Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Year of Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ahoy, my fellow pirates! I was just wondering what came to us this past year in Pirate 101, I went back and checked update notes and newsletters and we sure did have a busy year! I'm a glass half full kind of gal so I thought I would share with you the exciting additions that came our way in 2014!
  • First we got two new bundles- the Empire Bundle and the ( elusive ) Hoodoo Bundle! We also saw a new pack come to the Crown Shop with six exciting companions! ( not to mention pets, but in the proper place )
  • In May we saw the introduction of Bestia and Advanced pets! So many new pets & hybrids with awesome powers and talents! Pets and mounts became housing items.
  • New class companions and companion management!
  • Mark and recall, along with dungeon recall ( for some instances ).
  • The expansion of the Blood Shoals quest with new areas to explore: Xol Akmul, Devilfish Hollow, and the Maria Celestia.
  • DOUBLOONS and Group Plunder Chests
  • A new Avery's Court
  • The Stagecoach in Cool Ranch which receives my prize for Best. Idea. Ever!!!
  • The Tower of Moo Manchu
  • Ship emblem change ( something players were begging for from the beginning )
  • Team-Up ( love it or hate it; it makes some of those OP dungeons survivable. )
  • The "No Trade Ban" was lifted on the items from the Tower ( TY to RB for this )
  • The introduction of the Black Market and scrip
  • Captain's quarters on ships
  • A new house - Smuggler's Cove and our first Housing Gauntlet.
  • Companions in our houses.
Now after all that, can we doubt that 2015 will bring us a story expansion? As my parents used to tell me whenever I complained how long it would be to summer vacation, my birthday or Christmas: "It'll come when it comes and not a moment sooner." And this is a reminder to myself as well when I begin feeling sad that there's nothing for me to do on my favorite game, just wait and it will come!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy, my fellow pirates! I was just wondering what came to us this past year in Pirate 101, I went back and checked update notes and newsletters and we sure did have a busy year! I'm a glass half full kind of gal so I thought I would share with you the exciting additions that came our way in 2014!
  • First we got two new bundles- the Empire Bundle and the ( elusive ) Hoodoo Bundle! We also saw a new pack come to the Crown Shop with six exciting companions! ( not to mention pets, but in the proper place )
  • In May we saw the introduction of Bestia and Advanced pets! So many new pets & hybrids with awesome powers and talents! Pets and mounts became housing items.
  • The expansion of the Blood Shoals quest with new areas to explore: Xol Akmul, Devilfish Hollow, and the Maria Celestia.
  • A new Avery's Court
  • Team-Up ( love it or hate it; it makes some of those OP dungeons survivable. )
  • The "No Trade Ban" was lifted on the items from the Tower ( TY to RB for this )
Now after all that, can we doubt that 2015 will bring us a story expansion? As my parents used to tell me whenever I complained how long it would be to summer vacation, my birthday or Christmas: "It'll come when it comes and not a moment sooner." And this is a reminder to myself as well when I begin feeling sad that there's nothing for me to do on my favorite game, just wait and it will come!
What a wonderful and well written recap. For all those that have been complaining that the devs have not been doing anything for us, just reading this will remind them how hard working the wonderful team has been to improve our favorite passtime. Thank you for all this and thank you KingsIsle for the year of wonderful surprises.

Captain
May 16, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 27, 2015 wrote:
  • A new Avery's Court
There's only one thing to say at this point.

This....

Is without a doubt.....

Probably....

The best series of side updates that KI could pull out of their sleeves. Including Wizard101.

Thank you, Kingsllse!

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Come on update!!! I feel it coming not a moment to spare getting blood coat

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Thanks for the recap. I would like a storyline expansion, it's over a year since the last storyline update.

Here is my wishlist for 2015 for the moment

1.Storyline expansion part 1-This storyline include two new worlds plus Valencia part 2. The two new world might be Krokotopia, mentioned at the character creation and at the end of Aquila. The next one might be Polaris, a highly anticipated world for both wizards and pirate.

Aquila> Krokotopia ? > Valencia 2 > Polaris ?

2.Storyline expansion part 2- Hopefully goes live by late September. Another 2 new worlds plus a Marylebone expansion or a Monquista expansion. This inculde Girzzlehim and the Mysterious Darkmoor.

Polaris ? >Girzzlehim ? > Monqustia/Marylebone 2 ? > Darkmoor ?

3.Add fishing, crafting and treasure hunting in Pirates. Why wizards get the fun stuff ? Treasure hunting to find rear gears, gold, scrips and if very lucky the elusive trophies. This activity is unique to pirates as in Gardening to wizards.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Jan 28, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the recap. I would like a storyline expansion, it's over a year since the last storyline update.

Here is my wishlist for 2015 for the moment

1.Storyline expansion part 1-This storyline include two new worlds plus Valencia part 2. The two new world might be Krokotopia, mentioned at the character creation and at the end of Aquila. The next one might be Polaris, a highly anticipated world for both wizards and pirate.

Aquila> Krokotopia ? > Valencia 2 > Polaris ?

2.Storyline expansion part 2- Hopefully goes live by late September. Another 2 new worlds plus a Marylebone expansion or a Monquista expansion. This inculde Girzzlehim and the Mysterious Darkmoor.

Polaris ? >Girzzlehim ? > Monqustia/Marylebone 2 ? > Darkmoor ?

3.Add fishing, crafting and treasure hunting in Pirates. Why wizards get the fun stuff ? Treasure hunting to find rear gears, gold, scrips and if very lucky the elusive trophies. This activity is unique to pirates as in Gardening to wizards.
I kinda want trapping and hunting by trapping I mean like instead of fish drop your traps to get crabs chance to get gold and scrip crab lobsters ya know