Advice for my problem please!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
19
When I first joined, it was back when the game came out I believe. (I forgot the exact time) Anyways, I wasn't knowing what I was doing, and I messed up. I am a buccaneer, but I accidentally clicked the "Born in krok" button. I just now realized it is affecting my PVP because I am not spooky but I have that power. Can anyone please give me advice on how I can do something about this?

-Lvl 70 Strong JustinSilver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9184
JPDunn1119 on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
When I first joined, it was back when the game came out I believe. (I forgot the exact time) Anyways, I wasn't knowing what I was doing, and I messed up. I am a buccaneer, but I accidentally clicked the "Born in krok" button. I just now realized it is affecting my PVP because I am not spooky but I have that power. Can anyone please give me advice on how I can do something about this?

-Lvl 70 Strong JustinSilver
Roll with it, because you can't change it. Or you can delete that character and start over ( not ideal, especially if you have items that can't be put in the shared bank. )
How to roll with your mistake:
Equip staffy combo weapons, train more spooky and use WD powers. Your heals & shields will be more powerful because of this.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
962
Unfortunately, that is something that cannot be changed. You will have to start a new character to make that change.

Do not delete the character you have now! After creating a new character with the attributes you want, transfer all the items and pets to the new character. Unfortunately, you cannot transfer Houses, Ships, or Companions. If you unequip the ship equipment that are on the ships you have now, you can transfer that equipment. If you have any Scrip on the old character, spend it because you can't transfer it. If you are into collecting Pets, earn enough for a Pet and spend it that way unless you like housing items. Same for Gold except here you maight want to spend it on equipment. There may be some more areas of the game that should be transferred but I can't think of them now.

Good Luck!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1363
JPDunn1119 on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
When I first joined, it was back when the game came out I believe. (I forgot the exact time) Anyways, I wasn't knowing what I was doing, and I messed up. I am a buccaneer, but I accidentally clicked the "Born in krok" button. I just now realized it is affecting my PVP because I am not spooky but I have that power. Can anyone please give me advice on how I can do something about this?

-Lvl 70 Strong JustinSilver
Hello there, Justin! Unfortunately, you can't change where you were born, but you can always make another Pirate. Krokotopia is best for Witchdoctors, Grizzleheim for Buccaneers and Privateers, MooShu for Privateers and/or Buccaneers, Scrimshaw for Swashbucklers, and Marleybone for Musketeers.

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 25 Buccaneer
- The Commander, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer

(P.S. You're not alone, Justin. I'm a Swashbuckler and since I was new, I made the wrong choice of choosing "Born in Grizzleheim". Hey, at least I get more Health! )

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
Ouch a born in Korkotopia , that will be a very challenging adventure. At least this character can heal higher than average .Best of luck of your adventure.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
411
In my opinion, the starting stats from where you were born are not that major of a difference. It is nice to have a "complete/perfect" stats, but permanent stats from where you were born are not game changing.

Like others have suggested, you can take advantage of the spell power increase for heals or better.....poisons! A buccaneer gets in the thick of the battle, perfect place to drop those poisons with Loud hopefully working. Of course, the stats from where you were born solely does not make heals or poisons worthwhile, but you do have a starting point for increased spell power through training points and Old Scratch to create a unique buccaneer.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
Helpful Aurora Par... on Dec 25, 2016 wrote:
Hello there, Justin! Unfortunately, you can't change where you were born, but you can always make another Pirate. Krokotopia is best for Witchdoctors, Grizzleheim for Buccaneers and Privateers, MooShu for Privateers and/or Buccaneers, Scrimshaw for Swashbucklers, and Marleybone for Musketeers.

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 25 Buccaneer
- The Commander, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer

(P.S. You're not alone, Justin. I'm a Swashbuckler and since I was new, I made the wrong choice of choosing "Born in Grizzleheim". Hey, at least I get more Health! )
you guys are not the only ones who made a wrong choice, I have a level 32 privateer, when I started her, I had no idea it gives you a stat so I picked "born in scrimshaw" I figured it would fit her personality, now I know it affects stuff, I would of picked grizzleheim or mooshu!

