Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

A theory about our pirates parents

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
285
Greetings pirates! Today's theory is our pirates parents, are alive. Remember gortez? in his dungeon we talked to our parents through magic crystals. They said they were in el dorodo which as we know is not a place for dead people but a place full of gold.And why would a ghost be in a gold city eh? Furthermore if they were dead then why would a witch doctor not revive them? because you can't revive whats not dead.So our parents live.

Discuss please.Oh and tell your presidio companions about this.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
574
kingme655 on Jul 12, 2017 wrote:
Greetings pirates! Today's theory is our pirates parents, are alive. Remember gortez? in his dungeon we talked to our parents through magic crystals. They said they were in el dorodo which as we know is not a place for dead people but a place full of gold.And why would a ghost be in a gold city eh? Furthermore if they were dead then why would a witch doctor not revive them? because you can't revive whats not dead.So our parents live.

Discuss please.Oh and tell your presidio companions about this.
Sorry man, but they said "Find our grave, we're waiting for you!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9859
kingme655 on Jul 12, 2017 wrote:
Greetings pirates! Today's theory is our pirates parents, are alive. Remember gortez? in his dungeon we talked to our parents through magic crystals. They said they were in el dorodo which as we know is not a place for dead people but a place full of gold.And why would a ghost be in a gold city eh? Furthermore if they were dead then why would a witch doctor not revive them? because you can't revive whats not dead.So our parents live.

Discuss please.Oh and tell your presidio companions about this.
They specifically say : "Find our graves we are waiting for you." they didn't say they were in El Dorado. Why would living people need graves?
Would you, as a Witchdoctor, revive your parents into undead zombies? They're dead, you can't revive them into full life.

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
22
I also think our parents are alive in El dorado; and the solid gold island referred to in the description of El dorado is a metaphor for the value we place in finding our parents.

Other "people" who are alive: Phule, Queeny and The Machine. Could they be working in collusion?

Maybe one day we will actually get an update that furthers the story, and we'll be able to find out, but I am not holding my breath.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
285
anecorbie on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
They specifically say : "Find our graves we are waiting for you." they didn't say they were in El Dorado. Why would living people need graves?
Would you, as a Witchdoctor, revive your parents into undead zombies? They're dead, you can't revive them into full life.
Yes I would revive them into zombies since that is better then them not being their at all. And as for why they have graves, I think most people have their graves built before they die so they would just be their since it was in el dorodo. And they said "shining city, el dorodo, the key to el dorodo, find us, we are waiting" also our parent's spirits don't say that their graves are in El Dorado. They say we need to visit their graves to get the key to El Dorado. I'm assuming this is referring to their part of the map. Which again, they can be alive with graves.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
285
Also our parents might be, kane and queen.What a twist that would be!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
kingme655 on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
Also our parents might be, kane and queen.What a twist that would be!
They couldn't be Kane and Queen becuase

A: one of their deaths are that they were killed by the armada

B: Mutiny is another death and I think dead mike would know if they became Kane and Queen

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9859
kingme655 on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
Also our parents might be, kane and queen.What a twist that would be!
No they aren't Kane & Queen, this has already been revealed in Valencia2.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9859
kingme655 on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
Yes I would revive them into zombies since that is better then them not being their at all. And as for why they have graves, I think most people have their graves built before they die so they would just be their since it was in el dorodo. And they said "shining city, el dorodo, the key to el dorodo, find us, we are waiting" also our parent's spirits don't say that their graves are in El Dorado. They say we need to visit their graves to get the key to El Dorado. I'm assuming this is referring to their part of the map. Which again, they can be alive with graves.
I would rather my parents be dead that face a undead mockery of who they were. They're dead, end of story.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
574
kingme655 on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
Yes I would revive them into zombies since that is better then them not being their at all. And as for why they have graves, I think most people have their graves built before they die so they would just be their since it was in el dorodo. And they said "shining city, el dorodo, the key to el dorodo, find us, we are waiting" also our parent's spirits don't say that their graves are in El Dorado. They say we need to visit their graves to get the key to El Dorado. I'm assuming this is referring to their part of the map. Which again, they can be alive with graves.
Why would they have graves if they were alive? Also, Presidio and the tutorial confirm this false.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
285
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
They couldn't be Kane and Queen becuase

A: one of their deaths are that they were killed by the armada

B: Mutiny is another death and I think dead mike would know if they became Kane and Queen
Their rouge clones died not them

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
22
As in all works of fiction, until you see the bodies, nobody is dead; and even when you see the bodies, the writers may pull some deus ex machina to revive them.

