Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Amazing Duck of Death Puppet Show!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I watched the Duck of Death Puppet Show, and I have these words to say... best... Puppet Show... yet! It was really amazing that Book 7 finally got a Puppet Show, & a really good one, too! I give it a very hearty "YAR!!" for it! In fact, it was so good, I had to watch it over and over again, & it's still amazing! When I watched it, I was captivated about English Bill's depth & lore & my mind spoke, "Now that's more like it!".

It really brought out much depth and lore about how English Bill became the Duck of Death, and I have to say, I was really swept away by his backstory! I mean, the Marleybonean Dogs travelling to Cool Ranch to make more gold for their kind was really interesting, & English Bill, or rather William, before he was known to be English Bill, had helped the Dogs gain much land for their expeditions & wealth. Bill was thought to have riches by the Dogs, & yet, he ended up broke after the Zephyr engine exploded & learned the truth about it, & went loco against the Dogs to gain vengeance against them. Even more, Bill fleeing to Darkmoor to hide from the hunters & finding one of the evil spirits from the mentioned Before Time & being bitten by it and others & being warped & twisted into the Duck of Death was the best part of the show! Amazing! & well written!

I was captivated by the action, drama, & hilarity from that Puppet Show, even English Bill going mad across Cool Ranch was crazy good & hilariously funny! That crazy evil grin English Bill gave out was very funny, too! I couldn't help myself to just keep laughing about it!

I took note that the stage set for that Puppet Show was quite different from the other previous Cool Ranch themed Puppet Shows seen before, & it's very neat. I would like to know the comparison between these sets sometime soon.

Overall, it was the best Puppet Show made yet! I know just who to thank for that. Donkey Hotay, if you're around, thanks for making amazing Puppet Shows like that! Keep making more like it!

Now, if only Book 5 would get a Puppet Show someday soon... I would like to see that made.

Developer
Thank you so much Trimond! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I agree it be genius.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Yeah, this not only answered a lot of questions, but brings up another point.

We discover, when we get to Marleybone, that the steel used to build the Zephyr came from Valencia. Whether because it was cheaper, or some other reason, we don't know, but this just brings up more questions.

It is also interesting that while the bird remained, you see very few, if any, cats, dogs, or frogs in Cool Ranch.

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2010
Max DeGroot on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, this not only answered a lot of questions, but brings up another point.

We discover, when we get to Marleybone, that the steel used to build the Zephyr came from Valencia. Whether because it was cheaper, or some other reason, we don't know, but this just brings up more questions.

It is also interesting that while the bird remained, you see very few, if any, cats, dogs, or frogs in Cool Ranch.
Actually, we do see quite a few frogs in Santo Pollo. It had never occurred to me before that they might be connected to the Marelybone frogs though.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, I do have just one small question about that Puppet Show's stage setting, Donkey Hotay, if you're around to answer it, that is...

Out of all the available Cool Ranch's Puppet Shows' stage sets that were shared by most characters, that one's stage set looks very different from the others. Why is that so? How does it look different from the others?

Well, that's from what I've noticed while watching that show. Did anyone else notice that?

Thanks for answering!

Ensign
Dec 13, 2008
i loved it too. I though it was very creative and love how we got to actually see how duck of death became duck of death. who knows maybe one day in the spiral we can meet and defeat this powerful magical beast whom gave him his abilities.... or we can sell our soul to it and become even more powerful than we are now. we are not exactly hero's in this one lol

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I loop it on end for hours just so I can hear the piano music that plays when Bill accidentally sails into Darkmoor. It's the Waco Kid battle music that doesn't play anywhere else, but I want to hear SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
The Adept Fortune Seeker

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Mark Laveer on Nov 4, 2014 wrote:
I loop it on end for hours just so I can hear the piano music that plays when Bill accidentally sails into Darkmoor. It's the Waco Kid battle music that doesn't play anywhere else, but I want to hear SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
The Adept Fortune Seeker
You mean the Saloon combat music? Wow. You really like that combat theme. I know I do.

You can hear it by confronting Waco Kid, currently. Don't worry. There may be more saloon instances someday.