Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

To those concerned about 2v2, 3v3, & 4v4 matches

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I do enjoy having the Battle Royale & 1v1 Ranked PVP matches, & I do really think they're very amazing, however, seeing as they got added, I would presume KI didn't have time to add in 2v2, 3v3, & 4v4 matches with it. I understand that.

Don't get too concerned, Pirates. They will arrive soon. In the meantime, let's just enjoy what we got.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Agreed!! I would love to see Ranked Team PvP

~Clever Finnigan Voss~

Ensign
Oct 25, 2012
I would be very exited to see 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 matches come out. However I see a couple problems. With 2v2 some problems include: two Musketeers could team up and lay down so many traps, Witchdoctors could fill up the whole PvP arena with summons. These problems would apply to 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4. by the time 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 come out KI will most likely have figured out the coding to make Moo Manchu's Boots work with PvP. with that in mind we can definitively say that with 4v4 and 3v3 you can stun your opponents for four and three rounds, giving that team a huge advantage. In that many rounds you could be on the other end of the arena already attacking with your three or four pirates plus nine companions. The only counter that I can see would be trapping in the enemies's path to you. Even then that might have little effectiveness if the enemy takes a different route just delaying them for a round or two. in that case it also gives the enemy time to do a round of buffing. That strategy is nearly impossible to counter. Another problem is that Witchdoctor can do around twenty Mojo Storms plus about ten Mojo Blasts and many other AOE spells like Jobu's Embrace and Kiss. If all their AOEs were used that could result in a loss. Another problem is that four privateers could shield around twenty times and have about seventy-five heals. All while they can use Gunnery, Artillery, and The Big Guns creating around fifty fires and dealing lots of damage to everyone on your team. All this can be done while the enemy can sit back, buff, shield, and heal. this results in an almost guaranteed loss unless you can come up with a counter quickly. A counter is Purge Magic from Witchdoctor. Yet even the effectiveness of that counter can easily be doubted because you have to be right next to the enemy for Purge Magic to be very effective. Especially considering you will most likely be dead by the time you reach the enemy. Also puppeting would require some maintenance. Thanks.