Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Algebra of this game...

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I've figured out the equation for Weapon Power, but attacks and spells are still a mystery to me.

Weapon Power
P = your total weapon power
S = your Strength/Agility/Will
B = your Strength/Agility/Will bonus
W = your weapon's base weapon power
T = your talents; rough, slashy weapons 2, weapon mastery, etc.
G = your gear's stats

B = (W + T) • (S/500)
P = W + T + G + B

You all understood that, right? Have you taken Algebra yet?

Anyways, the rest of your stats are mostly simple addition. Weapon Power is really tough because of the Strength/Agility/Will bonus.

I'm struggling with my spells' damages though. My Spell Power is usually 287, and my infinite range spells like Mournsong are I think 538 magic damage. Mojo Storms are 632. I've been mathing and mathing, but I haven't come to a solid formula yet. It's like Spell Power • 1.8746297383738... = Spell Damage. I know there's a will bonus in there... Is it similar to the bonus added to weapon power?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
I've figured out the equation for Weapon Power, but attacks and spells are still a mystery to me.

Weapon Power
P = your total weapon power
S = your Strength/Agility/Will
B = your Strength/Agility/Will bonus
W = your weapon's base weapon power
T = your talents; rough, slashy weapons 2, weapon mastery, etc.
G = your gear's stats

B = (W + T) • (S/500)
P = W + T + G + B

You all understood that, right? Have you taken Algebra yet?

Anyways, the rest of your stats are mostly simple addition. Weapon Power is really tough because of the Strength/Agility/Will bonus.

I'm struggling with my spells' damages though. My Spell Power is usually 287, and my infinite range spells like Mournsong are I think 538 magic damage. Mojo Storms are 632. I've been mathing and mathing, but I haven't come to a solid formula yet. It's like Spell Power • 1.8746297383738... = Spell Damage. I know there's a will bonus in there... Is it similar to the bonus added to weapon power?
Kudos to you for trying to figure out the algebraic formula to get the exact number for your damage.

Ensign
Mar 06, 2011
I believe that on Pirate101 Central there are ability/talent/power stats and information on the formulas.