It is too early to assert they are dead.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9859
@ both kingme & Pindrop:
How far have you played in this game? If you were in Aquila, did you do the quest called "The Temple Round"? If you did then you heard Hades tell us : "Two spirits shun the Underworld, you are destined to meet them."
Then your Presidio companion says something like, "Those are your parents, captain."
SPIRITS as in the souls of your dead parents.
Nothing indicates that our parents had clones that died in their place. Where the heck did that come from? Is there even any thing in this game that shows that clones are possible?
I'm hoping that KI is more original than using that tired, old trope of: "Oops, guess who's alive!"

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
22
anecorbie on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
@ both kingme & Pindrop:
How far have you played in this game? If you were in Aquila, did you do the quest called "The Temple Round"? If you did then you heard Hades tell us : "Two spirits shun the Underworld, you are destined to meet them."
Then your Presidio companion says something like, "Those are your parents, captain."
SPIRITS as in the souls of your dead parents.
Nothing indicates that our parents had clones that died in their place. Where the heck did that come from? Is there even any thing in this game that shows that clones are possible?
I'm hoping that KI is more original than using that tired, old trope of: "Oops, guess who's alive!"
Finished it.

My point stands.

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
22
anecorbie on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
@ both kingme & Pindrop:
How far have you played in this game? If you were in Aquila, did you do the quest called "The Temple Round"? If you did then you heard Hades tell us : "Two spirits shun the Underworld, you are destined to meet them."
Then your Presidio companion says something like, "Those are your parents, captain."
SPIRITS as in the souls of your dead parents.
Nothing indicates that our parents had clones that died in their place. Where the heck did that come from? Is there even any thing in this game that shows that clones are possible?
I'm hoping that KI is more original than using that tired, old trope of: "Oops, guess who's alive!"
You have not refuted any of my points. It would be easier id you accepted my correct point as correct, and stopped trying to score points.

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
67
anecorbie on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
@ both kingme & Pindrop:
How far have you played in this game? If you were in Aquila, did you do the quest called "The Temple Round"? If you did then you heard Hades tell us : "Two spirits shun the Underworld, you are destined to meet them."
Then your Presidio companion says something like, "Those are your parents, captain."
SPIRITS as in the souls of your dead parents.
Nothing indicates that our parents had clones that died in their place. Where the heck did that come from? Is there even any thing in this game that shows that clones are possible?
I'm hoping that KI is more original than using that tired, old trope of: "Oops, guess who's alive!"
Argumentum ad nauseam

Please stop, it answers none of the points above.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Pin Drop on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
Finished it.

My point stands.
The quest she mentions is a side quest which I myself have completed.

If you don't side quest your probably haven't come across the piece of evidence she is mentioning.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9859
Pin Drop on Jul 15, 2017 wrote:
Finished it.

My point stands.
I won't continue this argument further, believe as you wish. ( I'm still right. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9859
Chinspinner on Jul 16, 2017 wrote:
Argumentum ad nauseam

Please stop, it answers none of the points above.
It does answer points because it's direct proof of our parents being dead. You don't like what I said because it corrects their misconception.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
1465
Pin Drop on Jul 16, 2017 wrote:
You have not refuted any of my points. It would be easier id you accepted my correct point as correct, and stopped trying to score points.
"Your fake news!" - Donald Trump

How about we settle it half way and say that in this work of fiction where the laws for death aren't crystal clear we just say that the writers could pull any twists and turns and our parents being alive would allow the game to be more child-friendly

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9859
Pin Drop on Jul 16, 2017 wrote:
You have not refuted any of my points. It would be easier id you accepted my correct point as correct, and stopped trying to score points.
The only point you had was that in works of fiction, writers will "revive" a character - that's not a point it's a speculation.
Everything in this game points to our parents being dead - even Dead Mike's Rogue's Gallery flat out says they died!
Nothing indicates that our parents may be alive. You want to take examples from literature? There's a device called Foreshadowing by which the writer gives clues to future events. Nothing like this has happened in the game like that.
You have no "point" to stand on. ( And I'm still right. )

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
524
"Our" parents is actually the most annoying part of the game for me. In a macroscopic view 5 000 000+ pirates have the same parents (at least our mother anyway confirmed by that el dorado photograph), yet each claim that their parents died in 1 of 5 ways. Lol then again with this logic Kane would have died a few million times as well. Nonetheless our parents are alive in some plane of existence, though the odds indicate that this plane is likely not of the spiral. Perhaps this plane is where Kane's essence went to? And if Kane does return from said plane, which is highly possible, then perhaps our parents can too?

