Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Musketeer's Secondary Class?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Hullo pirates! My musketeer is level 55 with an extra practice point. I bought all the talents and powers you can get from Vadima and the talents and powers up to Rouse from the Commodore. Oh, and also Peaceful 3 from Morgan Lafitte.

Now, I wonder what other talents and powers I can get with this extra practice point, including future extra points. I don't want to spend it on something that wouldn't benefit me is a musketeer, such as light and heavy armor or slashy/smashy/stabby weapons. I don't really want Calm the Troops and Refresh because I rarely fight in combat with companions that don't have Agility as their main base. So a Will buff wouldn't do me much good. Refresh doesn't really give you and your team much of a heal, which I personally think is a waste of a round; the enemy can take it all back (and more) in that same round when it's their turn.

Or should I just keep them if a future update has new classes to buy with training points similar to the sun/star/moon spells in Wizard101? Ah, those spells are great! It would be nice to have a "piratey" version of those. Hmmm...

Sorry, back on track. Is there any other talent/power I should get for my musketeer?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
435Snow Owl on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Hullo pirates! My musketeer is level 55 with an extra practice point. I bought all the talents and powers you can get from Vadima and the talents and powers up to Rouse from the Commodore. Oh, and also Peaceful 3 from Morgan Lafitte.

Now, I wonder what other talents and powers I can get with this extra practice point, including future extra points. I don't want to spend it on something that wouldn't benefit me is a musketeer, such as light and heavy armor or slashy/smashy/stabby weapons. I don't really want Calm the Troops and Refresh because I rarely fight in combat with companions that don't have Agility as their main base. So a Will buff wouldn't do me much good. Refresh doesn't really give you and your team much of a heal, which I personally think is a waste of a round; the enemy can take it all back (and more) in that same round when it's their turn.

Or should I just keep them if a future update has new classes to buy with training points similar to the sun/star/moon spells in Wizard101? Ah, those spells are great! It would be nice to have a "piratey" version of those. Hmmm...

Sorry, back on track. Is there any other talent/power I should get for my musketeer?
You may think Refresh is no good and wastes a round, but I have found that being able to heal more than one companion ( instead of trying to decide which companion is going to make it to the next round ) is very helpful.
Besides you may not be close enough to heal a companion who needs it and refresh has full range.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
435Snow Owl on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:

I have a couple extra too and I am saving them for when things update.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
You may think Refresh is no good and wastes a round, but I have found that being able to heal more than one companion ( instead of trying to decide which companion is going to make it to the next round ) is very helpful.
Besides you may not be close enough to heal a companion who needs it and refresh has full range.
Good reasons. Although, I make absolute sure my companions and I don't separate. Splitting up has always been a bad idea, not just in movies. To me, I still think the cons outweigh the pros. Besides, one of my pets gives a Regroup card that can make up for not having Refresh. More health and an extra training point to spend on something else, win win!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
I have a couple extra too and I am saving them for when things update.
Great! I'm not the only one!