Witchdoctors and Privateers in PVP

2
AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
noahdd on Mar 25, 2013 wrote:
Dude, or dudett I'm sorry, when I put that up I was angry.
Why? On this I was seeing people saying "Privateers are more powerful weaken them so we can beat them up!" you weren't saying that I know but I was angry.

I was a theurgist on Wizard101 and people everywhere were saying we were the weakest, that after a while got to me you see.

Please forgive me flarzedrago9 for my rash actions.

Merciful Noah David
No need to apologize. I understand your frustration, I've played W101 since it came out in 08 and I agree Life wizards have received the short end of the stick a lot.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
325
Lucas Walker on Mar 29, 2013 wrote:
No need to apologize. I understand your frustration, I've played W101 since it came out in 08 and I agree Life wizards have received the short end of the stick a lot.
Thanks.

Ensign
May 26, 2012
7
Witchdoctors dont need epic talents because they have so many spells as Ratbeard said in another thread. I am a Level 50 Witchdoctor and I can beat every class in PvP without losing that much health or any companions. I once beat 2 Level 50 at the same time ( a Privateer and Buccaneer). So Witchdoctors shouldn't be labeled as a weak class in PvP. All the classes are close to balanced in 1v1 or 2v2. When it gets to 3v3 and 4v4 that is when the unbalances start. Privateers need heals because that is what they do they are a support unit basically. Witchdoctors dont need epics as I explained at the top. Musketeers without their traps are terrible basically. So if you remove the things that make each class individual you would get no powers or epics basically. If you lose in PvP try another strategy or farm for better gear. I mean Privateers aren't that hard to beat just beat the companions and they will lose. Also for spirit shield it's only for 5 hits. You can get up to 3 Valor Armor and 2 Big Guns plus boots that give Mojo Storm and you can get Moo Manchu Wand so witch shouldn't be labeled underpowerd. I mean if you don't like losing in PvP dont do PvP. The PvP system is unbalanced I will agree to that, but only after 2v2. In PvP even if you lose it makes you realize what to do better next time. Privateers will stack buffs but you have so many powers it doesn't matter. Witchdoctors I think have an unfair advantage because of Mojo Blade and Reaver and their arsenal of spells. Minor Healing is enough for most classes but since Witchdoctors get Jobu they dont really need Minor Healing. It takes away a lot of health and it will take even more if you have at least 80 will. Nothing can compare to Witchdoctors Jobu. Privateer after they use all their heals are useless basically. I mean Privateers are like Life in Wizard is Life Overpowered? Nope. Just like Privateers not overpowered at all just equal to all other classes. Just 1v1 and 2v2, over that it is overpowered.

Ensign
May 10, 2013
2
Doom Pirate on Jan 1, 2013 wrote:
As i have said before, valor armor is necessary for witchdoctors because they have no armor, just resist. I wasn't suggesting a nerf at all and you wont find it in any of my posts, I was just suggesting buffs where they were needed. I believe that valor armor may be substantial enough to balance the witchdoctor class, and make any major advantages less of a threat to other classes. I have posted a possible solution for buff stacking which is still in progress, hopefully people will give their feedback. Also, privateers do have epic talents, they have pirate2 and elusive3. Please make sure you are informed before making posts. Thank you.
I think you r all making a big deal over nothing like in wizard101 the ice school was in this case the privateer and I am a privateer but have lost to plenty of other classes like in wizard101 I was on the other side saying ice is op but truth is I am sick and tired of complaining ice is more powerful against fire but against death or something else they are not and if anybody nerfs my class just because of pvp I am gonna be very mad cause that is my main and also it is easy to beat privateers and I have done it on my witchdoctor plenty of times SO STOP complaining
Christo level 50 privateer
Christo nightingale level 50 witchdoctor

