Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Anyone else playing this?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
Hello. My wife and I are Level 41 and enjoying spending time together here in the Spiral. However, except for the freebie area we never see anyone else. We got SO excited today to see someone doing the dungeon we just left that we decided to go back in with them just to do something with someone else. My name in game is Honest Nikita Hawkins. Please look us up. We love playing Pirates just not alone.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
HonestNikita on Mar 14, 2014 wrote:
Hello. My wife and I are Level 41 and enjoying spending time together here in the Spiral. However, except for the freebie area we never see anyone else. We got SO excited today to see someone doing the dungeon we just left that we decided to go back in with them just to do something with someone else. My name in game is Honest Nikita Hawkins. Please look us up. We love playing Pirates just not alone.
Hello Honest Nikita & Spouse, welcome to the message boards. I would love to play with you guys too. There is a party coming up this month, we are finalizing the date now but the tentative date is the 28th. Just look for the details on this thread. This way you can meet a bunch of us at once and friend away.

If you wish to meet sooner just let us know and set a date and time and place to connect. Just pick a day a couple of days from the day you are posting to allow for moderation time and state the time of day, including am or pm and your time zone. Then state a specific place and realm. For example: Avery's court, by the fountain in Vadima realm.
Then we can find you and connect.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
There is always someone in p101 everyday, even at the most wired time. So have you checked the realms you guys where in? The one that always has the most people, is Avery.

Ensign
Sep 05, 2010
I feel the same way! Maybe because I as an adult, can play somtimes doing the day or later in the evening but rarely ever see anyone else.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like teaming with others too, and have spent some time in search of teams. It never seems the same or as fun to me to go in solo. Wizard 101 introduced a dungeon "Team Up" feature this week, so you can join up with anyone in any realm that also wants to team up for that dungeon. I hope that Pirate101 will add this feature to the game too. Until they do, I have better luck finding people in crowded and normal realms and especially during the after school hours for North America, and on the weekends. I expect things to get much more busy whenever the next expansion is added, it usually does. Some people have max leveled their pirates and may be waiting to quest when the xp will count for them again.
You could always post a meet up time and place on the boards for a questing party. If you do, be specific on where to meet, name a realm that is not likely to be full, and give the time and time zone (so those in different time zones don't show up an hour early or late).

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Welcome to the message boards Nikita! If you want help, just ask on the message boards!

First Mate
May 01, 2012
You don't mention which Realm you are playing in. You can get the Realm selection screen by pressing ctrl-m (control m - pressed at the same time). From here you can see which Realm you are in. If you want the maximum number of people to play with, I suggest Realm Avery. If Ream Avery is Full, then the one below that one.

Another problem might be the time of day you are playing. On the East Coast, I believe the best time would be right after school lets out through late evening (approx. 4:00 pm to 11 pm EDT) . West Coast can extend that by about 3 hours and that will take in most of the US.

Don't expect crowds except in the Skull Island area where the Free to Play areas are since it sounds like you are over half way to Aquila, which is the last world so far until the next major update is applied.

Developer
Wizard 101 introduced a dungeon "Team Up" feature this week, so you can join up with anyone in any realm that also wants to team up for that dungeon. I hope that Pirate101 will add this feature to the game too.

I hope so, too!

Ensign
Jun 26, 2013
Sorry for the horribly delayed response. My wife and I were in another game grinding it really hard. Amazingly, we did not realize that you could change realms after character creation. That would explain why we felt like we were in a ghost server. Hope to see more of you all in game! I wish they could get guild/clan/etc stuff together. Or other user connect options rather than random invites. I enjoy playing with others. However, I do not enjoy trying to beat a boss with someones 8 year old kid playing on mommies account and ruining my game. Perhaps an adult server where only adult are able to go to would be an option?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
HonestNikita on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Sorry for the horribly delayed response. My wife and I were in another game grinding it really hard. Amazingly, we did not realize that you could change realms after character creation. That would explain why we felt like we were in a ghost server. Hope to see more of you all in game! I wish they could get guild/clan/etc stuff together. Or other user connect options rather than random invites. I enjoy playing with others. However, I do not enjoy trying to beat a boss with someones 8 year old kid playing on mommies account and ruining my game. Perhaps an adult server where only adult are able to go to would be an option?
Hmmm, what an intriguing idea. A server based on your account age. I think I really like that. Then I would not have to always ask if someone has open chat and taylor my responses to limited chat until I know. That sounds really neat. I am not sure if it is even possible but it really would be a refreshing change. Not that I would be neglecting the other players at all, they are fun to play with, just for a change mind you.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Welcome to the messageboards, nikita! I'm robert, we are glad to have you! I and by the way i would love to play with you guys! look for me in the game, I am fearless robert spencer, level 65 swashbuckler. Happy sailing!

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Well, a adult server may make some littler kids feel left out, just saying

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I always choose the busiest realm to play in which would be Avery. I play everyday at all hours of the day and night, depending on my schedule that day. I almost always see lots of people playing except on the days I play at 3 or 4 in the morning. I have noticed lots of new pirates running around lately. Whether they are people who are new to the game or are people who are starting a new pirate after maxing their others I don't know, but they're out there. Also, if you are just rushing through an area you may not actually see all the players there because sometimes it takes several seconds for everything to load. Many who play this game bounce back and forth between it and Wizard101 depending on what is going on in either game at that time. (updates, new mounts etc.) I have 5 pirates and each has a friends list that is almost full and contains only active players so I know that there are at least 500 people playing the game lol. A lot of people max their pirate and then may spend a little less time playing until a new world comes along. When the new worlds come...trust me...you won't be lonely. I am very famous in this game (at least in my own mind ) and would love to add a couple of new friends to my already crowded friends list. Wicked Erin, Red India, Dark Destiny, Merciless Molly and Reckless Rylee would all love to make your acquaintance.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
I have pillaged and plundered with many an 8 year old pirate, yarr! One of my best friends is a 10 year old and actually showed me things about the game that I didn't know. If you doubt the prowess of my little buddy...I'm sure he would be more than happy to provide an example in the Brawlin' Hall.