Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Ana-gra(ha)m Crackers!?!?

1
AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Ahoy there fine folks of the Spiral and the Message Boards. After carefully consulting my outer self I thought it may be high-time, and fun, to do some cracking of anagrams. First off, let me apologize if you clicked on this thread thinking it was about someone named Ana, giving away graham crackers...I had to lure you in some how!

Here's my first group of anagrams for you all to try to decipher...aka, make some kind of sense of. Some will be silly...some will be down right preposterous...some may even make sense (eh, sort of)-- all will relate to a companion. Each of these five anagrams are made from the in-game companion descriptions upon their final promotions, as seen in our companion rosters. For example...'Kobe Yojimbo, Samoorai Lord' would be scrambled up to produce the anagram. Whoever can get all five right, will get some graham crackers from someone named Ana! (But it will be presented in the form of a yar, here on the boards! Mmmmm, yarrrr greeeeaaattt!!)

So here we go...actual anagram is in bold and underscored.

Anagram for companion #1~ "Oh Nixon! 'N elf behind Reagan!!!" (...next to the Water and Gate!)
Anagram for companion #2~ "Liar Brad! Tater Drama!!" (Spuds are always stirring up some trouble!)
Anagram for companion #3~ "E-rent, Doom: Koala Chimps" (Don't monkey around-- download a copy today!)
Anagram for companion #4~ "Tim, prepare true canned quail!" (Mmmm, nothing like canned game birds!)
Anagram for companion #5~ "Th' ABBA treats me ears!" (Grab your Disco Toad and let the fro, flow!)

So that's it for this go around. Just unscramble the bold, underscored letters and discover one of our Spiral companions. Upper/lowercase doesn't mean anything, nor does punctuation-- just the letters. If any of them prove to be a bit difficult I'll post some hints after a bit. And I'll add some more, as well. Feel free to add any that you guys can come up with.

Thanks for guessing and good luck!

NOTE~ I think this may be something that is right up OEJ's, Ratbeard's and Decius's alleys...so any of you KI crew feel free to take a crack at it. Just don't let it distract you at work!!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
293
Anne and I (I and Anne?) worked on these together, Mr. I’m-so-clever Valkoor. May I have the envelope please? Thank you. Some of the winners - er - answers are…

El Toro – Masked Champion (#3~ E-rent, Doom: Koala Chimps)
Peter Quint – Pelican Marauder (#4~ Tim, prepare true canned quail )
Baar – The Beast Master (#5~ Th' ABBA treats me ears)

So make an appointment to send this Ana around with our crackers. Have your people talk to my people. They’ll fight, make friends, eat all the crackers. I guess yars will have to do. Sigh.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
... and now for my two cents. You had Sam and me laughing hysterically as we came up with ridiculous combinations of our own. For the remainder:

'Oh Nixon, n' elf behind Reagan' = Bonnie Anne, Fox Highlander

'Liar Brad! Tater Drama' (gosh, you never know what those potatoes will do I suppose) = Ratbeard, Rat Admiral


Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Perhaps the glorious anagram has lost its once-prominent place in modern society. For the mighty anagram used to stand tall among even the most beloved of toys and treasures. [Note to self-- U, R rambling again]

So, maybe I made that first batch of crackers a bit too dry (or difficult?), or maybe more time is needed to ponder the play-on-letters puzzles. So, I will give a couple of hints.

#1~ Oh Nixon! 'N elf behind Reagan
(Clue- People are always wondering, just what does this companion say?)
#2~ Liar Brad! Tater Drama!!
(Clue- This companion likes to hang out, preferably inverted, at some of the local hot spots!)
#3~ E-rent, Doom: Koala Chimps
(Clue- A firm believer in good oral hygiene...this companion most certainly is!)
#4~ Tim, prepare true canned quail!
(Clue- "Chief..you know the thing about this companion's eyes..he's got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes...")
#5~ Th' ABBA treats me ears!
(Clue- This 'little fella' likes to weasel his way out of the most precarious predicaments.)

So there are your hints for the 1st five Companion Anagrams. Ooh...Companagrams! [OEJ, trademark that for me, would ye?]And here's a bonus hint that may help with the jumbled up mess. Try to pick out an uncommon letter...or lesser used letter appearing multiple times...and if all else fails-- use your math skills. Hello?? Anyone there?? Looks like I scared them away with the whole using math thingy. DRATS!!!