Ensign
May 10, 2013
2
Fiery Tarlac Urswi... on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
Witchdoctors dont need epic talents because they have so many spells as Ratbeard said in another thread. I am a Level 50 Witchdoctor and I can beat every class in PvP without losing that much health or any companions. I once beat 2 Level 50 at the same time ( a Privateer and Buccaneer). So Witchdoctors shouldn't be labeled as a weak class in PvP. All the classes are close to balanced in 1v1 or 2v2. When it gets to 3v3 and 4v4 that is when the unbalances start. Privateers need heals because that is what they do they are a support unit basically. Witchdoctors dont need epics as I explained at the top. Musketeers without their traps are terrible basically. So if you remove the things that make each class individual you would get no powers or epics basically. If you lose in PvP try another strategy or farm for better gear. I mean Privateers aren't that hard to beat just beat the companions and they will lose. Also for spirit shield it's only for 5 hits. You can get up to 3 Valor Armor and 2 Big Guns plus boots that give Mojo Storm and you can get Moo Manchu Wand so witch shouldn't be labeled underpowerd. I mean if you don't like losing in PvP dont do PvP. The PvP system is unbalanced I will agree to that, but only after 2v2. In PvP even if you lose it makes you realize what to do better next time. Privateers will stack buffs but you have so many powers it doesn't matter. Witchdoctors I think have an unfair advantage because of Mojo Blade and Reaver and their arsenal of spells. Minor Healing is enough for most classes but since Witchdoctors get Jobu they dont really need Minor Healing. It takes away a lot of health and it will take even more if you have at least 80 will. Nothing can compare to Witchdoctors Jobu. Privateer after they use all their heals are useless basically. I mean Privateers are like Life in Wizard is Life Overpowered? Nope. Just like Privateers not overpowered at all just equal to all other classes. Just 1v1 and 2v2, over that it is overpowered.
What happens when you kill the privateer... Beyond 2v2 isn't overpowered it just takes time and if you have played wizard who do you take out first in team pvp? The life wizard obviously and they stack shields and buffs on them? It's not overpowered then is it?

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
325
Fiery Tarlac Urswi... on Apr 16, 2013 wrote:
Witchdoctors dont need epic talents because they have so many spells as Ratbeard said in another thread. I am a Level 50 Witchdoctor and I can beat every class in PvP without losing that much health or any companions. I once beat 2 Level 50 at the same time ( a Privateer and Buccaneer). So Witchdoctors shouldn't be labeled as a weak class in PvP. All the classes are close to balanced in 1v1 or 2v2. When it gets to 3v3 and 4v4 that is when the unbalances start. Privateers need heals because that is what they do they are a support unit basically. Witchdoctors dont need epics as I explained at the top. Musketeers without their traps are terrible basically. So if you remove the things that make each class individual you would get no powers or epics basically. If you lose in PvP try another strategy or farm for better gear. I mean Privateers aren't that hard to beat just beat the companions and they will lose. Also for spirit shield it's only for 5 hits. You can get up to 3 Valor Armor and 2 Big Guns plus boots that give Mojo Storm and you can get Moo Manchu Wand so witch shouldn't be labeled underpowerd. I mean if you don't like losing in PvP dont do PvP. The PvP system is unbalanced I will agree to that, but only after 2v2. In PvP even if you lose it makes you realize what to do better next time. Privateers will stack buffs but you have so many powers it doesn't matter. Witchdoctors I think have an unfair advantage because of Mojo Blade and Reaver and their arsenal of spells. Minor Healing is enough for most classes but since Witchdoctors get Jobu they dont really need Minor Healing. It takes away a lot of health and it will take even more if you have at least 80 will. Nothing can compare to Witchdoctors Jobu. Privateer after they use all their heals are useless basically. I mean Privateers are like Life in Wizard is Life Overpowered? Nope. Just like Privateers not overpowered at all just equal to all other classes. Just 1v1 and 2v2, over that it is overpowered.
Dude, we're not completely usless after heals, dont forget our buffs and knack to tank during the fight with our shield spells.
Also privateers and witchdoctors are very often good partners.
Witchdoctors do have a few flaws like they're not too adept in hand to hand fighting (Unless they have a close combat weapon and have learned a few tricks beside magic).
Sorry if that hurt anyones fealing or made anyone mad.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2010
18
To be honest if you think about it i think the order goes..
Privateer
Witchdoctor
Musketeer
Swashbuckler
Buccaneer

