Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Weird levels 67 and 66

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 13, 2013
So anyway i will skip my backstory so onto the question. Why do i sometimes see level 67 and 66 companions? i also see that Cerberus ( that little blue 3 headed dog) is a summon that is level 71. why is their level higher than the max? i have seen a few companions such as the musketeer's flamingo companion. so why do some companions and summons higher level that the max level of 65?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hardy Portia Zest on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
So anyway i will skip my backstory so onto the question. Why do i sometimes see level 67 and 66 companions? i also see that Cerberus ( that little blue 3 headed dog) is a summon that is level 71. why is their level higher than the max? i have seen a few companions such as the musketeer's flamingo companion. so why do some companions and summons higher level that the max level of 65?
If the pirate was at max level when they recruited that companion; the companion will be 1 - 2 levels higher than the pirate's level.
High level summons are possible from doubloons ( I have a few level 75 death summons ) or from Old Scratch's Mojo Flow buffs will give higher level summons.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BTW, welcome to the Message Boards!

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
If you were max level before the new companion updates then you would get your companion 1-3 levels higher than your current level. Say how you get old scratch for example when you first obtain him or any other companion they are about 1-3 levels higher than your current leve so people who have companions got them when they were max. And for the doubloon summons that depends on the level of the doublooon

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Some companions will be a few levels higher then your pirate when you recruit them. For example the advanced companions when you normally first have the option to recruit them your pirate is normally around level 4 yet when you recruit them they're 1 level higher then you. This level higher stays the same for the entirety of the game so if you recruit them only at lvl 40 they'll be lvl 41, etc. This is why some people hold off on recruiting them until they're max lvl so they're 1 level higher then normal which helps stat line wise.

Advanced companions are not the only ones that do this either as you probably could have guessed. Some notable ones are as followed.

Hawkules - 2 levels higher then your pirates current level (maximum, 67)
Nausica/Hoodoo Monkey - 3 levels higher then your pirates current level (maximum, 68)
ALL ADVANCED COMPANIONS - 1 level higher then normal (maximum, 66)
All Starter Companion/Tavern Skull/Presidio counter parts from crown shops - 1 level higher then normal (maximum, 66)

etc. There are plenty and majority of the time if you buy a companion at max lvl with a pirate whose max lvl the companions level will usually be 1-2 levels higher then normal but some do not do this (e.g. Bosun Budd)

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Why do I sometimes see lvl 67 and 66 companions?
That's because if you recruit a companion at Max lvl they will be one or two lvls higher than max

I also see that Cerberus (that little 3 headed dog) is a summon that is lvl 71
Some summons from doubloons can reach up to lvl 75, with spell power buff I have heard of summons that rank up to lvl 120

Ensign
Apr 13, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
If the pirate was at max level when they recruited that companion; the companion will be 1 - 2 levels higher than the pirate's level.
High level summons are possible from doubloons ( I have a few level 75 death summons ) or from Old Scratch's Mojo Flow buffs will give higher level summons.
Thanks, i'm going to get Zena soon once i'm at level 65.

Hardy Portia Zest -level 58 ( soon 65)

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Hardy Portia Zest on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
Thanks, i'm going to get Zena soon once i'm at level 65.

Hardy Portia Zest -level 58 ( soon 65)
Zena, well now that you spell it that way

"And his name is JOHN ZENA" *insert theme song here*