Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why oh why

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
I have been watching this message board almost since the start - and up until now I have never felt the need to comment.

However -

Could someone please explain WHY you are all complaining about everything related to PVP

Now I am not a PVP player / Personally I see zero point to it / i would rather just deal with the story line / not PVP or PETS or HOUSING
This said.

You begged and begged and begged for Ranked PVP / and whoopy KI gave it to you. And even before it went live people were saying this is unfair and that is unfair and this should not be allowed and that should not be allowed. Why oh why would you ask for something then start complaining instantly about it.

If you think it is unfair DO NOT DO IT -
If your can not win a battle within the confines of what is allowed in the normal game - maybe you should either get better gear by finishing the game up to current point / farm for better item
OR
maybe you need to rethink how to fight another character class or how better to win vs. the items in the game instead of wanting everything banned and eliminated so that it is EASY for YOU.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
I have been watching this message board almost since the start - and up until now I have never felt the need to comment.

However -

Could someone please explain WHY you are all complaining about everything related to PVP

Now I am not a PVP player / Personally I see zero point to it / i would rather just deal with the story line / not PVP or PETS or HOUSING
This said.

You begged and begged and begged for Ranked PVP / and whoopy KI gave it to you. And even before it went live people were saying this is unfair and that is unfair and this should not be allowed and that should not be allowed. Why oh why would you ask for something then start complaining instantly about it.

If your can not win a battle within the confines of what is allowed in the normal game - maybe you should either get better gear by finishing the game up to current point / farm for better item
OR
maybe you need to rethink how to fight another character class or how better to win vs. the items in the game instead of wanting everything banned and eliminated so that it is EASY for YOU.
Welcome aboard, RedRaven! This is a very interesting post, thank you for pointing out some of the problems, but since you don't personally engage in PVP and have no interest in it - maybe it would save you some pain and trouble and NOT read the posts from the Spar Chamber.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

However -

This said.

OR
Hello there & welcome to the message boards, well at least the posting side of it. So, you ask...

'WHY you are all complaining about everything related to PVP'

My simple take on it:

1] Because they can.
2] Reality & humility has set in. Meaning some that used to embellish/exaggerate & say, 'I win 90% of PvP battles' (when it may have been more like 60%) are now faced with the Ranked system keeping track of the 'true results'. So, they now aren't quite the juggernauts that they claimed to be-- clearly someone has to answer for it!
3] Many aren't trained in the fine arts of constructive criticisms & useful feedback. They instead are schooled in the different degrees of, Not fair- time to rant aspects of humbling realizations.
4] Well, this update is almost entirely Ranked PvP related, & it is entirely new, so feedback is going to be given- both good & bad. It is only natural for there to be so much chatter surrounding something so desired & newly implemented. The complaints are surely going to come, as Ranked PvP is a work in progress that requires players' controlled & helpful feedback, in order to fine-tune it.
5] When you can't understand something or don't take the time to acquire better knowledge/strategies, complaining is the easiest way out.
6] When you are passionate about something, that passion can often boil & lead to steam.
6] I'm not even sure- I've never really been a complainer.

I don't PvP either, but I personally think that all the feedback regarding Ranked PvP is 100% crucial to it's growth. But I certainly agree that the whining, straight up complaining & 'this isn't fair' aspect of it, could certainly be left out of the equation. The KI team has done a fantastic job of biting & holding their tongues (not each others, mind you) & with sorting through the simple rants & the truly productive feedback. Likewise they have managed to deal with the complaints & provide helpful explanations/adjustments in an exceptionally professional manner.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
Welcome aboard, RedRaven! This is a very interesting post, thank you for pointing out some of the problems, but since you don't personally engage in PVP and have no interest in it - maybe it would save you some pain and trouble and NOT read the posts from the Spar Chamber.
Well, to be fair Esperanza, there are some great strategies and info to be found in the Spar Chamber and the posts within-- even for those that truly aren't into PvP or could care less about engaging in it. Plus, I seem to recall a now seemingly quite polished PvP enthusiast, who once long ago used to share her, at the time, indifferent & sometimes angered/frustrated 'hold nothing back', views, suggestions and thoughts directed towards PvP(ers) and within the confines of the Spare Chamber-- despite not personally desiring to engage in PvP and proclaiming to have no interest in it. Hmm....I wonder who that could have been/be? And congrats on your change of heart, PvP success and new found interest.

