Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tim's guide to be a op witch

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
SOOOOOOOO i as same of yall might know me for writing an idea for the next chapter this mystery guy in the back of the screen that your looking at or an averge player in the crowd or an new idea called new races(one of these in tavern wait...you know what just go to search and type in gstack96 for the auther) but enough about what i did i want to tell you how to be a op witch of course thefiestyorange did do an guide for this and he is much more experienced then i am in the game but anyways but sadly this only works against so any ways first you need to spend time in the game to get to max and etc but heres is the set up we will start with gear first so want you want is the conquere hat conqure outfit and conquere boots face item up to you the and you for the totem you want to hoodoo standard i will explain why later and then the rest of the slots the moo manchu gear and on this set up you dont need shields so thats why i did not put any shield items up because i found that you need more spells then anything and the weapon up do you i recommend the nerf staff manchu staff or staff if power if you cant get those just use a wand with 5 rang because then the spirted will give you plus one rang you will have 6 rang which that makes you have control of HALF THE ARENA and then for companions you want old scratch mormo and you want carc grimtooth now these or all witches so they alll get scratches buff and aspeaking of scratch didn't i say why we need the hoodoo standard the reason why because it effect the undead so that makes scratch do 400-700 damage just for a NORMAL HIT if he get a epic and up he ends up doing 1000 damage or MORE but if the banner is destoryed he goes down to half health is this damage worth it up to you (but for me its a yes) and he gets healed 123 every round if he is damaged so yea and did i say he does 1000 damage or more this is where carc grimtooth come to play he will use his will buff and increase every one crit chance by 75% which is HUGE advantage and mormo is there because out of all of your companions he has sword mojo haste and crit debuff which he is really great against privateers and you want to give this to all of your companion for the talents accro 4 health 4 will 4 damage 4 and epics improved mojo blast 3 for all of your companions because when doing a normal attack there attack does 15% MORE DAMAGE which is really good and epics for mormo mojo echo 2 and jobo ruse 1 old scratches epic mojo echo 3 and witch hunter 1 carc grimtooth same thing as scratch but mojo echo 2 and you may be saying tim oh wait i am out of space for what i need to say i will post the rest later

d***-*ye **m ugh still wont let me say my name you will just have to find it

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Pro advice from someone who isn't a pro: punctuation and grammar are key. It is very hard to understand your post. A suggestion would be to write your gear out like this.
Hat
Robe
Boots
Weapon
Accessory
Totem
Charm
Ring
So, just something to consider. I'm sure what you wrote was brilliant, it was just confusing

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HoodooNerd on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
Pro advice from someone who isn't a pro: punctuation and grammar are key. It is very hard to understand your post. A suggestion would be to write your gear out like this.
Hat
Robe
Boots
Weapon
Accessory
Totem
Charm
Ring
So, just something to consider. I'm sure what you wrote was brilliant, it was just confusing
Let's see if I can make this clear for other readers, Tim's advice seems good and deserves a fair reading:
First he advises that the WD must be at max level.
He recommends the Conqueroo outfit from the Hoodoo bundle
As a totem he says to use the hoodoo standard ( from the bundle ) This will make Old Scratch even more effective.
He doesn't use shields and says that maxing spells is more important ( this must be why his strategy doesn't work against buccaneers & I'm surprised that he claims it works against SBs )
As a weapon, he says to use either Moo Manchu's Staff of Power or Nefarious Staff ( BTW Tim, neither of these weapons have been "nerfed" ) If you can't get those then he says to get a staff with a good range, this will enable you to hit half the battleboard.
Companions used: Old Scratch, Mormo & Carcarius.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
gstack96 on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
SOOOOOOOO i as same of yall might know me for writing an idea for the next chapter this mystery guy in the back of the screen that your looking at or an averge player in the crowd or an new idea called new races(one of these in tavern wait...you know what just go to search and type in gstack96 for the auther) but enough about what i did i want to tell you how to be a op witch of course thefiestyorange did do an guide for this and he is much more experienced then i am in the game but anyways but sadly this only works against so any ways first you need to spend time in the game to get to max and etc but heres is the set up we will start with gear first so want you want is the conquere hat conqure outfit and conquere boots face item up to you the and you for the totem you want to hoodoo standard i will explain why later and then the rest of the slots the moo manchu gear and on this set up you dont need shields so thats why i did not put any shield items up because i found that you need more spells then anything and the weapon up do you i recommend the nerf staff manchu staff or staff if power if you cant get those just use a wand with 5 rang because then the spirted will give you plus one rang you will have 6 rang which that makes you have control of HALF THE ARENA and then for companions you want old scratch mormo and you want carc grimtooth now these or all witches so they alll get scratches buff and aspeaking of scratch didn't i say why we need the hoodoo standard the reason why because it effect the undead so that makes scratch do 400-700 damage just for a NORMAL HIT if he get a epic and up he ends up doing 1000 damage or MORE but if the banner is destoryed he goes down to half health is this damage worth it up to you (but for me its a yes) and he gets healed 123 every round if he is damaged so yea and did i say he does 1000 damage or more this is where carc grimtooth come to play he will use his will buff and increase every one crit chance by 75% which is HUGE advantage and mormo is there because out of all of your companions he has sword mojo haste and crit debuff which he is really great against privateers and you want to give this to all of your companion for the talents accro 4 health 4 will 4 damage 4 and epics improved mojo blast 3 for all of your companions because when doing a normal attack there attack does 15% MORE DAMAGE which is really good and epics for mormo mojo echo 2 and jobo ruse 1 old scratches epic mojo echo 3 and witch hunter 1 carc grimtooth same thing as scratch but mojo echo 2 and you may be saying tim oh wait i am out of space for what i need to say i will post the rest later

To be honest, and I'm not trying to be mean, but I feel like this strategy won't work against any class except for muskets (if played smart) and your average witch. Yes, you can definitely kill most if not all of the companions against most classes, but you won't be able to take them all down. Somebody can simply fake a rush and force you to use your big scratch buff and will boost. Since you don't have big guns, they can simply just stay back and wait out all of your buffs, hiding from view and everything so you can't mournsong. In this meta, forts and shields are crucial. I, a privateer, could easily just Scratch bomb spam you and after your companions are pretty low, just rush with nausica and goro, and kill probably all of your units, since you lack heals and shields. Even with 7 range, goro can still hit you from 8, and nausica from 14, if not 7 since the boxes will block your view. May I suggest the Robe of Houndini and some sort of hide bootsor the swami slippers? That would make the difference between a win and a loss.

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
gstack96 on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:

so sry it took me so long to right part 2 of this just i post it but it took forever for it to load but anyways
so as you know i told you what you need and etc but i did not tell you how to play this straight but before i tell you what you need to do i need to put out there(so no one gets confused) you are playing defense for unitl they charge and then when the close enough you switch to offense so what you want to do is
1 place your hoodoo standard
2wait until they start charging
3then when they are close enough(3 or 4 blocks away is good) use scratches max hoodoo buff so you do about 1k damage for your aoe damage which that we applie ALOT of pressure on them
4if they have shield or any postive buffs sence carc grimtooth is first mate and scartch is 2 mate so you would use carc grimtooth to get rid of all of there postive buffs and sense scratch is 2nd mate his mojo buff wont get removed in the same round
5start spamming your hoodoo powers
6then say gg or good game because your a good sport
7then go again(IF you want to)

let hope my name wont get bleeped out dead-eye tim YEA it did not