Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Any Stargate fans on pirate?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I've been enjoying reruns of the Stargate series. Are there others? Have you noticed any Stargate references? There is one very noticeable one on every world in pirate's Spiral. Have you looked at the transportalator? It is so Stargate.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I'm kind of surprised there don't seem to be any. If they ever add a new part of Krokotopia, for pirates to visit, that would be a great place for some Stargate references. I think Rodney, from Stargate Atlantis would be a good model for a Marleybonian scientist. If Wizard visits a Giza type area, I hope pirates get to see somewhere like Luxor and the Valley of the Kings.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
I've been enjoying reruns of the Stargate series. Are there others? Have you noticed any Stargate references? There is one very noticeable one on every world in pirate's Spiral. Have you looked at the transportalator? It is so Stargate.
Well, there you go. They said it on KingsIsle Live... Go Stargate!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 26, 2018 wrote:
Well, there you go. They said it on KingsIsle Live... Go Stargate!
Oh no! I missed it. I'll have to check it when it goes up on Youtube. And, COOL! Been watching the re-runs on Comet channel. Had to love the funny episodes like "The other guys", appearances by Star Trek actors, and the Goa'uld with the bat'leth on the wall of weapons. Col. O'Neil kept wanting to name their spaceship the Enterprise, and everyone said, "NO."

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jan 26, 2018 wrote:
Oh no! I missed it. I'll have to check it when it goes up on Youtube. And, COOL! Been watching the re-runs on Comet channel. Had to love the funny episodes like "The other guys", appearances by Star Trek actors, and the Goa'uld with the bat'leth on the wall of weapons. Col. O'Neil kept wanting to name their spaceship the Enterprise, and everyone said, "NO."
Hehe!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Thanks for the heads up. YES! Falmea wants more Stargate references! And I noticed One- eyed Jack mentioned you, in your ship, Helpful Aurora Parker, during KI Live! I think the other Stargate reference Falmea and Decieus mentioned in passing has to do with names. Hadn't mentioned it before, here, cause it's in Wiz, but Celestia and Avalon came up in Stargate, related to the Ancients. Also, those Celestians in Wiz remind me of Thor and his friends in Stargate, just a bit taller though.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. YES! Falmea wants more Stargate references! And I noticed One- eyed Jack mentioned you, in your ship, Helpful Aurora Parker, during KI Live! I think the other Stargate reference Falmea and Decieus mentioned in passing has to do with names. Hadn't mentioned it before, here, cause it's in Wiz, but Celestia and Avalon came up in Stargate, related to the Ancients. Also, those Celestians in Wiz remind me of Thor and his friends in Stargate, just a bit taller though.
LOL! Yes, he did mention me when I asked where he was, LOL. He also mentioned me when he was calling out all the different Pirates that were gathered together at Skull Mountain. Hehe - sharp eyes (and ears)!

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Calamity Finch on Jan 26, 2018 wrote:
Did you catch the line in the first season about the possibility of having to "MacGyver" their way home if they get stuck, since the actor who played Col. O'Neil also played the original MacGyver.

But yes, In pirates, the transportalators, and their Krokotopian keepers are the main Stargate references I've seen. I can't think of any others really.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
CdeWinter on Jan 29, 2018 wrote:
Did you catch the line in the first season about the possibility of having to "MacGyver" their way home if they get stuck, since the actor who played Col. O'Neil also played the original MacGyver.

But yes, In pirates, the transportalators, and their Krokotopian keepers are the main Stargate references I've seen. I can't think of any others really.
Yes, I did catch that one, and loved it. There aren't many references, YET, but the ones that are, are kind of so big and present in game, you don't notice them much, transportalator, Avalon, and Celestia. You had to get pretty far into Stargate seasons for those places to get mentioned. With all the Arthurian stuff in Avalon, it fits. Which I guess would make Ambrose an Ancient. It is not nearly as noticeable as the Firefly stuff in pirate, which was also great. Loved those Captain Reynolds quests. Would love him on my crew.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Over on the Firefly thread, Helpful Aurora Parker suggested that Sgt. Shepherd could be a reference to Shepherd Book. That made me think of Col. John Sheppard on "Stargate: Atlantis".

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
Over on the Firefly thread, Helpful Aurora Parker suggested that Sgt. Shepherd could be a reference to Shepherd Book. That made me think of Col. John Sheppard on "Stargate: Atlantis".
Hmm... Who knows?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I hope that if they ever add Krokotopia to Pirate, there would be a bunch of Stargate references.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I've been checking out Stargate Universe lately. It's been funny to see familiar actors from shows like "Agents of Shield", "Scorpion", "Once Upon a Time", "Longmire", and "SWAT" in there. It certainly seems to be the darkest feeling Stargate.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on May 8, 2018 wrote:
I've been checking out Stargate Universe lately. It's been funny to see familiar actors from shows like "Agents of Shield", "Scorpion", "Once Upon a Time", "Longmire", and "SWAT" in there. It certainly seems to be the darkest feeling Stargate.
My goodness, when I saw Melinda May from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in some of the Stargate pictures (Ming-Na Wen), I couldn't believe it! Were there any other actors from there?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on May 9, 2018 wrote:
My goodness, when I saw Melinda May from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in some of the Stargate pictures (Ming-Na Wen), I couldn't believe it! Were there any other actors from there?
I haven't spotted any others from "S.H.I.E.L.D.", but I haven't done a search looking for people who may have held smaller roles in either series, so I can't rule it out. I can say that the Stargate shows are good places to look for actors you've seen in other series. The actor who played Dr Phlox, in "Enterprise", was also in "Stargate SG1", in a funny episode, and one of the stars from "Firefly" and "Serenity", was a main cast member on "Stargate; Atlantis". It's not sci fi, but an amazing number of people, both stars, and ones who later became stars, have been in "ER", including Ming-Na Wen, as one of the med students, and in later seasons one of the regular doctors. Ewan McGregor (Star Wars I-III etc.) also appeared in a small role in ER.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Falmea likes Stargate. How cool would it be, if they added an upriver area of Krokotopia to pirate, filled with Stargate references, not to mention reed boats, giant statues and tombs by the riverbank, and hey, (why not?) Petra (at least the outside) from" Indiana Jones and Last Crusade"? I do know pirates get to see the inside of a crusader's cavern. Petra would make a very cool setting for a village in this game, brought back to life with it's water channels functioning.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Do you think they are working on something Krok and Stargate related right now, from KI Live off-hand comments? The big question is, if they are, is it for Wiz or Pirate? I hope Pirate, because Wiz already has part of Krokotopia, and some of our pirates are from there too.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If our pirates get to go to Krokotopia, and also get a new crewman, might he be large, and say, "Indeed,", when he gets to speak?
Bonnie Anne: "That krok sure thinks Highly of himself, doesn't he?"
New crewman: "Indeed."