Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

9/11 Ceremony 2018.

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
If you remember for the past few years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well. Well now it's time for this years 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

Wizard101

Pirate101

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come. It's also to honor all of those first responders who helped save a ton of additional lives as well also.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is march around part of Skull Island on foot, starting from Circus Maximus & eventually ending in in my in-game house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony & also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Vadima. Also, as suggested by a reader there will be a special show match at the march's end this year to represent the struggle the soldiers faced in defending their homeland. This will take place shortly after arrival to the house & before the closing speeches begin.

The Path

Circus Maximus -> Bestia -> Avery's Court -> Skull Mountain -> Skull Cave -> Skull Island (Zone) -> Ancient Tunnels -> Skull Island Docks.

The reason it's only the Free to Play areas is so more people can attend and participate in the event.

Rules

1. Mounts are forbidden, the exception being if you get lost, but once you catch up dismount.
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though a dark or light color is preferred.
3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents Life and Remembrance like a North Wind Lion, Celestial Dragon or Ostrich in a Pear Tree for example. Wands and badges follow this same rule.
4. No cursing or foul language.
5. No rude, mean or disrespectful behavior.
6. All standard rules apply.
7. Stay with the group as much as you can.
8. Listen to me and my Helpers.
9. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
10. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of who they are. Just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
11. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
12. You must have access to at least these areas of Skull Island.
13. At least have Text Chat so you can hear what everyone is saying.
14. If you would like to speak then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list. This way it's all organized.
15. Have fun.

Date And Times

Saturday, September 8, 2018.
3:30 PM PST
4:30 PM MST
5:30 PM CST
6:30 PM EST

TBC

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Why Am I Hosting This?
The reason I’m hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they’re gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts and minds.
Extra Notes
I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above.
I also will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 2-3 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you’re interested in helping me out, either post here or send me a message here on the 101 Central fansites.
For Guest Speakers, they will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they’re done, if there’s still enough time left (and if people aren’t getting too impatient) then we’ll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Send me a message either here or on the 101 Central fansites if you’re interested in becoming a Guest Speaker for this event.
The reason I'm having the end be hosted at my house is so everything can be more controlled, as over the years of hosting this I’ve noticed that while hosting this in a public location is nice it’s too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my house I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking people who try to act up.
I know some might think I’m being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I’m honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they’ll always be in our hearts and minds forever.
Also, if you’d like to take pictures and/or videos of this event, then please feel free to do so as well. Just credit me for the event if you post them elsewhere.
Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.
Host: flash33 (Seth)
Helpers:
Guest Speakers:

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
UPDATE: Pirate101 Central member LuckyDuck (Cheerful Nancy) has volunteered to be a guest speaker for the event.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2015