The Helpful Privateer: fiery alyssa taylor. level 32
The daring swashbuckler: sly autumn, level 17

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9184
thedragonpirate245... on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
you guys are not the only ones who made a wrong choice, I have a level 32 privateer, when I started her, I had no idea it gives you a stat so I picked "born in scrimshaw" I figured it would fit her personality, now I know it affects stuff, I would of picked grizzleheim or mooshu!

The Helpful Privateer: fiery alyssa taylor. level 32
The daring swashbuckler: sly autumn, level 17
At least you're more "dodgy" if you can find a pet that grants "riposte", you'll be set! I'm finding that a Krok origin is very helpful for a privateer - heals and buffs are stronger and I don't need to rely on Old Scratch!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
anecorbie on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
At least you're more "dodgy" if you can find a pet that grants "riposte", you'll be set! I'm finding that a Krok origin is very helpful for a privateer - heals and buffs are stronger and I don't need to rely on Old Scratch!
awesome! I'm training a new pet that will hopefully grant riposte.

fiery alyssa taylor 32
sly autumn 16
donna noble 3

Ensign
Jun 16, 2012
25
JPDunn1119 on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
When I first joined, it was back when the game came out I believe. (I forgot the exact time) Anyways, I wasn't knowing what I was doing, and I messed up. I am a buccaneer, but I accidentally clicked the "Born in krok" button. I just now realized it is affecting my PVP because I am not spooky but I have that power. Can anyone please give me advice on how I can do something about this?

-Lvl 70 Strong JustinSilver
I totallly feel your pain! I joined when the game first came out too and just happened to give my Witchdoctor origins in Krok... I didn't think it mattered so all of my other pirates are probably all whacked out because of the random decisions I made when choosing their origins. Honestly, It doesn't matter. I have a swashbuckler from Mooshu and she's doing quite well for herself! Don't sweat it - roll with it. :)

- Wicked Scarlet, lvl. 68 Witchdoctor
- Isidora Alcott, lvl. 48 Swashbuckler
- Charming Valeria Noble, lvl. 14 Musketeer

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1124
anecorbie on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
At least you're more "dodgy" if you can find a pet that grants "riposte", you'll be set! I'm finding that a Krok origin is very helpful for a privateer - heals and buffs are stronger and I don't need to rely on Old Scratch!
Actually I picked born in Krok and I had no idea it was a good thing. It did fit the character backstory I wanted to create. It's kind of funny I used to use a staff long before it was popular to do so as a privateer. I have acquired a lot of power as a privateer kinda funny it was all sort of a mistake. I had no idea lol.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey (a noob who turned out okay)

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
122
Spooky helps do extra bleeding damage with assassin, and helps heals be more effective

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9184
LadyClockwork on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
I totallly feel your pain! I joined when the game first came out too and just happened to give my Witchdoctor origins in Krok... I didn't think it mattered so all of my other pirates are probably all whacked out because of the random decisions I made when choosing their origins. Honestly, It doesn't matter. I have a swashbuckler from Mooshu and she's doing quite well for herself! Don't sweat it - roll with it. :)

- Wicked Scarlet, lvl. 68 Witchdoctor
- Isidora Alcott, lvl. 48 Swashbuckler
- Charming Valeria Noble, lvl. 14 Musketeer
My main pirate is a MooShu origin swashbuckler - I have never regretted that decision, I find that having an extra boost to my damage is very useful. Besides, there's plenty of gear to boost your dodge, so I get the best of both worlds with my damage and dodge stats.

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
83
I'm late to this forum - but I just checked today and realized my swashbuckler is born in Krokotopia... nothing I can really do about that other than roll with it

~ Darling Brittany Neels (luckily I chose Grizzleheim for this one)
~ Genevieve Yardsley (whose raised in Krok )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9184
Mythali126 on Jan 2, 2017 wrote:
I'm late to this forum - but I just checked today and realized my swashbuckler is born in Krokotopia... nothing I can really do about that other than roll with it

~ Darling Brittany Neels (luckily I chose Grizzleheim for this one)
~ Genevieve Yardsley (whose raised in Krok )
Your poisons & bleeding attacks are stronger, just as your heals are better. Equip a staffy/stabby or slashy combo weapon and roll with it!