Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

All Systems Go

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 18, 2012
Firstly, I entirely support the upcoming changes in both companion management and the pet system. A little more challenge and sophistication (along with expansions) is exactly what this game needs. However, a lot of people are voices their opinions on the upcoming updates, and I'm noticing quite a lot of backlash.

Why

I fail to see what's so wrong in progressing the gameplay. MMO's aren't meant to be old classics, gems of memory that forever stay the same. Part of the charm is the constant evolving that we are able to do as we play. Of all the MMO's I have seen, P101 has the least playability because it requires absolutely nothing of us. I know that this is partially because it is the only family MMO I have played, but I don't see anything in these new developments that a 10 year old can't handle. Besides, I find encouraging children to apply their minds to be much more productive than convincing them to find the easy way out.

To all those saying, "i dont like this", "give us a choice", "it's too complicated"; really? If you like simplicity, then play something a bit more... simple. Or give it try first, it really doesn't look that hard.

I too will be immensely disappointed if there is no raise in the level cap, which there doesn't seem to be, but we still haven't gotten an explicit statement that there won't be.

I LOVE the changes to the companion management, so come and post here if you support it as well. KI has my vote on this.

Nikki

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
N1ckee on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:
Firstly, I entirely support the upcoming changes in both companion management and the pet system. A little more challenge and sophistication (along with expansions) is exactly what this game needs. However, a lot of people are voices their opinions on the upcoming updates, and I'm noticing quite a lot of backlash.

Why

I fail to see what's so wrong in progressing the gameplay. MMO's aren't meant to be old classics, gems of memory that forever stay the same. Part of the charm is the constant evolving that we are able to do as we play. Of all the MMO's I have seen, P101 has the least playability because it requires absolutely nothing of us. I know that this is partially because it is the only family MMO I have played, but I don't see anything in these new developments that a 10 year old can't handle. Besides, I find encouraging children to apply their minds to be much more productive than convincing them to find the easy way out.

To all those saying, "i dont like this", "give us a choice", "it's too complicated"; really? If you like simplicity, then play something a bit more... simple. Or give it try first, it really doesn't look that hard.

I too will be immensely disappointed if there is no raise in the level cap, which there doesn't seem to be, but we still haven't gotten an explicit statement that there won't be.

I LOVE the changes to the companion management, so come and post here if you support it as well. KI has my vote on this.

Nikki
I also love them now I can command my crew like a real pirate captain.

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
N1ckee on Mar 28, 2014 wrote:

Why

Nikki
There has been confirmation that there's no new book, and most likely no new level cap. sorry. I was hoping for a new challenge to level up to as well.

F.R. Holystone
lv.65

Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
I like the new companion management system, but I'm a bit disappointed about the absence of Book 15 and the fact that our companions in battle won't be random anymore.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
N1ckee,

I suspect many of the naysayers you are referring to are former (or maybe current) Wizard101 players. Take the new pet overhaul for example. Just the mere mention of pet leveling in this game may bring back exhaustion or frustration experienced in Wizard101. However, this is a different game and Pirate101 still strives to set itself apart from other games (including Wizard101). The test realm will have plenty of opportunity to voice complaints, suggestions, or praises.

Who knows, there might actually be problems or valid concerns come test time and KI will need that feedback. In your case, the new systems may not actually provide the challenge and sophistication you were expecting (make sure you leave feedback!).

Gunner's Mate
Oct 11, 2012
I agree. The system might need getting used to, but I'm not one to back from a creative challenge. Let the pet and companion games begin!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oran from Urz on Mar 31, 2014 wrote:
N1ckee,

I suspect many of the naysayers you are referring to are former (or maybe current) Wizard101 players. Take the new pet overhaul for example. Just the mere mention of pet leveling in this game may bring back exhaustion or frustration experienced in Wizard101. However, this is a different game and Pirate101 still strives to set itself apart from other games (including Wizard101). The test realm will have plenty of opportunity to voice complaints, suggestions, or praises.

Who knows, there might actually be problems or valid concerns come test time and KI will need that feedback. In your case, the new systems may not actually provide the challenge and sophistication you were expecting (make sure you leave feedback!).
Very well said. Heartly Yarred.