Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An affirmation in faith, just may have been given!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well, piratin' folks & KI staff, I must say that things have unfolded rather quickly & quite nicely in the past couple weeks.

A new Test Realm is upon us, new updates are just around the Skyway bend, statements from the powers-that-be have been made, a Producer's Letter has shed some light on what's been going on at KI, Ranked PvP has finely made it's way here & all around, excitement is back in the Spiral & on the forums again. We the players voiced opinions & concerns & asked for just some kind of encouraging words or reassurance from those that give us the game that we are hooks over patches for. We just wanted to know what was going on.

And guess what...they delivered. And for this, KI we thank you. Now, yes we did receive some discouraging words about the story/Book 15 updates. But at the same time we were given some reassurance that work is & will be done to bring those updates to us, eventually. The mere fact that Wiz & Pirates are now joining forces is an encouraging sign that this 'fish' ain't quite 'dead in the waddah'. Hearing from Prof. Falmea helped shed some light that there have been some, possibly unforeseeable changes going on at KI HQs. This makes the silence & delays a bit more understandable. If major changes were & are being made at KI & in regards to the game, it certainly helps to explain a lot of things.

There are going to be many players who are upset & disappointed by continued delaying of Book 15, story updates. And I certainly get that, I am surely one of those players. How can any player not be disappointed that one of their favorite games is going to take a while longer to bring new content? It's tough, but we should focus on the positives. There is a 2-headed Titan now producing the game, money is being put into updating P101 & it's systems, efforts are being made to elevate players' gaming experience-- both new & maxed. Ranked PvP has arrived, as well as something every self-respecting pirate should be ARRR-ing over...a Nautical Gauntlet. This update is providing new pets, new weapons, new trainers, new experiences, new dungeons, new Scrip hauling capacities & all around new excitement to the Spiral.

I don't PvP, but I am 187% ecstatic to see the excitement & happiness that Ranked PvP has brought to those that enjoy it immensely. It is something that has been desperately wanted by so many players, for so long, & I am so glad that they will now be able to take part in it. Heck, it may just make a PvP'er out of me too!

For months, I've logged into the game & not seen many players on my friends list or in game. Those that were in game though, were either in the Brawlin' Hall, or in the Tower getting gear for some PvP, or trying to morph up undiscovered hybrids, or brand new players running around Avery's court. This update has added content to enrich all players piratical lives & playing experience. It has addressed ways to bring old players back to the game & excited to tear up the Skyways again.

(continued....)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
Well, piratin' folks & KI staff, I must say that things have unfolded rather quickly & quite nicely in the past couple weeks.

A new Test Realm is upon us, new updates are just around the Skyway bend, statements from the powers-that-be have been made, a Producer's Letter has shed some light on what's been going on at KI, Ranked PvP has finely made it's way here & all around, excitement is back in the Spiral & on the forums again. We the players voiced opinions & concerns & asked for just some kind of encouraging words or reassurance from those that give us the game that we are hooks over patches for. We just wanted to know what was going on.

And guess what...they delivered. And for this, KI we thank you. Now, yes we did receive some discouraging words about the story/Book 15 updates. But at the same time we were given some reassurance that work is & will be done to bring those updates to us, eventually. The mere fact that Wiz & Pirates are now joining forces is an encouraging sign that this 'fish' ain't quite 'dead in the waddah'. Hearing from Prof. Falmea helped shed some light that there have been some, possibly unforeseeable changes going on at KI HQs. This makes the silence & delays a bit more understandable. If major changes were & are being made at KI & in regards to the game, it certainly helps to explain a lot of things.

There are going to be many players who are upset & disappointed by continued delaying of Book 15, story updates. And I certainly get that, I am surely one of those players. How can any player not be disappointed that one of their favorite games is going to take a while longer to bring new content? It's tough, but we should focus on the positives. There is a 2-headed Titan now producing the game, money is being put into updating P101 & it's systems, efforts are being made to elevate players' gaming experience-- both new & maxed. Ranked PvP has arrived, as well as something every self-respecting pirate should be ARRR-ing over...a Nautical Gauntlet. This update is providing new pets, new weapons, new trainers, new experiences, new dungeons, new Scrip hauling capacities & all around new excitement to the Spiral.

I don't PvP, but I am 187% ecstatic to see the excitement & happiness that Ranked PvP has brought to those that enjoy it immensely. It is something that has been desperately wanted by so many players, for so long, & I am so glad that they will now be able to take part in it. Heck, it may just make a PvP'er out of me too!

