An [In]Accurate Analysis of Bonnie and Ratbeard

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
242
Hello! Cruel Owen Quarrel here with another post about crew members. So without further adieu, let me jump into what this topic is about:
The relationship between Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard.
Whenever crew is brought up, it's almost always agreed that the banter between Ratbeard and Bonnie is probably some of the funniest, but I want to dig deeper into their relationship, as crew-mates, as friends, and as ever-maturing personalities. As the title hints, this isn't meant to be 100% accurate, just what I think goes on behind the scenes with our favorite fox and rat. Most of this is speculation. I hope you enjoy

The Obvious
1) Bonnie and Ratbeard have little respect for each other, but recognize the importance of working as a team.
2) Bonnie and Ratbeard are both hard-headed, though Bonnie's is harder to notice.
3) Bonnie is annoyed by Ratbeard's affinity for explosives.

The Subtle
1) Bonnie and Ratbeard occasionally agree on things, like how wrong it is that the dogs are obsessed with class, or that the Armada are ruthless, heartless beings that must be stopped. And they both dislike Cap'n Kitty.
2) Bonnie and Ratbeard occasionally show that they care for each other.. in weird ways. Like bickering a lot. And insulting each other. Um..
3) Before the events of Waponi Wu and Ratbeard joining the crew, Bonnie never showed any open disdain for Ratbeard, really. Even your Presidio companion commented more about Ratbeard than Bonnie.

The Unknown [Speculation]
1) When the Cap'n isn't looking, Bonnie and Ratbeard often place bets on trivial things.
2) When the Cap'n is asleep, Bonnie and Ratbeard are usually in the nearest Tavern with your starter, relaxing and discussing the current state of the Spiral, and their take on what's going on.
3) Both Bonnie and Ratbeard have come to care deeply for the Cap'n, and because of this they can and will put their differences aside for the safety of the Cap'n.
4) Ratbeard and Bonnie are both vulnerable to fits of frustration and anger, Ratbeard a little more so.
5) Learning more about each other and their histories in their promotion quests has made them a little more sympathetic towards each other. Bonnie had a paradigm shift after learning of everything Captain Fowl had taken from Ratbeard and how he had ruined his life at an early age, and she vowed to help Ratbeard find his missing parrot. Ratbeard began to see the reason behind the rebellion in Albion, and he has vowed to make sure nothing like that ever happens again.
6) In the future, Skull Island will become a true republic. Avery's pirate republic will develop a close relationship with Marleybone, and Ambassadors will be sent to Marleybone. Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard will be these two ambassadors.

Okay, maybe that last one was a bit silly but I think it'd make for a great future story arc :p
Hope you enjoyed and that you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Theorist

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9111
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Hello! Cruel Owen Quarrel here with another post about crew members. So without further adieu, let me jump into what this topic is about:
The relationship between Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard.
Whenever crew is brought up, it's almost always agreed that the banter between Ratbeard and Bonnie is probably some of the funniest, but I want to dig deeper into their relationship, as crew-mates, as friends, and as ever-maturing personalities. As the title hints, this isn't meant to be 100% accurate, just what I think goes on behind the scenes with our favorite fox and rat. Most of this is speculation. I hope you enjoy

The Obvious
1) Bonnie and Ratbeard have little respect for each other, but recognize the importance of working as a team.
2) Bonnie and Ratbeard are both hard-headed, though Bonnie's is harder to notice.
3) Bonnie is annoyed by Ratbeard's affinity for explosives.

The Subtle
1) Bonnie and Ratbeard occasionally agree on things, like how wrong it is that the dogs are obsessed with class, or that the Armada are ruthless, heartless beings that must be stopped. And they both dislike Cap'n Kitty.
2) Bonnie and Ratbeard occasionally show that they care for each other.. in weird ways. Like bickering a lot. And insulting each other. Um..
3) Before the events of Waponi Wu and Ratbeard joining the crew, Bonnie never showed any open disdain for Ratbeard, really. Even your Presidio companion commented more about Ratbeard than Bonnie.

