any doctor who fans here?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
come on, us whovians need to unite! if any of my fellow whovians are out there, I would love to hear what episode and or doctor was your favorite, and which doctor and or episode you didn't like. I loved the tenth doctor, and my favorite episode is tied between the end of time parts one and two and the day of the doctor.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9075
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:
come on, us whovians need to unite! if any of my fellow whovians are out there, I would love to hear what episode and or doctor was your favorite, and which doctor and or episode you didn't like. I loved the tenth doctor, and my favorite episode is tied between the end of time parts one and two and the day of the doctor.
My favorite Doctor, is and always will be, Tom Baker. As for favorite episodes? The ones with the Daleks.

Ensign
Aug 26, 2016
10
Me! I haven't watched any episodes in a while (Am going too soon) but it's still one of my favorite TV shows. My favorite doctor is the Fourth, and I feel like I haven't watched enough episodes to have a favorite.

Ensign
Aug 12, 2010
3
My favorite Doctor was David Tennant and the episode was "Blink". Love the Weeping Angels.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
242
DR Who RuLeS -----

I own every episode available / sadly there are about 20 some off ones from what back when of the original First Dr who that were lost and not available anywhere.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6211
Hmmm, Toss up between Blink and Are You My Mommy?

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
I am glad I am not the only one! my least favorite episode(s) were the pandorica opens/the big bang. I didn't understand either of those episodes, but they were still enjoyable. I seriously didn't understand any part of it. my second favorite doctor is the eleventh. he's crazy, but funny. my third favorite doctor is the 9th, even though I only saw one episode with him so far. not to be rude to any capaldi fans, but the 12th or 13th (13 if you count the war doctor, 14 if you count ten's aborted regeneration in the stolen earth i think) i havent seen much of capaldi, only world and enough time and the doctor falls, and that one episode in the ten era. my favorite companion is tied between rose tyler and clara Oswald.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1113
Most folks seem to love their first Doctor the best. Mine was Pertwee, but I prefer Tom Baker. I feel sorry for both Sylvester McCoy and Colin Baker, as their scripts weren't much to write home about.

I'm behind on the more recent Doctors. Maybe I should spend less time play KI games and more time watching Doctor Who....

Ensign
Aug 26, 2016
10
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:
Most folks seem to love their first Doctor the best. Mine was Pertwee, but I prefer Tom Baker. I feel sorry for both Sylvester McCoy and Colin Baker, as their scripts weren't much to write home about.

I'm behind on the more recent Doctors. Maybe I should spend less time play KI games and more time watching Doctor Who....
Why not play KI games and watch Doctor who at the same time?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1345
pleasantgirl on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:
My favorite Doctor was David Tennant and the episode was "Blink". Love the Weeping Angels.
Welcome to the Message Boards, Pleasantgirl!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
From all the Donna Nobles and David Tennants running around, I'd say there are a fair number of Whovians in game, and given the B.O.X.E.S. quest on Wizard, perhaps at KI too. Favorite Doctor? That's tough, either 4, 10, or 11. I think maybe Day of the Doctor, it was epic and had them all, but there are so many good ones. Or to be weird, Image of the Fendahl. Tuned in to a channel expecting to see something of a history drama or maybe a British mystery. It seemed to be that, entering during the middle of the show, set in a British country house, looking for missing people, then suddenly shotgunning giant leach monsters! WHAT IS THIS? Worst episode, Colin Baker's first, that was a tough start to overcome. Funny moment, First Doctor's the Chase, the Brity New Yorkers at the Empire State Building. And Hey, I liked Sylvester. Time and tide melts the snowman, Allons y!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
TimeFairy on Sep 10, 2017 wrote:
Why not play KI games and watch Doctor who at the same time?
I do that! I do all the time, in fact! :P