Reason i think it is? because,
Privateer: Tons of heals, A lot of good companions and some pretty cool attacks.
Witchdoctor: can hit from extreme lengths witch give like no fighting chance for swashes and buc's, somewhat decent heals, and just overall decent hits.
Musketeer: Extreme lengths of hitting, EXTREME damage attacks! and overall good damage, and some OP block things.
Swashbuckler/buccaneer: good hitting, but major disatvantage (however you spell that) :P because they cant get nowhere near a witch/musket without being like 1/10-5/10 hp its kinda stupid..and they dont get one of those op 100% block rate things so they can get nowhere near nomatter what

Just my opinion though
See ya in the worlds!
Sneaky wolf parker- Level 57 (soon to be 65)!

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
149
SneakyWolfParker on May 29, 2013 wrote:
To be honest if you think about it i think the order goes..
Privateer
Witchdoctor
Musketeer
Swashbuckler
Buccaneer

Reason i think it is? because,
Privateer: Tons of heals, A lot of good companions and some pretty cool attacks.
Witchdoctor: can hit from extreme lengths witch give like no fighting chance for swashes and buc's, somewhat decent heals, and just overall decent hits.
Musketeer: Extreme lengths of hitting, EXTREME damage attacks! and overall good damage, and some OP block things.
Swashbuckler/buccaneer: good hitting, but major disatvantage (however you spell that) :P because they cant get nowhere near a witch/musket without being like 1/10-5/10 hp its kinda stupid..and they dont get one of those op 100% block rate things so they can get nowhere near nomatter what

Just my opinion though
See ya in the worlds!
Sneaky wolf parker- Level 57 (soon to be 65)!
I very much disagree that Privateer goes on top. It's a good class, but it can be beaten by the other classes. The buffs are great and all, but an experienced player can beat the overused Privateer strats easily.

The order would go like this:

1. Musketeer/Witchdoctor
2.Privateer
3.Buccaneer/Swashbuckler (Arguable).

Ensign
Aug 24, 2012
2
i think its






its true that get a lot of heals unlike the other schools but i have seen a lot of other schools heal 700 and more with that first healing spell thing and i sometimes don't heal that (most of the time and i'm lvl 65)
i win a lot in pvp true but its because i know what to do like i was in a 3v1 today i lost xD but it was a lvl41 lvl61 and a lvl5 i took all of the lvl 41 and lvl 61 crew exeps for one for each and the lvl5 only he was left and thats a lot because the lvl41 and lvl61 were muskets so lot of traps so my point its i dont think that is overpowered i just think the others don't get anything good like they dont got anything good

Ensign
Mar 04, 2013
7
Doom Pirate on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
It is commonly agreed on that the powers of pvp are as followed-

1-Privateers
2-Musketeers
3-Swashbucklers
4-Witchdoctors
5-Buccaneers

This has to do with the classes. As a witchdoctor I have discovered several problems.

PRIVATEERS
Privateers are clearly the strongest pvp class without question. Some privateers argue that they are weak because they have no attacks, however these people simply don't realize that their companions are for the attacking, they don't need to attack at all. Privateers are in the only school with healing spells, and training "minor healing" just isn't enough for everyone else. A group healing of 100 isn't going to win you the battle and the regular minor healing typically does 200 and shouldn't be relied on more than that. Some gear may give healing cards but it still can't compare to a privateer's heals. I have had privateer companions at 30 health and the next round the companion is fully healed or gets an absorb shield. The absorb shield is extremely strong and nothing can be done about it. Unless you use strong attacks which go towards nothing on the player, that absorb isn't coming off any time soon, and may last the whole battle. It doesn't seem that privateers even need this spell considering all their heals, and 25%-50% damage reduction shields along with personal health of 2300-2700+. Their buffs stack and companion buffs stack with those, and many people agree that 2 of the same buff should not stack. When completely buffed, which only takes about 3 rounds to do, a privateer's companions will have a high critical and nearly a guaranteed chance to hit and dodge. At this point that match is over. If somehow, through all their buffs and healing, their companions are all killed, they just have elusive 3 to give them 50% dodge and the ability to run away until they find more heals. This goes along with their natural extremely high dodge. Privateers have an unfair advantage over every other school in pvp. Their heals are too much and too high, absorb shield is too powerful, and their buffs are too powerful and stackable.

