Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A new companion?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
My pirating comrades, in today's special 12 Days of the Spiral offer, we have the Super Crowns offer, which first of all, is AWESOME!! Secondly, off on the right side of the screen, there appears to be a giant, walking Christmas tree golem, sort of designed off of the Wood Guardian in Maruzame Castle in Mooshu, and too nicely made to be a pet or enemy. Also, it can't be a mount, as I see no place to sit lol! Finally, it ain't a housing item from my point of view. I am guessing this is a new companion......maybe. What do you all think?

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
That's a treant, I think its there as art decoration, it doesn't have the look of either concept art or a finished 3-dimentional character. But I could be wrong and I like the idea of the treant better than Prince Yuletide or the Yule trog companions.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
That's a treant, I think its there as art decoration, it doesn't have the look of either concept art or a finished 3-dimentional character. But I could be wrong and I like the idea of the treant better than Prince Yuletide or the Yule trog companions.
Remember, they displayed the Ostrich in a Pear Tree pet in the upper right hand corner of the 12 Days of the Spiral page before it was released. Maybe in a couple of days this guy will pop up in the crowns shop.

But......I would be 'fir'ious if nothing came of this interesting find! And yeah, I think having a Christmas Treant would be kind of neat as a companion! Now.....what class would this guy be? I am thinking Priva'tree'r!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, I'm sure you'll be pine - ing away for that companion and arboreal right behind you!

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Yes I too hope it's all fir naught. It does look like a cool addition to the spiral hope it doesn't leaf us wanting

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Woop! Holiday Treant companion & Reindeer mount! I have got to have the treant ( if only to have him wander around my Christmas decorated room!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Yep!! We have a new companion!!

Holiday Treant: Starts with Turn the Tide 1 and Blade Storm 1. Can learn 4 other Epics, and can learn 13 Talents. He is HUGE. He stands taller than the Helephant companion, and his moves are EXACTLY the same as the Wood Guardian or any other Treant that you may fight. Cost: 3995 Crowns.

I gave my Treant: Dodge 4, Accurate 4, Tough 4, and Rough 1. I gave him the Epics: Vengeance Strike 2, Riposte 1, and Second Chance 1.

Epics he can be taught: Blade Storm, Vengeance Strike, Riposte, Second Chance, and Hold the Line.

Overall usefulness: HIGH. This guy is a TANK. Just buff him up and watch him go. Pair him up with Goronado or Baar in the Tower of Moo Manchu, and they could easily cover for you. Also, he is designed very well!!

Other news: The Reindeer mount was released with him! I didn't buy it, but it sure looks like fun!! I bought the Humbug mount, and he is awesome!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Now these be worth spending our loot got to get me one of those yarr.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
warriorscreed on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
My pirating comrades, in today's special 12 Days of the Spiral offer, we have the Super Crowns offer, which first of all, is AWESOME!! Secondly, off on the right side of the screen, there appears to be a giant, walking Christmas tree golem, sort of designed off of the Wood Guardian in Maruzame Castle in Mooshu, and too nicely made to be a pet or enemy. Also, it can't be a mount, as I see no place to sit lol! Finally, it ain't a housing item from my point of view. I am guessing this is a new companion......maybe. What do you all think?
Maybe its a candy cane sword wielding swashbuckler!