The Unknown [Speculation]
1) When the Cap'n isn't looking, Bonnie and Ratbeard often place bets on trivial things.
2) When the Cap'n is asleep, Bonnie and Ratbeard are usually in the nearest Tavern with your starter, relaxing and discussing the current state of the Spiral, and their take on what's going on.
3) Both Bonnie and Ratbeard have come to care deeply for the Cap'n, and because of this they can and will put their differences aside for the safety of the Cap'n.
4) Ratbeard and Bonnie are both vulnerable to fits of frustration and anger, Ratbeard a little more so.
5) Learning more about each other and their histories in their promotion quests has made them a little more sympathetic towards each other. Bonnie had a paradigm shift after learning of everything Captain Fowl had taken from Ratbeard and how he had ruined his life at an early age, and she vowed to help Ratbeard find his missing parrot. Ratbeard began to see the reason behind the rebellion in Albion, and he has vowed to make sure nothing like that ever happens again.
6) In the future, Skull Island will become a true republic. Avery's pirate republic will develop a close relationship with Marleybone, and Ambassadors will be sent to Marleybone. Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard will be these two ambassadors.

Okay, maybe that last one was a bit silly but I think it'd make for a great future story arc :p
Hope you enjoyed and that you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Theorist
Long live the silly! Thank you for the smiles ( I think Valkoor has some competition. )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Hello! Cruel Owen Quarrel here with another post about crew members. So without further adieu, let me jump into what this topic is about:
The relationship between Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard.
Whenever crew is brought up, it's almost always agreed that the banter between Ratbeard and Bonnie is probably some of the funniest, but I want to dig deeper into their relationship, as crew-mates, as friends, and as ever-maturing personalities. As the title hints, this isn't meant to be 100% accurate, just what I think goes on behind the scenes with our favorite fox and rat. Most of this is speculation. I hope you enjoy

The Obvious
1) Bonnie and Ratbeard have little respect for each other, but recognize the importance of working as a team.
2) Bonnie and Ratbeard are both hard-headed, though Bonnie's is harder to notice.
3) Bonnie is annoyed by Ratbeard's affinity for explosives.

The Subtle
1) Bonnie and Ratbeard occasionally agree on things, like how wrong it is that the dogs are obsessed with class, or that the Armada are ruthless, heartless beings that must be stopped. And they both dislike Cap'n Kitty.
2) Bonnie and Ratbeard occasionally show that they care for each other.. in weird ways. Like bickering a lot. And insulting each other. Um..
3) Before the events of Waponi Wu and Ratbeard joining the crew, Bonnie never showed any open disdain for Ratbeard, really. Even your Presidio companion commented more about Ratbeard than Bonnie.

The Unknown [Speculation]
1) When the Cap'n isn't looking, Bonnie and Ratbeard often place bets on trivial things.
2) When the Cap'n is asleep, Bonnie and Ratbeard are usually in the nearest Tavern with your starter, relaxing and discussing the current state of the Spiral, and their take on what's going on.
3) Both Bonnie and Ratbeard have come to care deeply for the Cap'n, and because of this they can and will put their differences aside for the safety of the Cap'n.
4) Ratbeard and Bonnie are both vulnerable to fits of frustration and anger, Ratbeard a little more so.
5) Learning more about each other and their histories in their promotion quests has made them a little more sympathetic towards each other. Bonnie had a paradigm shift after learning of everything Captain Fowl had taken from Ratbeard and how he had ruined his life at an early age, and she vowed to help Ratbeard find his missing parrot. Ratbeard began to see the reason behind the rebellion in Albion, and he has vowed to make sure nothing like that ever happens again.
6) In the future, Skull Island will become a true republic. Avery's pirate republic will develop a close relationship with Marleybone, and Ambassadors will be sent to Marleybone. Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard will be these two ambassadors.

Okay, maybe that last one was a bit silly but I think it'd make for a great future story arc :p
Hope you enjoyed and that you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Theorist
Very nicely done Owen & I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Ratty & Bonnie have always been my favorite odd couple pairing, when it comes to our crew members. Why I could listen to them chatter & chide as I slowly drifted off to sleep in a hammock on the beaches of the Blood Shoals-- sweet music to my ears that would be. Hey that's not a bad stage name for those two, Chatter and Chide. Thanks for the great & intimate look into the relationship that is both 'hit & miss', 'love & hate', 'rat & blouse' & 'blunder & wonder'.