And here are a couple of new Companagrams, which also follow the "rules" of the first five. The answer to them can be found in your companion rosters or even the P101 wiki.

Companagram #6~ "Ten Kraken's Coils Tickle My Tiger" (Gotta love a good belly rub from a Sea Beast!!)
Companagram #7~ "Nice, caring Ogres..on a reindeer?" (Why, how thoughtful of them...)
Companagram #8~ "Hugh!! Hire kilt lawyer!" (Kilt Lawyers, defending Scottish knees since...forever! "They may take our kilts, but they will never take our FREEDOM!")

Good luck!!

EDIT- Congrats, Anne & Sam!!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Sam Underhill on Aug 7, 2016 wrote:
Anne and I (I and Anne?) worked on these together, Mr. I’m-so-clever Valkoor. May I have the envelope please? Thank you. Some of the winners - er - answers are…

El Toro – Masked Champion (#3~ E-rent, Doom: Koala Chimps)
Peter Quint – Pelican Marauder (#4~ Tim, prepare true canned quail )
Baar – The Beast Master (#5~ Th' ABBA treats me ears)

So make an appointment to send this Ana around with our crackers. Have your people talk to my people. They’ll fight, make friends, eat all the crackers. I guess yars will have to do. Sigh.
"BADDA BING, BADDA BOOM!!!

We have some winners here!! Nice job and great teamwork, Sam and Anne! I just knew you would be the someone(s) that would enjoy some good ol' detective work (and also appreciate the joy, and perhaps angst, that accompanies the awesome anagram!)

I can only imagine the fun you two had, rearranging the letters. Oh to be a fly on that wall! Just imagine the fun I had in trying to find 'workable phrases' made from our beloved companions. It's certainly not as easy as it may appear-- just take a look at my notebook!!

I know you guys had your hearts, and stomachs, set on some graham crackers...and I do apologize for the settling for the yars part. But if it's any consolation, they are toasted cheese flavored yars!!!

Oh, and if anyone named Ana does happen to show up with any kind of crackers...be it graham crackers, nutcrackers, cracker jacks, firecrackers, Cracker Barrel gift cards, parrots wanting crackers, thieves trying to crack safes, detectives looking to crack cases, Valkoors trying to crack jokes, or any other kind of 'crackers'-- I assure you both that I had nothing to do with it...any of it, I say!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
293
Alas for poor Ana. Her toasted cheese yars probably fell prey to some unscrupulous pirate (I'm looking at you Ratbeard - no don't act innocent with me).

Anyway the answers are as follows...

Monkey King, Celestial Trickster for #6 ~ Ten Kraken's Coils Tickle My Tiger
Gracie Conrad, Senior Engineer for #7 ~ Nice, caring Ogres.. on a reindeer?

and could it be

Hawkules, Mighty Hero for #8 ~ Hugh!! Hire kilt lawyer! ?? if you changed three letters (the I L R for M O S) - did Valkoor make a booboo? Did Sam & Anne not get the right answer? Inquiring minds want to know.

You know where the send the yars buster, I know for a fact you got a warehouse full of them.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Sam Underhill on Aug 8, 2016 wrote:
Alas for poor Ana. Her toasted cheese yars probably fell prey to some unscrupulous pirate (I'm looking at you Ratbeard - no don't act innocent with me).

Anyway the answers are as follows...

Monkey King, Celestial Trickster for #6 ~ Ten Kraken's Coils Tickle My Tiger
Gracie Conrad, Senior Engineer for #7 ~ Nice, caring Ogres.. on a reindeer?

and could it be

Hawkules, Mighty Hero for #8 ~ Hugh!! Hire kilt lawyer! ?? if you changed three letters (the I L R for M O S) - did Valkoor make a booboo? Did Sam & Anne not get the right answer? Inquiring minds want to know.

You know where the send the yars buster, I know for a fact you got a warehouse full of them.
YAHTZEE and Whoopsie!

Yeah, I must have accidentally morphed a couple companions prior to working on #8. It's not a pretty sight what I ended up with...morphing Hawkules with anything, that is! Plus I think it was just too hard to resist using kilt, lawyer and a Braveheart "quote" in the same anagram. I'm using my mulligan!!!

