Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is the best privateer PvP team?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 02, 2014
Which companions are best for PvP? Which ones are the ones that get really good at high levels? I just keep losing over and over again against people who are lower levels than me mainly ranged attackers.

Also, is my strategy flawed? I normally just charge at melee attackers, and with ranged ones I wait for them to come to me first (to avoid Overwatch/Readied Spell powers). I ALWAYS focus on one target at a time.

I am also a new level 30 if anyone cares. My high level guy is a Privateer and I prefer to use melee weapons.

Ensign
Mar 21, 2014
That depends. Whichever companions you like and feel best fighting with is best for you. Me for example, on my privateer Emmett and Wild Bill Peacock must be out. I don't care who comes out next but the two need to be in otherwise it feels odd. My swashbuckler must have Sarah out and so on. I know how to use every companion well so I will use them.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
BlueK9 on May 8, 2016 wrote:
Which companions are best for PvP? Which ones are the ones that get really good at high levels? I just keep losing over and over again against people who are lower levels than me mainly ranged attackers.

Also, is my strategy flawed? I normally just charge at melee attackers, and with ranged ones I wait for them to come to me first (to avoid Overwatch/Readied Spell powers). I ALWAYS focus on one target at a time.

I am also a new level 30 if anyone cares. My high level guy is a Privateer and I prefer to use melee weapons.
I actually dont think that privateer is a class that shines at lvl 30. Out best powers aren't available yet, nor are some of the most successful strategies for privateer as of now. You dont have a fort or big guns, nor a 100% buff scratch, no shroud and no nef staff.

However, at lvl 30, a good team would probably be bonnie scratch and emmet. And wait for them to come to you. The charge before is great at high levels since nausica can be best utilized.

I recommend farming tyson or anyone who gives absorbs and artilery. Artillery is great with scratch since you can pressure and damge muskets and witch.

Emmet can be switched with whoever you're having the most trouble with.
Emmet is great for bucks and muskets and bucklers.
For privy, shen is just fine.

By the way, a melee weapon can open you up to more damage from first strike and cengeance strike, not to mention possible ripostes.

Hope i helped!

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
BlueK9 on May 8, 2016 wrote:

I will give you my advice but I am only a level 23 privateer

Commander Emmet: great to slow down the likes of Nausica and other charging enemies, he also has true grit so he can compete against Nausica very well, he also has a refresh which is nice

Old scratch: you know why

For your third companion I would use a companion that suits your play style, sure you could spend 40$ on Nausica but if you play defense she isn't as useful as the likes of ratbeard let's say.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
And at your level you're probably using strengh-based weapon.. which results in low damage because your best stat is will.

You can get will-based ones but only at high level I'm afraid... or actually become champion.

Ensign
Jun 02, 2014
To me, I'm used to using Iago, Malik, and another guy. Malik seems to die pretty quickly, I'm going to try your advice!