WITCHDOCTORS
Jobu heal simply can't compare to a privateer heal. Jobu's embrace only does 200 per enemy which is a heal that won't help. The greatest eye spell is extremely weak even though it is the highest level spell. Mojo blade should enable a player to walk up to the target like a regular sword rather than requiring to be right next to the enemy, which just lets them run away. The electrical blast spells are too few and even the strongest one only does 200 per enemy typically. Witchdoctors need a staffy sight 2 (maybe even 3) ability that allows them to hit an extra spot away, not waste a turn walking. The shooting eye abilities is weak and should shoot in a V shape like bonnie anne's special attack. Enemies are never even in a line. The first jobu spell should take 50% health, the next one 75% and finally 100%. Witchdoctors are also the only school with no epic talents.
I find it very offensive that you think witchdoctors aren't good, because they are really good (in my opinion). Now that the new content has been released, we witchdoctors can get Mojo Echo and Mojo Rising. We also can get the Jobu's Embrace attack, which heals 75% of the damage dealt to a large area. The shooting eye abilities are weak, but we have a lot of special abilities. We can also "curse" an enemy from far away, which is better than having to go up to them and use an attack with a bleeding effect. And if we get in a square adjacent to a privateer, we can use Purge Magic to get rid of the stacked buffs.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
325
Lucas Walker on May 31, 2013 wrote:
I very much disagree that Privateer goes on top. It's a good class, but it can be beaten by the other classes. The buffs are great and all, but an experienced player can beat the overused Privateer strats easily.

The order would go like this:

1. Musketeer/Witchdoctor
2.Privateer
3.Buccaneer/Swashbuckler (Arguable).
Privateers can be Number one, as long as they have aid.
Our skills really are for enforcing large groups/being able to disengage small abilities like invisibility from afar.
But you're right in what you said that we can be beat by other classes, especially swashbucklers who are equipped with slashy smashy/ stabby smashy (If they have Stabby Smashy). Reason, those weapons are the best in attack plus they combine really well with the abilities that swashes have making devistating moves.

But the basic summary you gave was in the Bull's Eye of the point.

Petty Officer
Jun 10, 2013
58
Privateers are definitely NOT overly powerful. I mean sure, we can heal a lot but, I mean, come on we have weaker attacks than other classes. Each class has its own specialties. Musketeers get ranged attacks. Witchdoctors have the ability to summon skeletons to fight for them. Swashbucklers can jump over stuff. I don't actually know much about Buccaneers, but I assume it has something good. So :p

Ensign
Jul 05, 2013
3
Im a swashbuckler and i cant beat any witchdoctor my level... like im level 15 and i always have to go fight with my companions and if i go invisible i can still get hit.... its so hopeless for me to win against any witchdoctor man T_T

Ensign
Jul 17, 2012
13
noahdd on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
I'm a privateer and disagree that we have an unfair advantage, Swashblucklers have their many stabs, Musketeers have their powerful ranged attacks, and we have our buffing and healing plus crewmates. We are good at dodging which helps us survive but in attack unless equipped with great weapons and have good attack cards we are rather weak. If you got your way we'd be nearly useless.

Privateers rule!
we are kinda weak that is why we need healing and I agree

Ensign
Jul 20, 2013
1
Explain to me exactly how a Swashbuckler is in third place?

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
358
Valkyrie21193 on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
Explain to me exactly how a Swashbuckler is in third place?
this thread was created when the max level was only 50 and many of the swashbuckler cards were a bit buggy

Captain
May 16, 2011
553
Doom Pirate on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
It is commonly agreed on that the powers of pvp are as followed-

1-Privateers
2-Musketeers
3-Swashbucklers
4-Witchdoctors
5-Buccaneers

This has to do with the classes. As a witchdoctor I have discovered several problems.

