Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Buccaneer Smashes in!? (A welcome back thread?)

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
*puts down 3DS* Ok now that I made that reference it's time to start the thread XD

Anyways I am back (I guess? o.o) and decided instead of finishing Aquila with my wonderful swashy (Fan Flanders+ Sarah Steele+ El Toro team ftw) I will be focusing on my (Level 20, almost 21 as of this post)

Anyways I was curious on what weapons you suggest I pick up for my 's future.

Specifically every 10 levels or so I want to upgrade his weapon. (Note Smashy and/or Slashy weapons are good as he has slashy talents from The Commodore.) I would prefer a mix of both to benefit even more from the talents.

Level 25+: ???
Level 35+: ???
Level 45+: Friar Sand's Unyielding Hirigana (Still need to farm Friar for one)
Level 55+: ???
Level 60+: Axe of the Minotaur Lord (He already has one from my swashy's first run through the labyrinth and the axe of the minotaur lord is AMAZING)

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on May 2, 2015 wrote:
*puts down 3DS* Ok now that I made that reference it's time to start the thread XD

Anyways I am back (I guess? o.o) and decided instead of finishing Aquila with my wonderful swashy (Fan Flanders+ Sarah Steele+ El Toro team ftw) I will be focusing on my (Level 20, almost 21 as of this post)

Specifically every 10 levels or so I want to upgrade his weapon. (Note Smashy and/or Slashy weapons are good as he has slashy talents from The Commodore.) I would prefer a mix of both to benefit even more from the talents.

Level 60+: Axe of the Minotaur Lord (He already has one from my swashy's first run through the labyrinth and the axe of the minotaur lord is AMAZING)
So i would recomend every 5 levels get a new one each time for more damage (unless it comes with a really good power or is stronger than the ones you are looking at.) So I would say quest and bazaar gear is the best until you get to that friar sand weapon level 55 use a dragoon greatsword or friar sand (depends if you like the power) Good luck

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on May 2, 2015 wrote:

Welcome back to the boards Rachel, good to see you again!

As far as weapons to use as you groom your buccaneer towards becoming max...I'd say any weapon with high damage that also gains a boost from Strength. As well as one that takes advantage of your Bucc's training and training point(s) usage, in order to get those added damage boost points.

If you use your Strength buffing powers- any high damage, current pirate level, boosted by Strength, damage boosted by training, type of weapon is easily going to get the job done. If you're going for looks and extra powers, well you can always check out the Pirate101 Wiki (good for viewing weapon types and stats) and/or do some stitching. Or check out Swordroll's Illustrated Guide to Unique Boss Gear . It doesn't provide the weapons levels or stats but if you're going for stitching to get a cool looking weapon, it's a great reference guide.

Again, welcome back to ye!

Oh, and I certainly agree about the Axe of the Minotaur Lords....AMAZING INDEED!!! Good luck and happy posting to you!