Actually, I just wanted to go to sleep while snickering at the thought of you and Anne sweating over just knowing you guys had it right, but somehow it was still wrong...yet it was rightly wrong to begin with, so you two were still right over not being wrong and therefore you were rightly so, in the right! And I also was right by clearly standing on the right side of being wrong, and furthermore was just flat out wrong...wait, is that right!?!?

Okay, okay...the Dunderhead must have rubbed off on ol' Valkoor. I'll have to give a bonus Companagram for dear Squawkules (and maybe up the anti a little bit).

Stay tuned...and I'll check my warehouse stock, when I can actually get in there. One of the twins changed the single digit combination and I'm at a loss trying to remember it! Be prepared though, should I ever get in there....shipping and handling costs have escalated due to increases in my own cost-of-spending expenses.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
Weell... I guess the 'glorious anagram' still stands tall... or at least pokes me late at night when I should really be trundling off to slumberland, So more companionagrams - to use Valkoor's new noun (and yes, the same rules as Valkoor established):

#1: strict plea, creed: "unruly sock in reef!" (I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I did like the unruly sock)

#2: Dari, brace Trade Act

And my favorite (because it makes a modicum of sense)

#3 Rose, use rail - see Mocha Star!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 9, 2016 wrote:
Weell... I guess the 'glorious anagram' still stands tall... or at least pokes me late at night when I should really be trundling off to slumberland, So more companionagrams - to use Valkoor's new noun (and yes, the same rules as Valkoor established):

#1: strict plea, creed: "unruly sock in reef!" (I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I did like the unruly sock)

#2: Dari, brace Trade Act

And my favorite (because it makes a modicum of sense)

#3 Rose, use rail - see Mocha Star!
Lol, Anne. You have no idea how many times the term 'unruly sock' has been used around my house. Socks flung through the air. Socks lost in the dryer. Socks not matching up at laundry folding time. Kid's dirty socks hidden under the couch and bed-- so dirty they stand up and walk right out the door while demanding equal rights! Yeah, unruly sock was a perfect addition to your 1st companagram.

Furthermore, about that sneaky #1. That actually had me tinkering and thinkering for a bit. I don't have that companion so even when I finally figured out the name I wasn't quite sure what the companion's subclass was. But knowing "what it was", I prevailed against all odds (and any unruly socks marching about!)

#1: Prince Yulefest, Nutcracker Soldier (strict plea, creed: "unruly sock in reef!")

#2: Catbeard, Cat Raider (Dari, brace Trade Act)

#3: Sarah Steele, Mouse Corsair (Rose, use rail - see Mocha Star!)
Isn't the Mocha Star the celestial object that was scooped up by the Big Dipper and then dipped in The Milky Way?

Awesome Anne-agrams, Anne! I had a blast trying to crack them.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
And now for my next batch of fresh baked Companagrams, still following the original rules.

#8: "J-judge old Mr. Mew culinary class...kk!"
(with the speaker possessing a slight stutter and 'kk' being textinese for okay or okay cool, of course)

#9: '...nor troops creating a cannon's outcries!'
(I believe that's an excerpt from one of Ratbeard's poems. 'Tis about blowin' up stuff!)

#10: "Uh...do common, oddball gnomes read?"
(Ahh...the age old question that has forever plagued mankind)

#11: "Banshie Mojo- Ski Inn, at Elk's Grip"
("Come to Elk's Grip and stay at the Banshie Mojo Ski Inn-- where the snow always drizzles and the mojo never fizzles!") ~ Ad slogan from Old Scratch's most recent business venture

#12: "A dagger for salmon. Crab veal-- stalk bib!"
(That's some big salmon! And some messy crab veal!)

And Sam, here's my patched up one for that squawking, "...son of a...." -- well, you know who.

#8: "I, Rhythm Owl, seek a hug!"
(One of the Bison Elders clearly needs something to brighten his day and get him dancing like an owl again)

That's it for this go 'round. But I think I may have some trickier types up my sleeve...hopefully soon!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 10, 2016 wrote:
And now for my next batch of fresh baked Companagrams, still following the original rules.

#8: "J-judge old Mr. Mew culinary class...kk!"
(with the speaker possessing a slight stutter and 'kk' being textinese for okay or okay cool, of course)

#9: '...nor troops creating a cannon's outcries!'
(I believe that's an excerpt from one of Ratbeard's poems. 'Tis about blowin' up stuff!)

