A Lot of Parties and Roleplays

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
359
Could we, ya know, kinda calm down on them? The party and roleplay threads?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
Whatever for They are a great way for us to get to know each other and to enjoy each other's talents. If you don't like a particular post topic you are free to skip past it. That is the reason they have subject lines, so you can see what will interest you.

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
Could we, ya know, kinda calm down on them? The party and roleplay threads?
I agree that it's getting a little bit out of hand... I thought three was plenty much for role plays, and I'm getting confused with all the parties. Eep.

Ciao!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
267
Evan, if you think that they're too much, then you don't have to read them. Each of the roleplays serve the strengths of different writers. For instance, the wizard-pirate creativity of Roleplay V and the character build and progression of Roleplay IV. If you think that there are too many, then you are free to think that. If that kind of thing isn't for you, as Chrissy said, then you don't have to care.
The parties, too - you don't have to attend them all. I'm rather choosy when it comes to my events. I have a schedule that I must stick to and I want to have quality time with my friends where I know things won't take a turn for the worse. If I can't attend, then I'm alright with it. I know how it feels to want to catch 'em all, but - realistically - that can't always happen. Hope you can chew on that for a little.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
359
DS Devereaux on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Evan, if you think that they're too much, then you don't have to read them. Each of the roleplays serve the strengths of different writers. For instance, the wizard-pirate creativity of Roleplay V and the character build and progression of Roleplay IV. If you think that there are too many, then you are free to think that. If that kind of thing isn't for you, as Chrissy said, then you don't have to care.
The parties, too - you don't have to attend them all. I'm rather choosy when it comes to my events. I have a schedule that I must stick to and I want to have quality time with my friends where I know things won't take a turn for the worse. If I can't attend, then I'm alright with it. I know how it feels to want to catch 'em all, but - realistically - that can't always happen. Hope you can chew on that for a little.
Sorry if it sounded like I don't like them. I haven't attended any of the parties and can't remember or seem to organize what is going on. I personally keep to Roleplay III because it's all too much to handle. It just all seems unorganized (sorry for being OCD )

Also, Jack, you can close this thread.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
1190
Pirates in the Sky on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
Sorry if it sounded like I don't like them. I haven't attended any of the parties and can't remember or seem to organize what is going on. I personally keep to Roleplay III because it's all too much to handle. It just all seems unorganized (sorry for being OCD )

Also, Jack, you can close this thread.
It's true, Evan, the roleplays are kind of unorganized -- this is to be expected when the participants are trying to figure out how it all works and what rules apply as you go along. I expect in the future, some sort of organization may occur, but it will require considerable patience, as conversation on the Message Boards is by necessity a slow process. However, while imperfect, it still seems to be something that works, even in this rather messy beginning stage. And the roleplays are inclusive of everyone who can participate on the Message Boards, which I think is a good thing for community interaction.

I get confused too and do not always know what is going on, but I can give you an idea of some of the plots that are going on right now, and others can fill you in for the ones I don't particularly know (or have forgotten in my short list)
(1) "Roleplay!" (aka 'Tea Leaves of DOOM')
Starts with the premise of Emma, a musketeer and pirate captain, is grounded by Avery, but slipped some help on the side (the other players) in case she ignores her prohibition -- which she does! Going to Mooshu, Emma and company are ambushed in a warehouse by a lot of Ninja Pigs under the direction of a samoorai warrior. Upon being defeated, the samoorai gives them a cryptic warning. Soon after, Emma's highly sensitive senses regarding her beloved tea enable her to realize that the tea in the warehouse designated for illicit Marleybone trade (the only kind right now) is peculiar. An alchemist in Subata has confirmed that this tea has indeed been tampered with, and is just about to reveal his findings...

(2) "Roleplay II" (the Library of Sivella Quest)
A magically caused storm allows a group of pirates and some of their companions to sneak into Sivella, in order to find a rare book that will allow a certain code to be broken. They are intercepted by an Armada patrol, but assisted by two 'students' who help the pirates win the conflict. The students are actually pirates in undercover missions of their own. One of the students (Elizabeth) takes the seekers into a secret room, and is able to give them the book they need. As they attempt to sneak out of Sivella, however, Elizabeth is captured by the Armada. The others formulate rescue plans. When the rescuers find Elizabeth in the Armada prison, they find that she is facing a clockwork duplicate. With no time to decipher false from true, the rescuers take both, and escape the Armada thanks to a well planned diversion from the other 'student' (Scarlet). But now they have the problem of deciphering which is the true Elizabeth, and which is the false.

(but now I have to go; more later)

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Highlander Fox of ... on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
I agree that it's getting a little bit out of hand... I thought three was plenty much for role plays, and I'm getting confused with all the parties. Eep.

Ciao!
But as a side note, I agree with Chrissy and Des. They're very fun and a good way for us to get to know each other. Eep... I'm confuzzled now.

Ciao!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
DS Devereaux on Jul 29, 2013 wrote:
Evan, if you think that they're too much, then you don't have to read them. Each of the roleplays serve the strengths of different writers. For instance, the wizard-pirate creativity of Roleplay V and the character build and progression of Roleplay IV. If you think that there are too many, then you are free to think that. If that kind of thing isn't for you, as Chrissy said, then you don't have to care.
The parties, too - you don't have to attend them all. I'm rather choosy when it comes to my events. I have a schedule that I must stick to and I want to have quality time with my friends where I know things won't take a turn for the worse. If I can't attend, then I'm alright with it. I know how it feels to want to catch 'em all, but - realistically - that can't always happen. Hope you can chew on that for a little.
Congratulations on becoming Lieutenant DS Devereaux. If you would like a party I would love to host it at my Privateers house or at the local brawling hall to accommodate more PVPers but as the subject of too many parties is being tossed around I totally understand. Perhaps we could have one to commemorate the writers being honored at the KI blog? I could start a new link if you are interested. You, Anne & Nathan would be the ones to discuss as to whether you would like to be so honored.
So.....What say you?

Administrator
Closing thread at the request of the OP.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*