And now time for......

The Absurd
1)Both Bonnie & Clyde...I mean Ratbeard know how to tie their shoes. Only RB has no clue what to do with the extra set of laces...& shoe for that matter. Perhaps he should offer the laces to El Toro...he can never have too much floss.
2)Both Bonnie & Whiskers, enjoy wrestling. Bonnie with Manticores & Cutthroats. Ratty with his emotions & demons.
3)Bonnie & Cheese Chaser both enjoy 'romantic' walks under a starry canvas & moonlit sky. Only Bonnie usually does her walking on the beach & ol' Rata-Screwy often does his aboard a plank.
4)Bonnie & Captain Cheddar are great at Spelling Bees. Bonnie is well adept at spelling the longest & toughest of words, while Ratbeard is still stuck at just Spelling 'B's-- never gets it wrong though.
5)Both Bonnie & The Bearded One are quite the sharpshooters. Bonnie chooses to shoot at actual targets, while oddly enough RB shoots at cheese (...Sharp...shooters, eh?)
6)Bonnie & Admiral Rat know how to make the most of their Epic Talents. Although Ratbeard is still having trouble finding the actual Line that needs Holding.
7)When Bonnie isn't looking, Ratbeard secretly builds clocks...and when Ratbeard isn't looking Bonnie clocks him over the head with her gun.
8)Both Bonnie & Ratbeard speak with very strong accents. Hers is Scottish & his is Gibberish.
9)When Captain Valkoor told Bonnie & RB to lower the dinghy, Bonnie went straight for the little boat, Ratbeard went below deck.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
402
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 24, 2015 wrote:
Very nicely done Owen & I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Ratty & Bonnie have always been my favorite odd couple pairing, when it comes to our crew members. Why I could listen to them chatter & chide as I slowly drifted off to sleep in a hammock on the beaches of the Blood Shoals-- sweet music to my ears that would be. Hey that's not a bad stage name for those two, Chatter and Chide. Thanks for the great & intimate look into the relationship that is both 'hit & miss', 'love & hate', 'rat & blouse' & 'blunder & wonder'.

And now time for......

The Absurd
1)Both Bonnie & Clyde...I mean Ratbeard know how to tie their shoes. Only RB has no clue what to do with the extra set of laces...& shoe for that matter. Perhaps he should offer the laces to El Toro...he can never have too much floss.
2)Both Bonnie & Whiskers, enjoy wrestling. Bonnie with Manticores & Cutthroats. Ratty with his emotions & demons.
3)Bonnie & Cheese Chaser both enjoy 'romantic' walks under a starry canvas & moonlit sky. Only Bonnie usually does her walking on the beach & ol' Rata-Screwy often does his aboard a plank.
4)Bonnie & Captain Cheddar are great at Spelling Bees. Bonnie is well adept at spelling the longest & toughest of words, while Ratbeard is still stuck at just Spelling 'B's-- never gets it wrong though.
5)Both Bonnie & The Bearded One are quite the sharpshooters. Bonnie chooses to shoot at actual targets, while oddly enough RB shoots at cheese (...Sharp...shooters, eh?)
6)Bonnie & Admiral Rat know how to make the most of their Epic Talents. Although Ratbeard is still having trouble finding the actual Line that needs Holding.
7)When Bonnie isn't looking, Ratbeard secretly builds clocks...and when Ratbeard isn't looking Bonnie clocks him over the head with her gun.
8)Both Bonnie & Ratbeard speak with very strong accents. Hers is Scottish & his is Gibberish.
9)When Captain Valkoor told Bonnie & RB to lower the dinghy, Bonnie went straight for the little boat, Ratbeard went below deck.
I'm too lazy to make an intelligent response like you famous Pirate101 Forum people do, so I'm just gonna say:

Ha

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2743
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
I'm too lazy to make an intelligent response like you famous Pirate101 Forum people do, so I'm just gonna say:

Ha
Hey, sometimes a simple "Ha", says it all and rather quite well.