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9075
Calamity Finch on Sep 11, 2017 wrote:
From all the Donna Nobles and David Tennants running around, I'd say there are a fair number of Whovians in game, and given the B.O.X.E.S. quest on Wizard, perhaps at KI too. Favorite Doctor? That's tough, either 4, 10, or 11. I think maybe Day of the Doctor, it was epic and had them all, but there are so many good ones. Or to be weird, Image of the Fendahl. Tuned in to a channel expecting to see something of a history drama or maybe a British mystery. It seemed to be that, entering during the middle of the show, set in a British country house, looking for missing people, then suddenly shotgunning giant leach monsters! WHAT IS THIS? Worst episode, Colin Baker's first, that was a tough start to overcome. Funny moment, First Doctor's the Chase, the Brity New Yorkers at the Empire State Building. And Hey, I liked Sylvester. Time and tide melts the snowman, Allons y!
"Day of the Doctor"! Oh, man, I remember that one! That's a very good choice! I"mage of the Fendahl" - also good ( I like weird ).
My worst choice for episodes? I don't remember the title but it had giant wasp creatures that laid their eggs in the still-living, comatose bodies of the people in a space station ( ugh, shudder )!

Ensign
Sep 04, 2017
10
I loved Matt Smith; he's like a mixture of Wheatley and Rick Sanchez, only less cynical than the latter. In real life, Smith is really like that - which leads me to believe a lot of his scenes started out as improv. Similar to Batman's battle with himself, you can also see him go through a progressive depression throughout his era, with The Snowmen being the breaking point. Also like the Caped Crusader, he hides his inner demons with a charismatic and optimistic facade.

The best episode is most certainly Vincent and the Doctor. It portrays Vincent as a misunderstood maverick suffering from insomnia and depression, which is something we can all relate with to some extent. The scene at the end where he finally feels happiness and nothing but is both beautiful and tear-jerking, because you're then reminded that he still took his own life. A close second would be The Lodger, the episode right after. There's no scene from it that isn't pure comedic gold, and it was a welcomed deviation from such a dark episode as the one mentioned prior. I think season 5 was the strongest overall, because the worst any episode got was just a comfortable mediocre. Meanwhile, episodes like The Doctor's Daughter and Love & Monsters should be a rant of their own.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
Subata Bugeisha on Sep 13, 2017 wrote:
I loved Matt Smith; he's like a mixture of Wheatley and Rick Sanchez, only less cynical than the latter. In real life, Smith is really like that - which leads me to believe a lot of his scenes started out as improv. Similar to Batman's battle with himself, you can also see him go through a progressive depression throughout his era, with The Snowmen being the breaking point. Also like the Caped Crusader, he hides his inner demons with a charismatic and optimistic facade.

The best episode is most certainly Vincent and the Doctor. It portrays Vincent as a misunderstood maverick suffering from insomnia and depression, which is something we can all relate with to some extent. The scene at the end where he finally feels happiness and nothing but is both beautiful and tear-jerking, because you're then reminded that he still took his own life. A close second would be The Lodger, the episode right after. There's no scene from it that isn't pure comedic gold, and it was a welcomed deviation from such a dark episode as the one mentioned prior. I think season 5 was the strongest overall, because the worst any episode got was just a comfortable mediocre. Meanwhile, episodes like The Doctor's Daughter and Love & Monsters should be a rant of their own.
I love matt smith as well! he's funny, charming, sometimes his scenes make me say "What?", but he hides his progressive depression, like you said, the snowmen is the point when it snaps, like a twig. I haven't seen the snowmen, but I will have to see if I have it recorded.

the most tear jerking episode, in my opinion, is doomsday, the last episode of the second season. I wont give any spoilers for people who haven't seen it, but I would suggest grabbing tissues before the end. its one of my favorites.

the most creepy episode, has to be the crimson horror. I liked it, (most cause I like creepy stuff sometimes, depends on what its about) and the doctor doesn't come on for a bit, so the first bit of the episode is focused on vastra, strax, and jenny.

ill actually give a list of all my favorite episodes.

(anecorbie, unless your talking about old episodes, I think there was a episode called (the unicorn and the wasp))

1: smith and jones. (tenth era)

2: the eleventh hour. (eleventh era)

3: doomsday all the way. (ten era)

4: the crimson horror. (eleventh era)

5: that's a tough one, probably........ rose. (nine era)

6: the day of the doctor. (eleventh era, but it has the war and tenth doctors)

7: the end of time. its just really really really sad at the end, but the part where the planet came back, I didn't understand. I would suggest grabbing tissues for the end of this episode. (end of ten era, start of eleventh era)

that is my list! (probably part of it XD)

allonsy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9075
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 14, 2017 wrote:
I love matt smith as well! he's funny, charming, sometimes his scenes make me say "What?", but he hides his progressive depression, like you said, the snowmen is the point when it snaps, like a twig. I haven't seen the snowmen, but I will have to see if I have it recorded.