PRIVATEERS
Privateers are clearly the strongest pvp class without question. Some privateers argue that they are weak because they have no attacks, however these people simply don't realize that their companions are for the attacking, they don't need to attack at all. Privateers are in the only school with healing spells, and training "minor healing" just isn't enough for everyone else. A group healing of 100 isn't going to win you the battle and the regular minor healing typically does 200 and shouldn't be relied on more than that. Some gear may give healing cards but it still can't compare to a privateer's heals. I have had privateer companions at 30 health and the next round the companion is fully healed or gets an absorb shield. The absorb shield is extremely strong and nothing can be done about it. Unless you use strong attacks which go towards nothing on the player, that absorb isn't coming off any time soon, and may last the whole battle. It doesn't seem that privateers even need this spell considering all their heals, and 25%-50% damage reduction shields along with personal health of 2300-2700+. Their buffs stack and companion buffs stack with those, and many people agree that 2 of the same buff should not stack. When completely buffed, which only takes about 3 rounds to do, a privateer's companions will have a high critical and nearly a guaranteed chance to hit and dodge. At this point that match is over. If somehow, through all their buffs and healing, their companions are all killed, they just have elusive 3 to give them 50% dodge and the ability to run away until they find more heals. This goes along with their natural extremely high dodge. Privateers have an unfair advantage over every other school in pvp. Their heals are too much and too high, absorb shield is too powerful, and their buffs are too powerful and stackable.

WITCHDOCTORS
Jobu heal simply can't compare to a privateer heal. Jobu's embrace only does 200 per enemy which is a heal that won't help. The greatest eye spell is extremely weak even though it is the highest level spell. Mojo blade should enable a player to walk up to the target like a regular sword rather than requiring to be right next to the enemy, which just lets them run away. The electrical blast spells are too few and even the strongest one only does 200 per enemy typically. Witchdoctors need a staffy sight 2 (maybe even 3) ability that allows them to hit an extra spot away, not waste a turn walking. The shooting eye abilities is weak and should shoot in a V shape like bonnie anne's special attack. Enemies are never even in a line. The first jobu spell should take 50% health, the next one 75% and finally 100%. Witchdoctors are also the only school with no epic talents.
Witchdoctor's heals can't compare to a privateer's? Say WHAT?!

I can do 500 damage per enemy with a Jobu's Embrace critical hit! If say, I were to hit 9 enemies, I'd gain............wait for it.......................3,375 HEALTH! BAM!!!!!!!

That's more health than any Privateer heal Iknow. Say a Witchdoctor is the only one left on the field against 9 enemies. He uses Jobu's Embrace, and BAM! Major comeback! The Witchdoctor then proceeds by killing off the strongest enemy, preferably a privateer with an epic hit mojo blade, then starts picking off everyone else one by one. And then the Witchdoctor wins.

So please think before you say Privateers are so much better than Witchdoctors, because in truth, Witchdoctors are much more boss.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
325
Valkyrie21193 on Sep 18, 2013 wrote:
Explain to me exactly how a Swashbuckler is in third place?
Low health and usually low armor.

Though they are usually in second place, first when it comes to team ups.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
325
Thunder Hawk on Oct 7, 2013 wrote:
Witchdoctor's heals can't compare to a privateer's? Say WHAT?!

I can do 500 damage per enemy with a Jobu's Embrace critical hit! If say, I were to hit 9 enemies, I'd gain............wait for it.......................3,375 HEALTH! BAM!!!!!!!

That's more health than any Privateer heal Iknow. Say a Witchdoctor is the only one left on the field against 9 enemies. He uses Jobu's Embrace, and BAM! Major comeback! The Witchdoctor then proceeds by killing off the strongest enemy, preferably a privateer with an epic hit mojo blade, then starts picking off everyone else one by one. And then the Witchdoctor wins.

So please think before you say Privateers are so much better than Witchdoctors, because in truth, Witchdoctors are much more boss.
Unless of course the privateer had some good resistance and knew a couple of your tricks.

Though I still honestly think that they are equal in powers because we mainly rely on our magics.

Please dont take this as an insult.

Privateers are most powerful when teamed up with witchdoctors and swashbucklers.

Now, the only class that can rival witchdoctors in their natural attacks is the musketeers who can also strike from afar.

2