbeard from prison! They are relaying our position and status to Kane to help him along to try and defeat us! During our character selection, if you select mutiny as your parents' death, Gandry says this phrase: "You can trust us......of course." That sentence was said misleadingly or deceptively. Then, when we found out Deacon was on the Erebus, Gandry and Boochbeard act surprised, but shouldn't they have known if an Armada ELITE was on the ship!? When we are on the Erebus, after defeating the Armada soldiers, Deacon fires his sparkgun into a bunch of black powder, blowing it up in Boochbeard's face! That ALONE should have killed ol' El Bucho and his monkey sidekick......but it didn't. That gun was aimed by a ROBOT, and it should have hit dead-on! My thought is Deacon purposefully missed to make it look realistic, but to not kill Boochbeard and Gandry! Now, from my secret headquarters in the boonies of Kansas, I can hear you yelling into your computer screen saying: "WARRIORSCREED!? WHAT IN BLAZES ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!" Think about this slowly.......and let the influx of approvals, disapprovals, rants, cheers, etc. pour in!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
Kane doesn't need to know everything about where we are.He is far far far far far far far far far far far too busy with...something.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
797
It is a kids' game, they can't really kill off two of the characters in the tutorial, can they? Your theory does make sense, but I don't think they are spies. After all, they did rescue you from the Armada ship. I get what you mean about the Tyson fight, since I just redid it for fun. That could be a way for them to tell Deacon that you're in Cool Ranch, and could lead him to you in the Motherlode Mine.

Now that I really start to think about it, you do have a really good point. *gasp* Y-you don't think that there will be some sort of big betrayal before the finale at El Dorado, do you?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5494
warriorscreed on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Well, here's my conspiracy theory. What if Boochbeard and Gandry are in cohorts with the ARMADA as spies!? Think of it this way. Boochbeard and Gandry have been at pretty big events in the storyline. They were at our big fight with Tyson, and when we released Catbeard from prison! They are relaying our position and status to Kane to help him along to try and defeat us! During our character selection, if you select mutiny as your parents' death, Gandry says this phrase: "You can trust us......of course." That sentence was said misleadingly or deceptively. Then, when we found out Deacon was on the Erebus, Gandry and Boochbeard act surprised, but shouldn't they have known if an Armada ELITE was on the ship!? When we are on the Erebus, after defeating the Armada soldiers, Deacon fires his sparkgun into a bunch of black powder, blowing it up in Boochbeard's face! That ALONE should have killed ol' El Bucho and his monkey sidekick......but it didn't. That gun was aimed by a ROBOT, and it should have hit dead-on! My thought is Deacon purposefully missed to make it look realistic, but to not kill Boochbeard and Gandry! Now, from my secret headquarters in the boonies of Kansas, I can hear you yelling into your computer screen saying: "WARRIORSCREED!? WHAT IN BLAZES ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!" Think about this slowly.......and let the influx of approvals, disapprovals, rants, cheers, etc. pour in!
Well, if you want disapproval you'll certainly get that! Boochbeard and Gandry are very popular here. If they are spies, why would they rescue us? Couldn't they have just reported to Avery that they failed in their mission? I don't believe the quote was said misleadingly , It comes after Boochbeard saying "That's pirates for you, can't trust any of them" then realizing that HE is a pirate, and what he just said reflects upon him and Gandry, that's when he says "but you can trust us". And since we do see them in a crowd scene, I take it that they are keeping a thoughtful eye on the young pirate they rescued. " Ah Captain Avery, see what you've done? Now every pirate is seeing betrayals everyway they turn" * sighs and shakes her head *

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
103
Ok, that is probably the weirdest idea I've ever heard. I highly doubt they are spies, or the armada. If they were the armada, they wouldn't be helping us; they would be hindering us. Think about it.

And Deacon DID shoot Boochbeard, he almost died, and he was probably at 1 HP (Just imagining :P) Not trying to be rude, but that idea is just...weird.

