Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A mutinous crew?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This post was inspired by Durante, in which he asked "What would happen if the possibility of mutiny was added to the game?"
So I ask you, fellow pirates; which of your crew members would be most likely to start a mutiny and why.

I nominate Ratbeard and Tricky Vinnie in the role of chief conspirators in a mutiny because - 1. Has Ratbeard truly reformed? He's a pirate type, treachery is part of being a pirate.
2. Tricky Vinnie would want a bigger slice of the action ( and gold ).
Would Fan join in? She's a 'rather famous thief'. An offer of extra gold might sway her loyalty.

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
This is not a quest companion, but I think the cutthroat from the bundle would do it, being the thug type.

Petty Officer
Jun 13, 2013
I think the most loyal crew member is dead mike, especially since he is bound for life and survived the mutiny against your parents.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
This post was inspired by Durante, in which he asked "What would happen if the possibility of mutiny was added to the game?"
So I ask you, fellow pirates; which of your crew members would be most likely to start a mutiny and why.

I nominate Ratbeard and Tricky Vinnie in the role of chief conspirators in a mutiny because - 1. Has Ratbeard truly reformed? He's a pirate type, treachery is part of being a pirate.
Would Fan join in? She's a 'rather famous thief'. An offer of extra gold might sway her loyalty.
Here are my nominations:

1: Monkey King: When he figures out that the Crown of Command can be taken off.......he'll probably betray us. Or, he may stick with us, as he seems keen for an adventure.

2: Wing Chun: He keeps saying that he could do EVERYTHING that I can't do. Maybe that false thought will start a rebellion, and then I will need to cook his goose!

3: Prince Yulefest: If you take a look at his moves, and how many people have said that he's the closest we'll ever get to an Armada companion......that gets you thinking. Is he just a wooden version of an Armada soldier, made to be a spy? These facts are troubling.

4: Ratbeard: For most of the same reasons as what anecorbie listed. However, you do realize he has put his old ways and his old ghosts to rest, right? He may be a nefarious rodent, but he does offer advice and plans on how to succeed at any given mission.

5: Yakooza companion: Your pirate is RICH. Yakooza steal from the rich to give to the poor, so what's to stop a MASSIVE brute like him from taking your gold reserves?

COMPANIONS THAT WON'T BETRAY YOU:

1: Bonnie Anne: She's a girl of her word. She's as loyal as Lucky Jack Russell! She's probably the equivalent of the player pirate's foster mother while you are on your adventure!

2: ANY Samoorai: They are loyal and honorable, and if you take a look in real life, Samurai followed a code of honor, sacrifice, and obedience. The Samoorai would sooner put down a mutiny than start one!

3: Ninja Pig: He is an assassin, but he is just like the Samoorai. Loyal and obedient to his master, his missions may risk his life, but that thought never gets in the way, as he is devoted to his master/captain.

4: Rooster Cogburn: He is out to enforce the law, and since that is what your pirate is doing, he will stay with you. If a mutiny occurs, expect him to have all the masterminds of it in handcuffs within the afternoon.

5: Lucky Jack Russell: He knows you're the closest thing he has to his old captains, your parents. He couldn't bear it if you were to be killed in a munity, and he would sooner give his life for you stopping a rebellion than start a rebellion.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:

I'd have to agree with you on Ol' Ratty...although I only see him successfully carrying out a mutiny by completely accidental and innocent boneheadedness. I don't think he'd try at all to mastermind one, but he just may accidently blow up the entire crew, excluding himself, thus leaving the ship and riches all to himself. So, you could say it would be a mutiny by default.

Out of all of my companions, I'd say Finn Dorsal would be the most likely culprit to start a mutiny. I don't trust that Cutthroat at all and would not even leave him alone with a golden retriever. His favorite show is even The Golden Girls...favorite actor- Lou Diamond Phillips...favorite country singers- Big and Rich!...favorite cartoon growing up, yep you guessed it- Jem! (I know, he doesn't spell very well or know any different). You should just see the way he looks at Valkoor's Emerald Budgies. When sent out on the companion task Plunderin', I'm positive he's just taking from Valkoor's pockets...and keeping a good bit for himself. And he's never brought back a pet while Pet Wranglin' but it sure peaks my suspicions at how I've seen him eating giant, hard boiled eggs a time or two!