Actually, if you are a fan of P101 in general, the strategies involved in P101 gameplay and the message boards-- the past couple months have been a bit of a PvP saturated experience. You can't help but to notice and see PvP complaint types of posts on the boards and in the Spar Chamber-- even if you tried to turn a blind eye. So many of the complaints trickle, actually flood, into the other forums and it seems that any post (whether located within The Tavern or Circus Maximus or others) that even mentioned the battle system, a certain power/talent, pets, ranked PvP, or an aspect of it, turns into a rant, complaint or heated discussion about that topic in regards to the new ranked PvP system. It's everywhere and has clearly spread beyond the boundaries of the Spar Chamber. Just click on just about any strategy/battle/pet/pirate question/& other P101 related post and your bound to come across the complaints/discussions in regards to PvP and powers/talents used within ranked. It wasn't really like that before these recent PvP-'friendly' updates.

It's become the PvPocalypse!!!! No innocent & unsuspecting soul is safe from it's infectious reach!!! (Although, it has toned down a wee bit on the boards lately)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

However -

This said.

OR
Hi Red Raven, welcome to the message boards.
Excellent points too. My message to the whiners: It is not your game, you did not make it so please stop trying to get the hard working developers to make it to suit your desires.
Now to those that are providing the feedback the developers have requested, by all means, let them know what you think about the areas they have asked you. Just remember to be constructive about it and not just tear it down. We can help out in lots of constructive ways and let them know what happens when we test things for them. They need and appreciate our feedback. They do not appreciate someone just telling them how you hate the results of all their hard work. Passion about this wonderful game is great, let's keep it to the good passion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
Well, to be fair Esperanza, there are some great strategies and info to be found in the Spar Chamber and the posts within-- even for those that truly aren't into PvP or could care less about engaging in it. Plus, I seem to recall a now seemingly quite polished PvP enthusiast, who once long ago used to share her, at the time, indifferent & sometimes angered/frustrated 'hold nothing back', views, suggestions and thoughts directed towards PvP(ers) and within the confines of the Spare Chamber-- despite not personally desiring to engage in PvP and proclaiming to have no interest in it. Hmm....I wonder who that could have been/be? And congrats on your change of heart, PvP success and new found interest.

Actually, if you are a fan of P101 in general, the strategies involved in P101 gameplay and the message boards-- the past couple months have been a bit of a PvP saturated experience. You can't help but to notice and see PvP complaint types of posts on the boards and in the Spar Chamber-- even if you tried to turn a blind eye. So many of the complaints trickle, actually flood, into the other forums and it seems that any post (whether located within The Tavern or Circus Maximus or others) that even mentioned the battle system, a certain power/talent, pets, ranked PvP, or an aspect of it, turns into a rant, complaint or heated discussion about that topic in regards to the new ranked PvP system. It's everywhere and has clearly spread beyond the boundaries of the Spar Chamber. Just click on just about any strategy/battle/pet/pirate question/& other P101 related post and your bound to come across the complaints/discussions in regards to PvP and powers/talents used within ranked. It wasn't really like that before these recent PvP-'friendly' updates.

It's become the PvPocalypse!!!! No innocent & unsuspecting soul is safe from it's infectious reach!!! (Although, it has toned down a wee bit on the boards lately)
Eh, so true Valkoor, even though I winced a time or two reading your gentle post reminding me of my "origins", . But truly we don't need more heated arguments, but reasoned discussions, and when I get really angry, the hands come off the keyboard.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

However -

This said.

OR
I apologize, RedRaven, the heated arguments and complaints often drive me up the wall and around the bend ( over the river and through the woods, too ). Sometimes, as a Swashbuckler, I feel so under attack for my class and powers that I do sometimes lose it.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 30, 2009
Haha you make a valid point. There are a lot of whiners on here myself included.

However I would say that because this is the first age of pvp there are still lots of bugs and such as well and the complaints are actually peoples suggestions on how to fix stuff. If no one commented at all KI would have a much harder time knowing what was wrong and what needed to be fixed.

I imagine that eventually pvp will reach a relative degree of fairness and balance. At which point complaints should diminish over time as all the rough edges are smoothed out. Of course some will always complain. But the volume that exists now should lessen.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
I only complain after something ridiculous has happened multiple times, like getting 1 rounded with a va on by just the buck pirate when he has 500 health or the terror bug with regenerating charges or the broken criticals

Bosun
May 10, 2010
anecorbie on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
Welcome to the posting side of the message boards Red Raven.

As to a reply to anecorbie, when you click updated topics, most posts are complaints and feedback based on the PVP aspect of the game. Most posts that show up are comments of stating what needs, should be changed, banned, or added. It's hard not to miss and does not mean a person specifically goes into the sparring chamber aspect of the message boards to read those messages.

I personally agree with Red Raven, people do complain a bit too much too early. Just because they cant find or don't try to find a strategy against something, they want it banned. They want the wins, but don't want to put any work into getting the wins.

This has been an issue long standing in both Wizard101 and Pirate101.