Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

What Swashbucklers Need

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
95
the minutemen on Jan 29, 2018 wrote:
it was in fact nerfed. before the change WH would cut the attackers damage stat in half for that round. now it only does half damage to he person using WH. not any of the surrounding targets. this was what September 2016 said about WH when they added rank 4 and 5 to talents.

"This power has been revised. Its previous function reduced magic attacker's damage STAT by 50%. Its new function is to reduce the damage of the next incoming magical attack by 50%."

as for the queue, i always did 1v1. royales are a pain cause of so many players. so maybe that was why you sa WH so often.
Except that change is the exact opposite of a buff. Look at it from a witchdoctor's perspective, their main attacks now do half when hitting a unit that has witch hunter that's in range. It also encourages privateers (and musketeers to a lesser extent) even more to run soul shroud without having to worry about a damage reduction during their next turn if they're hit by it.

The change benefitted literally no one and only made problems worse. Ratbeard claims he did it to help players in pve, but the fact of the matter is that pve is already a ridiculous joke with old scratch being a thing and witch hunter going off of spell power, not damage.

I'm certain any other pvp regular would agree with me that the changed was largely uncalled for and frankly should be reversed, but that's enough about that since I don't want to drift too far off topic of the thread (even though it's already taken a turn). There is some good discussion going on though so for better or worse I suppose.

Also no, I've only done 1v1's and refuse to join royale queue unless I'm "booster hunting" as I like to call it (basically teaming up with a friend trying to pull and derank boosters. If we don't pull any we play it out like a legitimate royale or flee). Though I'm sure at lower ranks the numbers you gave sound a lot more accurate. At hero and above, generally every player you face will have witch hunter either trained or on a pet.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
172
Wolf SkullRider on Jan 29, 2018 wrote:
Except that change is the exact opposite of a buff. Look at it from a witchdoctor's perspective, their main attacks now do half when hitting a unit that has witch hunter that's in range. It also encourages privateers (and musketeers to a lesser extent) even more to run soul shroud without having to worry about a damage reduction during their next turn if they're hit by it.

The change benefitted literally no one and only made problems worse. Ratbeard claims he did it to help players in pve, but the fact of the matter is that pve is already a ridiculous joke with old scratch being a thing and witch hunter going off of spell power, not damage.

I'm certain any other pvp regular would agree with me that the changed was largely uncalled for and frankly should be reversed, but that's enough about that since I don't want to drift too far off topic of the thread (even though it's already taken a turn). There is some good discussion going on though so for better or worse I suppose.

Also no, I've only done 1v1's and refuse to join royale queue unless I'm "booster hunting" as I like to call it (basically teaming up with a friend trying to pull and derank boosters. If we don't pull any we play it out like a legitimate royale or flee). Though I'm sure at lower ranks the numbers you gave sound a lot more accurate. At hero and above, generally every player you face will have witch hunter either trained or on a pet.
i would not know since i wont even attempt to get to hero. i am happy at gladiator, which was pain to do. plus i never seen any pet that grants WH.

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
54
the minutemen on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
i would not know since i wont even attempt to get to hero. i am happy at gladiator, which was pain to do. plus i never seen any pet that grants WH.
The thing is..... You can learn Witch Hunter from a secret trainer and WH has always been polarizing talent in PVP because it puts them in an unfair disadvantage. Witchdoctor's main flaw is that it's a class that's TOO reliant on magic. They the lowest dodge, lowest health, and lowest accuracy of all the classes. If a witch isn't in control of the battle, they will almost always lose.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
172
AllToonedUp on Jan 31, 2018 wrote:
The thing is..... You can learn Witch Hunter from a secret trainer and WH has always been polarizing talent in PVP because it puts them in an unfair disadvantage. Witchdoctor's main flaw is that it's a class that's TOO reliant on magic. They the lowest dodge, lowest health, and lowest accuracy of all the classes. If a witch isn't in control of the battle, they will almost always lose.
not completely true. some witchdoctors are ballsy enough to run with Nefarious Staff and Beast Banner. which neither rely on magic.