Anyways I do secretly wish our parents are the real anti-heroes of the game. That would be amazing. Imagine if they thought we would destroy the curse/monster whatever is in El Dorado, but we in fact become "Evil" chosen one cause we are the curse and everyone we love tries to defeat us, but our evil is too strong and we destroy everything, but then the good in us comes out and it becomes a 1v1 between you and evil you in spirit form and then you try and find out what caused the curse and see 2 black silhouette wizardly figures in the distance (then flashback to mom and dad). Then the spiral holds you guilty for such chaos, and you are exiled. Your crew stays with you because they are loyal. You journey to find the dark wizards who you believe to be your parents, and why they had to place the curse on you... and excuse my inchorent 2am rambling I think I will stop there cause I make no sense.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9859
Golden Guardian on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
"Our" parents is actually the most annoying part of the game for me. In a macroscopic view 5 000 000+ pirates have the same parents (at least our mother anyway confirmed by that el dorado photograph), yet each claim that their parents died in 1 of 5 ways. Lol then again with this logic Kane would have died a few million times as well. Nonetheless our parents are alive in some plane of existence, though the odds indicate that this plane is likely not of the spiral. Perhaps this plane is where Kane's essence went to? And if Kane does return from said plane, which is highly possible, then perhaps our parents can too?

Anyways I do secretly wish our parents are the real anti-heroes of the game. That would be amazing. Imagine if they thought we would destroy the curse/monster whatever is in El Dorado, but we in fact become "Evil" chosen one cause we are the curse and everyone we love tries to defeat us, but our evil is too strong and we destroy everything, but then the good in us comes out and it becomes a 1v1 between you and evil you in spirit form and then you try and find out what caused the curse and see 2 black silhouette wizardly figures in the distance (then flashback to mom and dad). Then the spiral holds you guilty for such chaos, and you are exiled. Your crew stays with you because they are loyal. You journey to find the dark wizards who you believe to be your parents, and why they had to place the curse on you... and excuse my inchorent 2am rambling I think I will stop there cause I make no sense.
Not your clearest thinking, Golden Guardian & ick! nooooo!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
Golden Guardian on Jul 20, 2017 wrote:
"Our" parents is actually the most annoying part of the game for me. In a macroscopic view 5 000 000+ pirates have the same parents (at least our mother anyway confirmed by that el dorado photograph), yet each claim that their parents died in 1 of 5 ways. Lol then again with this logic Kane would have died a few million times as well. Nonetheless our parents are alive in some plane of existence, though the odds indicate that this plane is likely not of the spiral. Perhaps this plane is where Kane's essence went to? And if Kane does return from said plane, which is highly possible, then perhaps our parents can too?

Anyways I do secretly wish our parents are the real anti-heroes of the game. That would be amazing. Imagine if they thought we would destroy the curse/monster whatever is in El Dorado, but we in fact become "Evil" chosen one cause we are the curse and everyone we love tries to defeat us, but our evil is too strong and we destroy everything, but then the good in us comes out and it becomes a 1v1 between you and evil you in spirit form and then you try and find out what caused the curse and see 2 black silhouette wizardly figures in the distance (then flashback to mom and dad). Then the spiral holds you guilty for such chaos, and you are exiled. Your crew stays with you because they are loyal. You journey to find the dark wizards who you believe to be your parents, and why they had to place the curse on you... and excuse my inchorent 2am rambling I think I will stop there cause I make no sense.
To the "our" parents bit (and this might not make much sense; I apologize): I've always thought of the 101 games as being a bunch of overlapping parallel universes where each pirate (or wizard, but that's another story) is the focus of their own universe. That would mean each individual pirate is the pirate to defeat Kane, and all the other player pirates that pirate encounters are just there as ordinary pirates. Essentially there's only one pirate that has a wild destiny and dead parents, and infinite universes where that pirate is slightly different in appearance and history, and these all overlap so that one pirate could see him or herself from the other universe but that other self is just an ordinary pirate with no destiny and potentially living parents.

I explained that badly. Whatever.

As for us being evil, I almost hope our pirate starts making more bad decisions (war, theft, real pirating, stuff that makes the crew raise an eyebrow) in arc 2. I would really like to see a nod to Dark Link from Ocarina of Time in the form of a 1v1 battle against our pirate's evil self at the end, especially if it had all of our same powers and talents. Defeating it would set up the next arc. Or, the fight could take a turn like Brave Story and force our pirate to come to terms with their previous decisions and accept the darkness/evil/hatred/etc. within them. Tying that in with the parents wouldn't be too difficult; they'd want to help their kid make amends and send them off with some cryptic spirit-babble that would inevitably lead to another epic enemy to defeat and another saving of the Spiral to make up for almost being a villain in the previous arc.

And really, at some point we should probably put our parents' spirits to rest. They deserve it, don't they?

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
33
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 18, 2017 wrote:
"Your fake news!" - Donald Trump

How about we settle it half way and say that in this work of fiction where the laws for death aren't crystal clear we just say that the writers could pull any twists and turns and our parents being alive would allow the game to be more child-friendly
Its not fake news it is alternative facts(which is the same as a lie).