An underrated companion

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
511
Nanu Nanu

Seriously, after he promotes he becomes a beast. Near El Toro stat-wise. Everyone decides they don't like him before his promotion.

Petty Officer
Oct 18, 2014
52
Usually i tend to choose companions that appeal to me, which is why a Cutthroat is my firstmate in Aquila.

So, yes. I did happen to find out that Nanu Nanu is an absoloute destroyer. I've been using him on my privateer and he is a mad beast, wrecking every enemy like no tomorrow!

Commodore
Nov 01, 2013
981
darkmoordude on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
Nanu Nanu

Seriously, after he promotes he becomes a beast. Near El Toro stat-wise. Everyone decides they don't like him before his promotion.
It seems lots of Companions are underrated, to be completely honest with you.

Admiral
May 27, 2009
1070
Helpful Aurora Par... on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
It seems lots of Companions are underrated, to be completely honest with you.
I agree - too many players either give them no chance at all, or a small one at best. They don't even realize that a certain companion will play differently on each class of pirate, and won't try to use Old Scratch with their Witchdoctor because he was "no use" to their Musketeer. They neglect to train them up, they relegate them to tasks, or worse yet -- make them housing items.

It's sad...


Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
1291
Ensign
Sep 03, 2013
1
i remember getting old scratch and hating him but once in marleybone i decided to give him a chance and now he is in my main team! a must have for witchdoctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
7867
coldsniper8 on Dec 27, 2017 wrote:
i remember getting old scratch and hating him but once in marleybone i decided to give him a chance and now he is in my main team! a must have for witchdoctor
Welcome to the Message Boards, coldsniper8! Yes, Old Scratch has improved a lot, a must-use for all Witchdoctors!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1027
coldsniper8 on Dec 27, 2017 wrote:
i remember getting old scratch and hating him but once in marleybone i decided to give him a chance and now he is in my main team! a must have for witchdoctor
He's also great for a privateer, and very effective for the other three classes. He just sucked so much in the beginning that for a long time I'd rather not use him. Once they gave him a decent promotion he became one of my favorites.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1120
I use all my companions. I like the random selection. It keeps battle fresh. I guess I just like to go with it. I have really no preset strategy. Hmm

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
83
What epics have you guys put on your Nanu Nanus? After reading the post I am going to try him out on my privateer.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2011
19
Willowydream on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
I agree - too many players either give them no chance at all, or a small one at best. They don't even realize that a certain companion will play differently on each class of pirate, and won't try to use Old Scratch with their Witchdoctor because he was "no use" to their Musketeer. They neglect to train them up, they relegate them to tasks, or worse yet -- make them housing items.

It's sad...

Nanu Nanu is exaggerated slightly though, sadly. The wiki states he has Epic Strike (Ranged) and 2 epics on promotion. This is sadly incorrect, he has Epic strike (melee) and 1 epic upon promotion.

Admiral
May 27, 2009
1070
Jacob LotusCaller on Jan 7, 2018 wrote:
Nanu Nanu is exaggerated slightly though, sadly. The wiki states he has Epic Strike (Ranged) and 2 epics on promotion. This is sadly incorrect, he has Epic strike (melee) and 1 epic upon promotion.
Thank you for pointing out the incorrect information. I have made the appropriate changes to the wiki page.

Sadly, the wiki is maintained by human players, who are not infallible.