For months, I've logged into the game & not seen many players on my friends list or in game. Those that were in game though, were either in the Brawlin' Hall, or in the Tower getting gear for some PvP, or trying to morph up undiscovered hybrids, or brand new players running around Avery's court. This update has added content to enrich all players piratical lives & playing experience. It has addressed ways to bring old players back to the game & excited to tear up the Skyways again.

(continued....)
(...continual)

It has also, along with past 'smaller updates', found ways to entice new players to the game & give them, & maxed players, many ways to keep them captivated. By addressing all of these player types, it'll help bring more revenue to the game..something that benefits us all. The steady flow of new mounts, pets & other items to spend Crowns on will also accomplish helping the game grow & live on.

At first I didn't quite understand the order in which these updates were being brought to us, but now I have been granted a clearer picture. A new Book 15 update would have had us all swabbing the decks with bubbles of Yum, but let's face the music. A Book 15 update would have affected a smaller group of players & us maxed pirates would have raced through it at an astounding pace..leaving not much revenue gained for time, resources & money KI put into the update. These smaller, game-enriching updates will affect a larger group(s) of players, bring more revenue & allowing the KI team to hash out final details, while these new updates are bringing joy, money & excitement back into the Spiral. The story may be why so many of us enjoy the game, but the other content, including the PvP, is what keeps players who finish the story, logging in. When we do get Book 15, & finish it in 2 months, we'll need plenty to keep us coming back-- ranked PvP, Ship gauntlets & all of the other smaller content are going to be needed to keep our interests, until future Books come & us maxed pirates also blow right through that.

I so want a continuation of the story but I understand that KI had some 'shake ups' occur & that they are managing the best they can. In the meantime, they are giving us more to do & they have provided reassurance that they still care about the game, it's future & us players as well-- so let's all enjoy it. And congrats PvP enthusiasts, I'm glad you finally got your ranked PvP & I'm excited for you all & to possibly give it a whirl myself.

Thank You!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

(continued....)
Aye, it's great to see somebody shares my enthusiasm.

I don't PvP much, but with Ranked PvP rewarding Scrip, that might change things(if only my absorb boots from Live were on Test). That Ship Gauntlet looks like fun(however that's not something one just solos).

We have definitely been given that affirmation of good faith Valkoor. I'll wait for Book 15 to be upon us, but until then, I'll be PvPing(that's a term) and fighting mobs of ships(with other people of course).

I agree with what you're saying. Book 15, as enjoyable as it is, will only give us so much. Some farming and a bit more story. However, things that provide abundant Scrip will have us entertained for a while.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Ensign
Mar 19, 2013
Wow, I hope you right school essays as good as this! But I must agree with everything you said. All of these people sad about no new world, would you want this or no update at all? Besides, there is a slim slim slim chance they could be hiding something from us that is not in the test realm. I doubt it's a world, but maybe it is something that would make us all just as happy! Maybe some new promotions? (Presidio companions please....) Or maybe even some new powers?

Very well written Valkoor,
Jack Armstrong-Level 65

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
agreed book 15 will be way more fun for all, now that this update includes something for everybody

stormy jen

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi I agree with valkoor this update may not be what everyone was expecting but hey we still got a update and that's what counts thanks ki and keep up the great work

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
I love your optimism! What I tend to do when no updates come is to look for other games and play those for a while. Then when I come back, BAM! There is a new update in Pirate101 . I rediscovered my love for this game a month ago, and also I am loving to post on the message boards. I grasped the new (to me) pets and tower of moo. Today I did my first run of Smuggler's Arena, which was an incredible challenge. Great job on making that KI.

On the test realm, I love every aspect of the new update. I know it isn't a storyline update, but don't focus on what you don't have.Be grateful for what you do! I completely agree with you Valkoor, and to the people who are upset that there is not a storyline update yet, I completely understand. I too would love to see what world we have next. For now though we should just enjoy the update they gave us :).

Thanks for keeping us updated Valkoor!

Thank you KI for giving us this update!

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
(...continual)

It has also, along with past 'smaller updates', found ways to entice new players to the game & give them, & maxed players, many ways to keep them captivated. By addressing all of these player types, it'll help bring more revenue to the game..something that benefits us all. The steady flow of new mounts, pets & other items to spend Crowns on will also accomplish helping the game grow & live on.

