Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Announcing the Yar Button!

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Attention Message Board pirates!

We have a new feature to announce here at Pirate101.com . . . the YAR button!

If you like a post or just want to say thanks to someone for making a helpful post, please push the Yar button at the bottom of the message to "Like it" like a pirate, YAR!

A post's "yar" count will display in the top right hand corner of a post, and you can even check to see how many times a person has received a hearty "yar" for their helpful comments.

Try it out and let us know what you think.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
i think its a great idea, i have posted a lot of stuff and wondered if people agreed to it or not now i will be able to know! thx a bunch guys!

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:

If you like a post or just want to say thanks to someone for making a helpful post, please push the Yar button at the bottom of the message to "Like it" like a pirate, YAR!

A post's "yar" count will display in the top right hand corner of a post, and you can even check to see how many times a person has received a hearty "yar" for their helpful comments.

Thanks!
this is so cool! thanks!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Not a bad feature. I like it. It encourages positive approach to posts and ideas.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 11, 2013 wrote:

Thanks!
Quick question Jack: Will there be a way to keep track of our own yar's and of seeing who yarred what? Just wandering and thank you to whoever thought this one up and set it into motion. It is great

Community Leader
I am Paige MoonShade and I Yar this message. Awesome.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Administrator
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
Quick question Jack: Will there be a way to keep track of our own yar's and of seeing who yarred what? Just wandering and thank you to whoever thought this one up and set it into motion. It is great
People will be able to see how many times they have been "yar'd" by clicking the "yar count" under a message board user's name in the left column, but you won't be able to tell exactly who has been giving you "yars" from that list. However, if you click the "Show Yar" history directly under a post that has been liked, it will show you who likes the post.

Developer
I wonder who will have more Yar!'s, Jack or Ratbeard?

Just remember who sets up the loot tables.

Community Leader
Not only you have introduced Yar button, but the Nar button too LOL! Now I'm confused though. I have to click Yar in order to say Nar? Or it's just Yes and "erase that Yar"? Now could you please introduce "Jar of Yum" count? I'd like to gift jars of yum to postworthy posts? :D!

Thanks!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Community Leader
If you click Nar after you Click Yar, it just removes the Yar. Whoa that was allot of Yarring and Narring. I am going to have way to much fun with this. ;)

I agree, it will help promote positive feedback Thank you for the Yar button.

Owner of Paige's Page Perilous Paige. "Honorary Black Cat of the entire Pirate 101 Fleet"
Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
YAR!! Thanks for the awesome feature; it was cleverly thought out to have no 'Nar' button (as in the dislike - the unYar option is great!). It supports the "Say something nice or say nothing at all" teaching. Plus, it's a lot easier to Yar and get on with things instead of typing out an entire post saying that you agree or like a post.

Nonetheless, I do agree and like the post. (Viva los piratas!)

D.S. Devereaux

Community Leader
Kelsey Fireheart on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
AH so it was yer, Paige Moonshade, who stole my Yar?! :O I see you put it back.. But I'm gonna keep my eye on yer! Yar, my precious, yes my precious yar.. No one touches my precious.

PS: I have no clue why this was quoted... It's my Yar that's gone amuck I think. How do I "Unquote" this?

PPS: Just something I noticed. When I post about this trend in Facebook, the thumbnails show a Wizard101 icon or your avatar, One Eyed Jack. Why Wizard101? It should show Pirate101?
AH so it was yer, Paige Moonshade, who stole my Yar?! :O I see you put it back.. But I'm gonna keep my eye on yer! Yar, my precious, yes my precious yar.. No one touches my precious.

PS: I have no clue why this was quoted... It's my Yar that's gone amuck I think. How do I "Unquote" this?

PPS: Just something I noticed. When I post about this trend in Facebook, the thumbnails show a Wizard101 icon or your avatar, One Eyed Jack. Why Wizard101? It should show Pirate101?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Administrator
Ratbeard on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:

Neither . . . Blind Mew wins in a land slide vote!

Administrator

My guess it was quoted because you used the quote button to reply to the thread instead of the blue Post Reply button at the bottom of the page, and unfortunately we lack a way to "unquote."

The Wizard101 icon is troublesome for us as well. Although it's not ideal, you can opt to not display an image when linking.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

Don't forget Blind Mew and Donkey Hotay, too.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
My guess it was quoted because you used the quote button to reply to the thread instead of the blue Post Reply button at the bottom of the page, and unfortunately we lack a way to "unquote."

The Wizard101 icon is troublesome for us as well. Although it's not ideal, you can opt to not display an image when linking.
Just a thought, maybe you should try putting a P101 icon next to the W101 on the bottom of the page since FB might choose W101 logo since it's the first "unattached" picture it can use.

Ah, then we do need a "unquote" just in case :(

Bottles of Yum All Around! (we do need a Yum symbol so we can insert in the message)

Community Leader

It's a bit strange to me that you set up the loot tables to give away stuff when you in-game gripe about letting go of gold piles and loot LOL! You seem happier when you have it all to yourself Guess we did a good job reforming you.

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009

YAR YAR

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
Neither . . . Blind Mew wins in a land slide vote!
Lol Well, You know, Blind Mew feeds us game food for thought!

Got love those tokens Blind Mew drops in our curious coffers!

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
I wonder... If the loot tables dropped good loot probably +5% more; would that individual who raised the loot tables have enough yars to set up a YAR'd Sale? XD

Administrator
Just a thought, maybe you should try putting a P101 icon next to the W101 on the bottom of the page since FB might choose W101 logo since it's the first "unattached" picture it can use.

Ah, then we do need a "unquote" just in case :(

Bottles of Yum All Around! (we do need a Yum symbol so we can insert in the message)
I'll make sure to forward your suggestions to our web developers.

Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Xiriganism on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
I wonder... If the loot tables dropped good loot probably +5% more; would that individual who raised the loot tables have enough yars to set up a YAR'd Sale? XD
Oh my goodness LMTO ( the T stands for Tush ). You guys crack me up. I am giggling so loud my Sis and Bro in law think I have lost it . Very Good RyandoWave. Very giggle worthy pun. x still laughing x . x Hands Goodie Bag for making me laugh so hard x .

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
I'm having a YARR fest I just Yarr everyone like Jack You should try it * hint hint * LOL im kidding ( about the hint hint )