#10: "Uh...do common, oddball gnomes read?"
(Ahh...the age old question that has forever plagued mankind)

#11: "Banshie Mojo- Ski Inn, at Elk's Grip"
("Come to Elk's Grip and stay at the Banshie Mojo Ski Inn-- where the snow always drizzles and the mojo never fizzles!") ~ Ad slogan from Old Scratch's most recent business venture

#12: "A dagger for salmon. Crab veal-- stalk bib!"
(That's some big salmon! And some messy crab veal!)

And Sam, here's my patched up one for that squawking, "...son of a...." -- well, you know who.

#8: "I, Rhythm Owl, seek a hug!"
(One of the Bison Elders clearly needs something to brighten his day and get him dancing like an owl again)

That's it for this go 'round. But I think I may have some trickier types up my sleeve...hopefully soon!
Valkoor, you're killing me! I spend an hour on one of those and got as far as Contessa Argento, Unicorn Co then I realized there wasn't another 'n'. I need much more practice with this sort of thing...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Fearless Finnagan on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
Valkoor, you're killing me! I spend an hour on one of those and got as far as Contessa Argento, Unicorn Co then I realized there wasn't another 'n'. I need much more practice with this sort of thing...
Lol, Finn! I do apologize for taking up so much of your time.

But good news...you're on the right track with #9 and you've got the right companion!!! You're so close but you may have missed one 'N' as you were solving it. If you look at #9 there are 5 'N's in the anagram-- 1 in 'nor', 1 in 'creating' and 3 in 'cannon's'. With what you've uncovered so far, you've only used 4 of them. So just grab that last little 'N' out of the anagram and you're all set. I think you may have just accidentally crosses out an extra 'N'. So congratulations...you solved #9 but you just had a little hiccup. And trust me, it's really easy to miss a letter or accidentally cross one off-- I've done it many, maaaaany times.

But great job on solving #9 and I think you did a fantastic job! Your graham cracker shaped and scented yar has been delivered!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
Valkoor are you a linguistic genius?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
293
Here are the latest that Anne and Sam have come up withLucky Jack Russell, Dog Windjammer for #8: "J-judge old Mr. Mew culinary class...kk!"

Contessa Argento, Unicorn Conspirator for #9: '...nor troops creating a cannon's outcries!'

Handsome Dan, Bulldog Commodore for #10: "Uh...do common, oddball gnomes read?"

Smoke Stalker, Ninja Pig Shinobi for #11: "Banshie Mojo - Ski Inn, at Elk's Grip"
Were you aware however, that Ninja Pigs have RANDOM names? Naughty and unfair!

Froggo Villa, Salamander Backstabber for #12: "A dagger for salmon. Crab veal-- stalk bib!"

Now here are a couple that Sam the amateur came up with.

"Same stern Boars! Jenga mitt!"
and
"Roe thinks... so Ben cheers. So may man."

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Sam Underhill on Aug 12, 2016 wrote:
Here are the latest that Anne and Sam have come up withLucky Jack Russell, Dog Windjammer for #8: "J-judge old Mr. Mew culinary class...kk!"

Contessa Argento, Unicorn Conspirator for #9: '...nor troops creating a cannon's outcries!'

Handsome Dan, Bulldog Commodore for #10: "Uh...do common, oddball gnomes read?"

Smoke Stalker, Ninja Pig Shinobi for #11: "Banshie Mojo - Ski Inn, at Elk's Grip"
Were you aware however, that Ninja Pigs have RANDOM names? Naughty and unfair!

Froggo Villa, Salamander Backstabber for #12: "A dagger for salmon. Crab veal-- stalk bib!"

Now here are a couple that Sam the amateur came up with.

"Same stern Boars! Jenga mitt!"
and
"Roe thinks... so Ben cheers. So may man."
'Were you aware however, that Ninja Pigs have RANDOM names? Naughty and unfair!'

Yesssss-- it worked!!

Hey...ninja pigs are a sneaky sort. And I did mention that it may get a bit tricky-er-er...as I fear you and Anne were starting to catch back up on sleep. They can't all be easy... Wait till I get to Level 36 where I start to use a quest's dialogue in it's entirety! What level are we on anyways?? Or when I start to put the anagrams in Swahili!

Sam, I kid...I kid. Simply fantastic job getting that last batch tamed. I knew you guys had it in you and I knew that the Piggy one would be a tad bit tougher. You guys rock the anagram, that's for sure!!