And there certainly are no famous Forum-ers here, just players and posters like everyone else. We all stand together and side by side. If any here were famous, we'd have an entourage, fancy cars and clothing, personal chefs, maybe a plane or a yacht and a pool and money to swim in. I don't know about others, but the only ones following me around are my dog and my kids, and that's only because I usually have some self-cooked food in my hand (unless you consider a microwave, a personal chef). And my 'fancy clothing' would make Bosun Budd and Dead Mike look like modern day fashionistas.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
433
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
I'm too lazy to make an intelligent response like you famous Pirate101 Forum people do, so I'm just gonna say:

Ha
I'm with you on that one.

Ha

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
293
"Good evening. We're here in the studio tonight with two members of one of the most infamous the crews in the skies. Miss Anne Fox and Captain Ratbeard. Let's begin with you Miss Fox, or may I call you Bonnie?"
"My friends call me Bonnie Anne, you may call me Miss Fox."
"Ha, ha. Bonnie, how would descibe your relationship with Captain Ratbeard - who stole Captain Gunn's map, poisoned his own crew, and generally has behaved inexcusably poorly for most of his pirating career."
"I think he's actually trying to reform a little bit. He made up for the poisoning, at least after the fact. But he's still a ..."
"Thank you, Miss Fox. Captain Beard, would you say Miss Fox is an enemy of the crown due to her unfortunate relationship to one of Marleybone's most wanted?"
"What? 'Er? Don't be daft!"
"Thank you, Captain. Miss Fox, anything to add?"
"Um, numbers?"
"Ha, ha, good one! Very droll. If I may ask something on a more personal note, what do you think of the Armada? What do you think of Captain Beard's choice in breakfast foods? Will we ever see Chapter 15, or is it just a fable like so many of Captain Beard's other stories of his past exploits?"
"Did you actually prepare for this interview, or are you just a twit?"
"I'm beginning to thinks this lubber is banana or three short of a bunch, so to speak."
"What say we retire to a tavern and celebrate the end of this interview?"
"Yar, I'm with ye lassie. Let's get out of here."
"There's just one more thing we ought to do first."
"And there you have it. Two former enemies united by a common goal. And of course this was all brought about by that dashing young Captain... what's that? Wouldn't do the interview? Blast! And now for something completely different, a Fox and a Rat chasing me around the studio with a stick. Back to you, wherever you may be in the Spiral."

Crashing sounds. Fade to black.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
Sam Underhill on Jun 28, 2015 wrote:
"Good evening. We're here in the studio tonight with two members of one of the most infamous the crews in the skies. Miss Anne Fox and Captain Ratbeard. Let's begin with you Miss Fox, or may I call you Bonnie?"
"My friends call me Bonnie Anne, you may call me Miss Fox."
"Ha, ha. Bonnie, how would descibe your relationship with Captain Ratbeard - who stole Captain Gunn's map, poisoned his own crew, and generally has behaved inexcusably poorly for most of his pirating career."
"I think he's actually trying to reform a little bit. He made up for the poisoning, at least after the fact. But he's still a ..."
"Thank you, Miss Fox. Captain Beard, would you say Miss Fox is an enemy of the crown due to her unfortunate relationship to one of Marleybone's most wanted?"
"What? 'Er? Don't be daft!"
"Thank you, Captain. Miss Fox, anything to add?"
"Um, numbers?"
"Ha, ha, good one! Very droll. If I may ask something on a more personal note, what do you think of the Armada? What do you think of Captain Beard's choice in breakfast foods? Will we ever see Chapter 15, or is it just a fable like so many of Captain Beard's other stories of his past exploits?"
"Did you actually prepare for this interview, or are you just a twit?"
"I'm beginning to thinks this lubber is banana or three short of a bunch, so to speak."
"What say we retire to a tavern and celebrate the end of this interview?"
"Yar, I'm with ye lassie. Let's get out of here."
"There's just one more thing we ought to do first."
"And there you have it. Two former enemies united by a common goal. And of course this was all brought about by that dashing young Captain... what's that? Wouldn't do the interview? Blast! And now for something completely different, a Fox and a Rat chasing me around the studio with a stick. Back to you, wherever you may be in the Spiral."

Crashing sounds. Fade to black.
I'd love to see this animated with voiceovers. Sam, you never fail to make me laugh.