Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Challenge for Pirates New and Old

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Hello! Today I was questing on my witchdoctor and as I left the ancient ruins about to face off against Gortez in the concluding fight to Book 2 I was struck with an idea. I decided to time how long the dungeon took me and see how quickly it could be accomplished and I ended up having tons of fun mainly because there are so many little things you can do to save time and only 2 battles are required.

I timed the segments as this:

Defeated Ordaz: 1:20.53
Collected all spider eggs: 3:18.96
Crystal section finished: 3:56.01
Gortez "phase 1" finished: 9:02.1
Ending Dialogue finished: 12:24.44

There were a lot of little things I messed up during this and the time could have gone much lower. I was wondering if any of you pirates out there would like to give this a shot. For purposes of making runs easy to compare time starts when you move and stops when the ending dialogue finishes. If possible specific times like the ones above should be included, but that doesn't matter much.

If anything, i'd like to see someone try to get a run that is under 10 minutes. So, if your bored of the game and looking for something to do, give this a shot and see what time you can get.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Update: I just did a solo run on my buccaneer and demolished my time getting a 7:31.78

Segments:

Defeated Ordaz: 0:41.78
Collected all spider eggs: 2:15.63
Crystal section finished: 2:53.21
Gortez "phase 1" finished: 6:07.99
All end of battle chests collected: 7:31.78

Since under 10 minutes ended up being much easier to accomplish than I first imagined, my new goal to set is for someone to get under 7 minutes. I also realized the ending dialogue only triggers if you are playing on a character who has never done the dungeon before, so now I stopped the timer when I had collected all the chests from the end of the battle. And finally, for purposes of fairness it should be specified whether the dungeon was done solo or co-op.

That's all I really have to say and I am really excited to see what times people get if anyone tries this out. See you in the spiral!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Hi! This post isnt getting that much attention but I thought I would update it once again because I got an under 7 minute time.

Segments:

Defeated Ordaz: 0:43.76
Collected all spider eggs: 2:12.61
Crystal section finished: 2:44.15
Gortez "phase 1" finished: 6:00.44
All end of battle chests collected: 6:58.9

Seeing as I did it in under 7 minutes, Im going to set one final goal for myself to get it under 6:30. If I ever get this I will probably be done doing these runs. Not much else to really say so I guess ill end it here.

See you in the spiral!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
I might try this later. if I do, I will let you know the results.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Great post, Alex! I will try doing this and I'll let you know what results I get from it. A good Pirate always loves challenges, eh?

Diverteix-Te,
Et veuré a Skyways!