Hey.....wait just a flea pickin' minute!

"Same stern Boars! Jenga mitt!"...eh? Sam, if you're going to quote one of my ramblings, I must ask that you give proper credit. After my lawyers are done with the whole 'kilt' thingy, you may be getting a rap-rap on your door!

I'll post what I come up with, in case others would like to take a shot at it. And again, nice job to you both!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 11, 2016 wrote:
Valkoor are you a linguistic genius?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Why...why yes I am! I can do some pretty amazing things with that there pasta!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Okay Sam, I guess we have no other takers in this anagram madness. If they only knew that one day anagram creation and deconstruction may be the gold standard to which all of society is held to. Why I think in some countries you can already trade three anagrams and a shaved goat, for a small parcel of land and a smidgen of near-nobility. Ahhh, well....

So here I go with my answers to your fine Sam-agrams!

Jim Masterson, Bat Sergeant would be "Same stern Boars! Jenga mitt!" (That did get me to play a rousing game of Jenga this past week. Where could one purchase the mitt?)

The Marchioness, Monkey Baroness for "Roe thinks... so Ben cheers. So may man." (I'm just glad Wade and Franklin didn't get in on the act!)

Fine anagrams if I must say so myself! And here's me next three offerings (just enough to get yourself some land .....providing ye already got the goat...and the clippers!)

#13: "Royal doer!! Question Ms. Vadima's Nordic clog fervor." (Hey, no heresy here...there's absolutely no denying someone their passion for Nordic foot fashion?!)

#14: "I, gallant Mordekai, longs vibrant Ms. Finch." (Yes, even a rough and tough hammerhead deserves to find love in the Spiral! And he's not too macho to declare it! Needs to work on his English a bit, though...but hey, he's a brute!)

#15: "Dr. Romba and Ferocious Feline! Clap...or ROT!!!" (Seems that the billed-crusader, Dr. Romba, and his Kitty Wonder have fallen into the clutches of one truly sinister villain. Will they clap..or will they rot? Tune in tomorrow-- Same mole time! Same mole channel!)

I may be a bit slow on producing new ones-- classes are starting back up this week. Anagram101 will surely require my utmost attention.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1196
Okay, Valkoor, I guess we just can't resist the siren call of an anagram challenge - it's been fun!

So for #13: Royal doer! Question Ms. Vadima's Nordic clog fervor (actually, I thought it was dancing she was interested in, rather than footwear. You know, clog dancing? Though I have to tell you Valkoor, I actually own a pair of Nordic bunad shoes. Very pretty, and serves me well for 18th C. days too) Moresco de Valvida, Flying Monquistan Sorceror.

#14 I, gallant Mordecai, longs vibrant Ms. Finch (how sweet! if ungrammatical...) Chantal Livingston, Flamingo Marksbird

#15 Dr. Romba and Ferocious Feline, clap or rot (as Romba writes his own comic strip): Ridolfo Capoferro, Unicorn Blademaster (at least I think that is 'blademaster', Sam had the job of writing them down this time and I have trouble reading his scrawly handwriting...)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9325
This post makes me feel stupid, but I'm enjoying your efforts.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
anecorbie on Aug 17, 2016 wrote:
This post makes me feel stupid, but I'm enjoying your efforts.
Now, now Esperanza. There's absolutely no need to feel stupid.

Although...if one were to just casually peruse all the anagrams in this thread, that one most certainly may question the creator's intellectual capacity. Hey wait...that would be me (and let's not forget Sam & Anne's crazy contributions)! Like I was saying, it reads like a bit of hodgepodge blabbery, but it does make the ol' brain work a little bit. I've always enjoyed decoding stuff and solving problems/riddles, and such. And even more so, enjoyed creating things to be solved. It's kind of fun. It takes a special way of looking at things to create and solve anagrams, but one isn't smarter simply because they can do either or both. Sometimes patterns and letter combos/pairings just jump out easier to some people, versus others.

So I certainly think you would do just fine on both the creating and solving side of anagrams. What makes it fun is that the anagram doesn't have to make perfect sense, but there are so many hilarious phrases that you can come up that kind of make sense-- just from trying to create one.