the most tear jerking episode, in my opinion, is doomsday, the last episode of the second season. I wont give any spoilers for people who haven't seen it, but I would suggest grabbing tissues before the end. its one of my favorites.

the most creepy episode, has to be the crimson horror. I liked it, (most cause I like creepy stuff sometimes, depends on what its about) and the doctor doesn't come on for a bit, so the first bit of the episode is focused on vastra, strax, and jenny.

ill actually give a list of all my favorite episodes.

(anecorbie, unless your talking about old episodes, I think there was a episode called (the unicorn and the wasp))

1: smith and jones. (tenth era)

2: the eleventh hour. (eleventh era)

3: doomsday all the way. (ten era)

4: the crimson horror. (eleventh era)

5: that's a tough one, probably........ rose. (nine era)

6: the day of the doctor. (eleventh era, but it has the war and tenth doctors)

7: the end of time. its just really really really sad at the end, but the part where the planet came back, I didn't understand. I would suggest grabbing tissues for the end of this episode. (end of ten era, start of eleventh era)

that is my list! (probably part of it XD)

allonsy!
The wasp one I'm talking about is a Tom Baker Dr. Who; so it's an old episode.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
anecorbie on Sep 11, 2017 wrote:
"Day of the Doctor"! Oh, man, I remember that one! That's a very good choice! I"mage of the Fendahl" - also good ( I like weird ).
My worst choice for episodes? I don't remember the title but it had giant wasp creatures that laid their eggs in the still-living, comatose bodies of the people in a space station ( ugh, shudder )!
Maybe it was "the Ark in Space'", with the third Doctor, John Pertwee? Grey hair, Opera cape, and Companions Sarah Jane and Harry Sullivan?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9075
Calamity Finch on Sep 15, 2017 wrote:
Maybe it was "the Ark in Space'", with the third Doctor, John Pertwee? Grey hair, Opera cape, and Companions Sarah Jane and Harry Sullivan?
No, I don't think so. I began watching with Tom Baker, but then "backtracked" and found episodes of the previous doctors. I think his companion at that time was Leela ( ? ).

Ensign
Sep 04, 2017
10
Calamity Finch on Sep 15, 2017 wrote:
Maybe it was "the Ark in Space'", with the third Doctor, John Pertwee? Grey hair, Opera cape, and Companions Sarah Jane and Harry Sullivan?
Nope! The Ark in Space is one of the greatest masterpieces of the Tom Baker era.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9075
Subata Bugeisha on Sep 15, 2017 wrote:
Nope! The Ark in Space is one of the greatest masterpieces of the Tom Baker era.
Ahah! then that must be the one!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1622
I still remember finding Doctor Who on PBS back in 1981. Tom Baker was the Doctor and his companion was Leela -- the episode, The Robots of Death.

I was hooked, all the way through the Peter Davison era, but not after that next regeneration. Babies, etc., meant no time.

I didn't care for Christopher Eccleston, so I stopped watching the newer ones, but I kind of regret not watching the Matt Smith and David Tennant episodes with my son when he got into it. (Although David Tennant was also Barty Crouch, Jr. so that might be weird...)


Admiral
May 30, 2010
1113
TimeFairy on Sep 10, 2017 wrote:
Why not play KI games and watch Doctor who at the same time?
Because both are deserving of my full attention. I'd hate to miss an important plot point in either venture because I was all wrapped up in what was going on in the other thing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9075
I remember one Tom Baker Dr. episode: he's being held under guard. He strides into a room and everyone is covering him with a weapon, He says ( oh so nonchalantly ) "Don't worry, I won't hurt you."
Loved it!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1361
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2017 wrote:
Ahah! then that must be the one!
I must have been combining a couple different episodes, right plot and companions, but wrong Doctor.

Ensign
Sep 04, 2017
10
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2017 wrote:
Ahah! then that must be the one!
Fairly certain it is. To some,The Ark in Space was the defining feature of the show's reputation: a harborer of outlandish and strange monsters who are terrifying nonetheless.