Petty Alicia Cog

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5494
warriorscreed on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Well, here's my conspiracy theory. What if Boochbeard and Gandry are in cohorts with the ARMADA as spies!? Think of it this way. Boochbeard and Gandry have been at pretty big events in the storyline. They were at our big fight with Tyson, and when we released Catbeard from prison! They are relaying our position and status to Kane to help him along to try and defeat us! During our character selection, if you select mutiny as your parents' death, Gandry says this phrase: "You can trust us......of course." That sentence was said misleadingly or deceptively. Then, when we found out Deacon was on the Erebus, Gandry and Boochbeard act surprised, but shouldn't they have known if an Armada ELITE was on the ship!? When we are on the Erebus, after defeating the Armada soldiers, Deacon fires his sparkgun into a bunch of black powder, blowing it up in Boochbeard's face! That ALONE should have killed ol' El Bucho and his monkey sidekick......but it didn't. That gun was aimed by a ROBOT, and it should have hit dead-on! My thought is Deacon purposefully missed to make it look realistic, but to not kill Boochbeard and Gandry! Now, from my secret headquarters in the boonies of Kansas, I can hear you yelling into your computer screen saying: "WARRIORSCREED!? WHAT IN BLAZES ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!" Think about this slowly.......and let the influx of approvals, disapprovals, rants, cheers, etc. pour in!
Also, I don't see why Boochbeard and Gandry should have know about Deacon being on board the Erebus, Who would expect the Grand Spymaster of the Armada to be on board a prison ship? And as to the explosion, well, OEJ has pointed out no one is 'killed' in Pirate101, just defeated, and you'll admit that Boochbeard was defeated, ( his head was bobbing around just like ours when we're defeated ) he required our assistance to leave the Erebus and then to steer his ship. So beautiful hypothesis, warriorscreed, but it doesn't pan out.

Esperanza Devereaux salutes you

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
608
I like the comments so far lol! Believe me, I was already braced for disapproval! Some days, as I lay on my bed or I am working on my book, I come up with some wacky idea of betrayal/deceit in Pirate101. In real life, I make up wacky things like that to make my friends laugh! When they need to be cheered up, that's what I do! Anyways, back to the actual topic, Boochbeard and Gandry COULD be spies, not they ARE spies. You guys are welcome to fill in with discoveries or revelations of your own! I'm not limiting this topic to what I thought of lol! (Walks away from computer and shakes head and says to self: Blind Mew must be dying of laughter right now!)

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
607
MistyDragon13 on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
It is a kids' game, they can't really kill off two of the characters in the tutorial, can they? Your theory does make sense, but I don't think they are spies. After all, they did rescue you from the Armada ship. I get what you mean about the Tyson fight, since I just redid it for fun. That could be a way for them to tell Deacon that you're in Cool Ranch, and could lead him to you in the Motherlode Mine.

Now that I really start to think about it, you do have a really good point. *gasp* Y-you don't think that there will be some sort of big betrayal before the finale at El Dorado, do you?
In Fort Elena,Phule assures us that the Armada knows we are in Cool Ranch,and Deacon saw us when he was with English Bill.They already knew where we were and what we were doing.
Though,how do they know our every movement?Especially now that we ripped apart their Spymaster?

You can no doubt predict the old cat's answer.
P.S.Thanks Jack for uploading this
P.P.S.Chrissy,you didn't welcome MistyDragon13 to the marauders.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1246
i dont think but wheni first played the game i thought when you completed the game you would battle them or something

Commodore
May 31, 2009
797
Ah, thanks Hoodo Master! I did CR last summer on a 2-month prepaid membership and now I hardly remember it. Most of it is coming back now, since I have been side questing in order to raise my level a bit for Mooshu. (I am only in Khotan Skyway, about to go to the Cavern of Whispers)

But as to Boochbeard and Gandry being spies I still think it may be possible, but not probable. They seem to help you out quite a bit, so they couldn't really be evil. If they were evil I assume that tutorial tips would be given by Captain Avery and/or some of the other class trainers. They might be following you around just to keep an eye out for the pirate they rescued.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
anecorbie on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
Also, I don't see why Boochbeard and Gandry should have know about Deacon being on board the Erebus, Who would expect the Grand Spymaster of the Armada to be on board a prison ship? And as to the explosion, well, OEJ has pointed out no one is 'killed' in Pirate101, just defeated, and you'll admit that Boochbeard was defeated, ( his head was bobbing around just like ours when we're defeated ) he required our assistance to leave the Erebus and then to steer his ship. So beautiful hypothesis, warriorscreed, but it doesn't pan out.

Esperanza Devereaux salutes you
what about rooke? so your telling me he got his butt kicked twice then he exploded in a fire ball equivalent to the death star explosion and lived? wow he must be tough, and also they said we killed deacon. is that a lie to?