At first I didn't quite understand the order in which these updates were being brought to us, but now I have been granted a clearer picture. A new Book 15 update would have had us all swabbing the decks with bubbles of Yum, but let's face the music. A Book 15 update would have affected a smaller group of players & us maxed pirates would have raced through it at an astounding pace..leaving not much revenue gained for time, resources & money KI put into the update. These smaller, game-enriching updates will affect a larger group(s) of players, bring more revenue & allowing the KI team to hash out final details, while these new updates are bringing joy, money & excitement back into the Spiral. The story may be why so many of us enjoy the game, but the other content, including the PvP, is what keeps players who finish the story, logging in. When we do get Book 15, & finish it in 2 months, we'll need plenty to keep us coming back-- ranked PvP, Ship gauntlets & all of the other smaller content are going to be needed to keep our interests, until future Books come & us maxed pirates also blow right through that.

I so want a continuation of the story but I understand that KI had some 'shake ups' occur & that they are managing the best they can. In the meantime, they are giving us more to do & they have provided reassurance that they still care about the game, it's future & us players as well-- so let's all enjoy it. And congrats PvP enthusiasts, I'm glad you finally got your ranked PvP & I'm excited for you all & to possibly give it a whirl myself.

Thank You!
Sigh.......... I am going to be honest. This is ironic considering my user name is warrior but. I am not that exited for ranked pvp sure it does sound pretty good i admit.But I would've preferred a story update instead of a ranked pvp update. But I hope the story update comes soon. But when ranked pvp comes i'm going to show these pirates why I'm called warrior.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
warrior021u on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
Sigh.......... I am going to be honest. This is ironic considering my user name is warrior but. I am not that exited for ranked pvp sure it does sound pretty good i admit.But I would've preferred a story update instead of a ranked pvp update. But I hope the story update comes soon. But when ranked pvp comes i'm going to show these pirates why I'm called warrior.
I can understand that warrior. I too am not that excited for ranked PvP & would so much prefer a story update. Buuut, what I am excited about is that it's an update that much of the P101 population has been longing for. So I'm happy for the P101 Community as a whole. There are a lot of players that have been 'begging' for ranked PvP & it's exciting to know that they will finally be getting it.

The biggest difference in this update, versus the other recent, smaller updates...it is one that has been asked for. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVED the Advanced Companions/Pets update, so enjoy The Tower Update (even though I don't have time to farm Mr. Moo), thought the Scrip update was pretty neat & had a feeling that it was a precursor to future updates & would lead to 'bigger & better' things down the road. With all of those updates, little improvements & some HUGE, as well, improvements were made that were based on our requests. But the 'major parts' of those updates were not exactly player requested components...although they kind-of sort were. We wanted more out of our crew & pets = Advanced Companions/Pets, we wanted more higher level gear = Tower, we wanted more Spiral options & player involvement = Scrip (just an introduction, mind you).

But this Ranked PvP update is something that a large part of the Community has wanted for a loooong time. Even if you, myself, & many others, are not that excited about it, there are many players that are happy to see it arriving. It's not a complete package yet, as the enthusiasts have demonstrated, but with their feedback & others as well, Ranked PvP will eventually become a glorious thing for a great many people...maybe even us!?!

So, despite not being a story update, it's at least something that many people have longed for, for a great while. This update shows that the players should have something to look forward to down the road & in the future...as far as a continuation of P101, on some level.

That's exciting to me!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Peeta Quint on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
Wow, I hope you right school essays as good as this! But I must agree with everything you said. All of these people sad about no new world, would you want this or no update at all? Besides, there is a slim slim slim chance they could be hiding something from us that is not in the test realm. I doubt it's a world, but maybe it is something that would make us all just as happy! Maybe some new promotions? (Presidio companions please....) Or maybe even some new powers?

Very well written Valkoor,
Jack Armstrong-Level 65
Oh and Jack, thank you...it's been many moons since I have written a school essay, but, and call me a weirdo, I actually did enjoy writing them back in the day (I usually wrote my best ones on the bus, on the way to school)-- and yeah, we actually had to physically write them once upon a time...with pens and pencils and such, using our whole arms, wrists and hands!!! Followed by the typed version of course.

As long as new components are coming into the game, that show signs of P101 living on, and as long as we the players are kept in the loop a wee bit...I can handle the waiting game and concentrate on enjoying the 'other' updates. Just as long as the waiting doesn't cause me to wait until school essays are manifested simply by students merely thinking them and having them magically show up as a hologram. They'd have to wake me from the grave for that kind of 'update wait'.

In the meantime, let's enjoy the new updates and new found hope & excitement.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
warrior021u on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
Talon! You're Back! We missed you so! We need your stories during Moo Manchu!