I don't think Valkoor would have to worry about Hawkules organizing a mutiny, because he only speaks to and about himself. "I am the son of a God"..."Hawkules wishes to start a mutiny"..."The son of a God is speaking to Hawkules!-- Hawkules hears you!" So, the rest of the crew wouldn't really think he was ever talking to them and no mutiny would ever unfold.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
An excellent idea for a thread. I would have to go with Monkey King... because he's bored.

Ratbeard, I don't think so. For one thing, every time he suggests we blow something up, we do it. So, him we are keeping entertained.

-Indigo

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
My crew is the most loyal gang of pirates I could wish to have. However, I think the companion I have in my last slot might be plotting something. This crewmate is Shadow Hair. I haven't used him for over year and I think he might be starting to get ticked off.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
warriorscreed on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Here are my nominations:

1: Monkey King: When he figures out that the Crown of Command can be taken off.......he'll probably betray us. Or, he may stick with us, as he seems keen for an adventure.

2: Wing Chun: He keeps saying that he could do EVERYTHING that I can't do. Maybe that false thought will start a rebellion, and then I will need to cook his goose!

3: Prince Yulefest: If you take a look at his moves, and how many people have said that he's the closest we'll ever get to an Armada companion......that gets you thinking. Is he just a wooden version of an Armada soldier, made to be a spy? These facts are troubling.

4: Ratbeard: For most of the same reasons as what anecorbie listed. However, you do realize he has put his old ways and his old ghosts to rest, right? He may be a nefarious rodent, but he does offer advice and plans on how to succeed at any given mission.

5: Yakooza companion: Your pirate is RICH. Yakooza steal from the rich to give to the poor, so what's to stop a MASSIVE brute like him from taking your gold reserves?

1: Bonnie Anne: She's a girl of her word. She's as loyal as Lucky Jack Russell! She's probably the equivalent of the player pirate's foster mother while you are on your adventure!

2: ANY Samoorai: They are loyal and honorable, and if you take a look in real life, Samurai followed a code of honor, sacrifice, and obedience. The Samoorai would sooner put down a mutiny than start one!

3: Ninja Pig: He is an assassin, but he is just like the Samoorai. Loyal and obedient to his master, his missions may risk his life, but that thought never gets in the way, as he is devoted to his master/captain.

4: Rooster Cogburn: He is out to enforce the law, and since that is what your pirate is doing, he will stay with you. If a mutiny occurs, expect him to have all the masterminds of it in handcuffs within the afternoon.

5: Lucky Jack Russell: He knows you're the closest thing he has to his old captains, your parents. He couldn't bear it if you were to be killed in a munity, and he would sooner give his life for you stopping a rebellion than start a rebellion.
A side note regarding the Yakooza:

The Yakooza are based off of the Japanese crime syndicate the Yakuza (if you didn't already know that). They are not necessarily Robin Hoods, but they try to make sure that those under their protection are safe and content. In return, the gangsters will get some sort of tribute from the territory that they are protecting. It's a mutual partnership.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I knew that the eject button will be handy some day, when one of our crew will double cross our main character(s) well a few to be exact. This will be an interesting, twist to the game. Here are my 5 picks in my opinon.

1.Captain Avery-Could this be the Ultimate Mutiny ?

2.Ratbeard- For a very good reason, he double crossed our Skull Karken Companion. None is more upset than our friend Sarah Steel you will find out, when you defeat the boss in the volcano. Also he got an issue with Catbeard during a quest. But so far he is been honest to our main character. Who knows what will happen when he will change his mind.

3.Fin Dorsal-Is this a mistake, that we hired this shark ? Anyway, he was a major boss during the early part of our adventure and tires to make a deal with the armada clockworks. Who Knows what happen on the next chapter of the storyline,with this shark.

4.Dr. Nu- This goat soccer from Moo Shu, is one bad goat. What other plans he got in store for our pirate,when we are not looking ? I would like to see him try to do something funny.

5.Tricky Viny- I would say, this frog might have something else in mind.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
warriorscreed on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
Here are my nominations:

Aye I agree with ye about Jack

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I trust me whole crew with me life, if ol' Ratbeard can be reformed then any other ex-villain can be, if they join me crew then I be willing trust them not to start a mutiny.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
Probably Monkey King, who knows where he'll go if we take that crown inside his helmet off.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 22