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
846
MistyDragon13 on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
Ah, thanks Hoodo Master! I did CR last summer on a 2-month prepaid membership and now I hardly remember it. Most of it is coming back now, since I have been side questing in order to raise my level a bit for Mooshu. (I am only in Khotan Skyway, about to go to the Cavern of Whispers)

But as to Boochbeard and Gandry being spies I still think it may be possible, but not probable. They seem to help you out quite a bit, so they couldn't really be evil. If they were evil I assume that tutorial tips would be given by Captain Avery and/or some of the other class trainers. They might be following you around just to keep an eye out for the pirate they rescued.
I like phule, he let me have his hat

Ensign
Oct 28, 2013
39
warriorscreed on Jun 13, 2014 wrote:
Well, here's my conspiracy theory. What if Boochbeard and Gandry are in cohorts with the ARMADA as spies!? Think of it this way. Boochbeard and Gandry have been at pretty big events in the storyline. They were at our big fight with Tyson, and when we released Catbeard from prison! They are relaying our position and status to Kane to help him along to try and defeat us! During our character selection, if you select mutiny as your parents' death, Gandry says this phrase: "You can trust us......of course." That sentence was said misleadingly or deceptively. Then, when we found out Deacon was on the Erebus, Gandry and Boochbeard act surprised, but shouldn't they have known if an Armada ELITE was on the ship!? When we are on the Erebus, after defeating the Armada soldiers, Deacon fires his sparkgun into a bunch of black powder, blowing it up in Boochbeard's face! That ALONE should have killed ol' El Bucho and his monkey sidekick......but it didn't. That gun was aimed by a ROBOT, and it should have hit dead-on! My thought is Deacon purposefully missed to make it look realistic, but to not kill Boochbeard and Gandry! Now, from my secret headquarters in the boonies of Kansas, I can hear you yelling into your computer screen saying: "WARRIORSCREED!? WHAT IN BLAZES ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!" Think about this slowly.......and let the influx of approvals, disapprovals, rants, cheers, etc. pour in!
dontfeedthe trolls

Lieutenant
May 19, 2013
104
i want something like that to happen! i though though that maybe it could be some of our crew members. i have to agree with your theory and why would they rescue us? i think i have an answer, when they rescue us one of the first things they say is " is he/she the one?" maybe they knew what potential our character has and rescues us just so we can do the dirty work and collect some map peices and maybe avery's in it too after all boochbeard said they were friends when they start to talk about the island and maybe theres a twist and what do u know they betray us and take over all of the spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5494
sparticus32 on Jun 18, 2014 wrote:
what about rooke? so your telling me he got his butt kicked twice then he exploded in a fire ball equivalent to the death star explosion and lived? wow he must be tough, and also they said we killed deacon. is that a lie to?
I don't believe in a villain's death unless I see the body, or until it's confirmed by an irate Elite
Rooke: You destroyed my brother, Deacon, I would have said that's impossible...

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1189
The Hoodoo Master on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
In Fort Elena,Phule assures us that the Armada knows we are in Cool Ranch,and Deacon saw us when he was with English Bill.They already knew where we were and what we were doing.
Though,how do they know our every movement?Especially now that we ripped apart their Spymaster?

You can no doubt predict the old cat's answer.
P.S.Thanks Jack for uploading this
P.P.S.Chrissy,you didn't welcome MistyDragon13 to the marauders.
Phule tells us that the Armada is keeping tabs on us, and at the same time lets slip that the Armada's surveillance is incomplete. So in Valencia, he creepily comments "aren't you supposed to be in Skull Island?"; in Port Regal: "Aren't you supposed to be in Cool Ranch?" So while the Armada has their information sources, they are far from perfect. In Cool Ranch, Deacon was surprised to see us on Boot Hill, and I think thoroughly ticked off since we completely ruined his plan, so much so that he withdraws rather than take a risk there. We do not get on Deacon's list of favorite people (not that he had one) after that episode.

After Deacon is destroyed, it may well be that their gathering of information takes a hit; we don't get hints any more that they are tracking us. Likely this is due to the demise of their spymaster, but also perhaps because they felt they didn't need to keep track of us. After all, they know we are looking for the map pieces too - confrontation at some point is inevitable. And besides, they have a War to run; seeking revenge on one wayward pirate would consume too much effort.

After our interference in Marleybone, now that is a different story. I have a queasy feeling they will expend some effort in tracking us down -- it didn't happen in Aquila, after all, they were still regrouping and trying to keep up the War in Marleybone. And getting sufficient information may have taken time, especially without Deacon there to lead the effort. But they have gold enough to pay for information, and we have made enough enemies for there to be those who would happily rat on us (especially with a little gold in their palm).

But one thing I am certain of - the informants are not Boochbeard and Gandry! Aside from the fact that they rescued us from certain death, can you imagine the Armada choosing to work with such a whimsical pair? I can't!