So give it a try, I think you would do just fine.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1396
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy there fine folks of the Spiral and the Message Boards. After carefully consulting my outer self I thought it may be high-time, and fun, to do some cracking of anagrams. First off, let me apologize if you clicked on this thread thinking it was about someone named Ana, giving away graham crackers...I had to lure you in some how!

Here's my first group of anagrams for you all to try to decipher...aka, make some kind of sense of. Some will be silly...some will be down right preposterous...some may even make sense (eh, sort of)-- all will relate to a companion. Each of these five anagrams are made from the in-game companion descriptions upon their final promotions, as seen in our companion rosters. For example...'Kobe Yojimbo, Samoorai Lord' would be scrambled up to produce the anagram. Whoever can get all five right, will get some graham crackers from someone named Ana! (But it will be presented in the form of a yar, here on the boards! Mmmmm, yarrrr greeeeaaattt!!)

So here we go...actual anagram is in bold and underscored.

Anagram for companion #1~ "Oh Nixon! 'N elf behind Reagan!!!" (...next to the Water and Gate!)
Anagram for companion #2~ "Liar Brad! Tater Drama!!" (Spuds are always stirring up some trouble!)
Anagram for companion #3~ "E-rent, Doom: Koala Chimps" (Don't monkey around-- download a copy today!)
Anagram for companion #4~ "Tim, prepare true canned quail!" (Mmmm, nothing like canned game birds!)
Anagram for companion #5~ "Th' ABBA treats me ears!" (Grab your Disco Toad and let the fro, flow!)

So that's it for this go around. Just unscramble the bold, underscored letters and discover one of our Spiral companions. Upper/lowercase doesn't mean anything, nor does punctuation-- just the letters. If any of them prove to be a bit difficult I'll post some hints after a bit. And I'll add some more, as well. Feel free to add any that you guys can come up with.

Thanks for guessing and good luck!

NOTE~ I think this may be something that is right up OEJ's, Ratbeard's and Decius's alleys...so any of you KI crew feel free to take a crack at it. Just don't let it distract you at work!!
Sargent Tes con. o:
(I know, it should be sergeant.)

D. Tar Bear.

(The guy's name is Daniel Tar Bear!)

Eel St. Eh... ARA S.!

(I was just talking to Ara Simmons, who, apparently, ran away as I gave her the address to my party: Eel St.)

Loot Cap. B. D. Ain.

(Captain Bob David Ain should most definitely be looted. Hey, you're Pirates... some would say: "It's what we do!" Definite commercial for car and regular insurance [hint: gecko] pun intended. )

Dar. Arg! Rad con, IEC!

(Arrrgh! That Dar, he ran away. But I like the IEC's con... totally radical! The IEC, of course, stands for International Eagles Center. Zeena's there. The place is stationed in Illios (I think that's the place?), Aquila... there's a lot of room there, and that's where the camps are. Come visit; Zeena will welcome you. )

So yep, those are my Companagrams (some of them aren't Companions, however), so feel free to take a shot and see how many you catch. I made them pretty easy, mind you, so yay!

I apologize for not being on the Message Boards for so long; I've been busy playing the game itself!

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 60 Swashbuckler

(P.S. I wish I could put in Level 70 right now... )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9325
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
Now, now Esperanza. There's absolutely no need to feel stupid.

Although...if one were to just casually peruse all the anagrams in this thread, that one most certainly may question the creator's intellectual capacity. Hey wait...that would be me (and let's not forget Sam & Anne's crazy contributions)! Like I was saying, it reads like a bit of hodgepodge blabbery, but it does make the ol' brain work a little bit. I've always enjoyed decoding stuff and solving problems/riddles, and such. And even more so, enjoyed creating things to be solved. It's kind of fun. It takes a special way of looking at things to create and solve anagrams, but one isn't smarter simply because they can do either or both. Sometimes patterns and letter combos/pairings just jump out easier to some people, versus others.

So I certainly think you would do just fine on both the creating and solving side of anagrams. What makes it fun is that the anagram doesn't have to make perfect sense, but there are so many hilarious phrases that you can come up that kind of make sense-- just from trying to create one.

So give it a try, I think you would do just fine.
Oh, but I did! Remember waaay back when we were anticipating the opening of the Tower of Moo Manchu? And Ratbeard said he might join us? Someone asked his pirate's name and he jokingly replied that he was "El Bandito Incognito". Then I said it sounded like an anagram and it took me about a week but all I could come up with was "Conditional Ebon Git". Lol, anagrams are just not my talent.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Helpful Aurora Par... on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
Sargent Tes con. o:
(I know, it should be sergeant.)

