Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Win With Doubloons Challenge

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I hear a lot of people saying they don't like doubloons used in unranked PVP.I got to thinking what if instead of not using doubloons if you used no companions and every turn during the unranked PVP match you used a doubloon. That could be a good way to get rid of excess doubloons and it could be really fun.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 9, 2018 wrote:
I hear a lot of people saying they don't like doubloons used in unranked PVP.I got to thinking what if instead of not using doubloons if you used no companions and every turn during the unranked PVP match you used a doubloon. That could be a good way to get rid of excess doubloons and it could be really fun.
There's no challenge with doubloons in PVP; the win will always go to the one with the most & best doubloons. Believe me, if you want to get rid of "excess" doubloons run Smuggler's Arena, Dreadnaught, The Machine or Moo Tower, you'll soon have next to no good doubloons left.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with using doubloons in unranked PvP among friends who agree to do so.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jun 10, 2018 wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with using doubloons in unranked PvP among friends who agree to do so.

I've seen too many accusations of "cheating" to be happy with this suggestion; however, between good friends in a house pvp, it may work ( or wreck a friendship ).

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 11, 2018 wrote:
I've seen too many accusations of "cheating" to be happy with this suggestion; however, between good friends in a house pvp, it may work ( or wreck a friendship ).
Doubloons are not cheating. I know what you mean, a ton of people hate them but unless they say "no doubloons" prior to the match doubloons are 100% fine to use.

Community Leader
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 12, 2018 wrote:
Doubloons are not cheating. I know what you mean, a ton of people hate them but unless they say "no doubloons" prior to the match doubloons are 100% fine to use.
Disagree. The general polite convention in any spar match is that doubloons are disallowed unless someone explicitly says otherwise. There's a reason why this is the standard: Doubloons are terribly unbalanced and unfun to fight against.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jun 12, 2018 wrote:
I know it's not cheating - that's why I had it in quotes, and as long as both parties are allowing the use of doubloons it's ok. Those who agree to "no doubloons" but use them anyway are, in a sense, cheating ( because they broke an agreed upon rule ).
Doubloons are not fun, they are annoying and have nothing to do with skill. You can nearly defeat someone but if they pull a Health coin then all your effort has been wasted. How would you enjoy trying to attack when all your opponent has to do is keep using the "push back" type of doubloons. Not to mention "summon spam" of any of the higher level summons, making matches inordinately long. Seriously, some summons are quite horrible - i have a lot of the Gingerbread summons and at the level I got them; they're "OP" ( even in the Arena. )