D. Tar Bear.

(The guy's name is Daniel Tar Bear!)

Eel St. Eh... ARA S.!

(I was just talking to Ara Simmons, who, apparently, ran away as I gave her the address to my party: Eel St.)

Loot Cap. B. D. Ain.

(Captain Bob David Ain should most definitely be looted. Hey, you're Pirates... some would say: "It's what we do!" Definite commercial for car and regular insurance [hint: gecko] pun intended. )

Dar. Arg! Rad con, IEC!

(Arrrgh! That Dar, he ran away. But I like the IEC's con... totally radical! The IEC, of course, stands for International Eagles Center. Zeena's there. The place is stationed in Illios (I think that's the place?), Aquila... there's a lot of room there, and that's where the camps are. Come visit; Zeena will welcome you. )

So yep, those are my Companagrams (some of them aren't Companions, however), so feel free to take a shot and see how many you catch. I made them pretty easy, mind you, so yay!

I apologize for not being on the Message Boards for so long; I've been busy playing the game itself!

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 60 Swashbuckler

(P.S. I wish I could put in Level 70 right now... )
Why hello, Aurora...glad to see you try your hand, and el braino, at some fun anagram adventures. Where the absurd is most assuredly welcomed-- in fact, it is quite encouraged! So thanks for giving it a shot!

Very nice anagrams there-- if I do say so myself. Wait, who said that...oh yeah, 'twas myself! So, let's see what we can decipher here.

'Sargent Tes con. o:' would be Contessa Argento (Sergeant may be the proper military/rank spelling, but as a surname, there's quite a diverse group of individuals that share the last name of Sargent.)

'D. Tar Bear.' would of course be good ol' Ratbeard....after one of his many explosions went awry and scrambled him up a bit!

'Eel St. Eh... ARA S.!' Why that would be none other than the fancy yet fiercely feisty female fencer, Sarah Steele.

'Loot Cap. B. D. Ain.' Now that right there, would be the good ol' pirate nemesis that has so kindly lent his outer garments to countless, adventuring lads and lasses....Captain Blood! (Though some are still trying to pry that jacket from his maniacal hook!)

And lastly we have 'Dar. Arg! Rad con, IEC!' which to me sounds a bit like Ratbeard trying to explain himself, after being caught red-handed, with pink hair curlers in his beard. With the IEC standing for Indiscreet, Exceptional Curls, of course. But I suppose the more correct answer would be Rad Gracie Conrad? Perhaps? I thought it was just Gracie Conrad but there was an extra r, a, d. But clearly she is one rad dog, after all.

Glad to hear that you've been having some fun in the Spiral and no worries...most of us marauders take breaks from posting, from time to time. Just keep blazing away in the Spiral and you'll be well on your way to Level 70.

Thanks for sharing in the anagram absurdity!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
anecorbie on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
Oh, but I did! Remember waaay back when we were anticipating the opening of the Tower of Moo Manchu? And Ratbeard said he might join us? Someone asked his pirate's name and he jokingly replied that he was "El Bandito Incognito". Then I said it sounded like an anagram and it took me about a week but all I could come up with was "Conditional Ebon Git". Lol, anagrams are just not my talent.
Oh...but I dooooo remember the farce surrounding that whole "El Bandito Incognito" incident. I believe that it even led to Ratbeard's scientific discovery of monumental importance-- Bacon Ignited Lotion!! Oooh, better be careful with the whole Rubby-Patty thing, when applying that kind of lotion!

And actually "Conditional Ebon Git" was a pretty good anagram to pull out of the original. To be able to produce a fairly long word like 'conditional', a game related word like 'Ebon', and one of Bonnie's trademark terms of endearment-- and all from the same phrase....why, hey that's a pretty successful anagram!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
293
Just to keep you from getting complacent, or actually studying, or working, or sleeping...

Lucky USO Munsters sew beach grill - who knew those wonderful people entertaining our troops were so talented?

Spiro School Dance Lacks Diner... Err - and so the dance was canceled for lack of one eater.

Lorry Stalker grills Jello... Yahoo!... Ec... - Truck drivers, cooking and Jello, sounds like a country song.

Have fun!

1