Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashes and Bucks Only! The league of swords.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
The Eagle Galleon. A glorious moving fortress, impenetrable, strong and deadly. The Eagle Galleon. A weapon of great destruction, damage and power, yet graceful and swift.

The Galleon is the main symbol of the league of swords. The league of swords is only for buccaneers and swashes, and it provides strategy against the hosts of the ranged warfare, and against the ever so deadly privateer. Buccaneers and Swashes are similar. We tend to have spells only focusing on melee attacks. We also tend to buff our selves a lot with Levi and forts rather than our team and kill the opposition.

Strategies to be discussed:

The onslaught-
This is when a privateer decides to go virtually immune. They stack their battle zeal, on top of esprit des corps, and maybe another esprit des corps from Toro, giving them an advantage (125% acc and 100% dodge). On top of that they add an enduring discipline. During this period, we will never be able to hit the privateer or any of his companions. We will also never dodge the privateer or his companions. We will also tend to be thwarted by series of critical hits that make quick work of us and all our companions within 3 rounds.

Nausica and Goro-
These 2 usually always win, especially with a witch or privy, but even with a musketeer sometimes. So how do we fight such if we don't have access to these companions? One thing I am sure of is that Nausica gives me nausea.

General Class strategies-
Tips on pretty much how to fight a musk, witch or privy.

I will start the discussion. Against the onslaught I have tried what people have told me. Charge the privy. Sorry but against a good privy, they usually set their companions in a phalanx position, buff them, and then send them charging against us. I only charge if the privy comes in my range, which is very rare. Another thing people have told me is to wait it out. Sorry but how can you wait it out if a privy's companions cross the battle board in 2 rounds? I will provide a vague strategy on this later.

Against Nausica and Goro I am clueless, so if Morgan LaFitte could help that would be nice.

Feel free to post tips and such!

A special note to privateers, musks and witches:
Of course you will read this, but don't start an argument! If I see anyone whinging or whining or rude arguing (expressing your point nicely against someone else is allowed), even bucks and swashes... Um idk but just pls don't.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
The Eagle Galleon. A glorious moving fortress, impenetrable, strong and deadly. The Eagle Galleon. A weapon of great destruction, damage and power, yet graceful and swift.

The Galleon is the main symbol of the league of swords. The league of swords is only for buccaneers and swashes, and it provides strategy against the hosts of the ranged warfare, and against the ever so deadly privateer. Buccaneers and Swashes are similar. We tend to have spells only focusing on melee attacks. We also tend to buff our selves a lot with Levi and forts rather than our team and kill the opposition.

The onslaught-
This is when a privateer decides to go virtually immune. They stack their battle zeal, on top of esprit des corps, and maybe another esprit des corps from Toro, giving them an advantage (125% acc and 100% dodge). On top of that they add an enduring discipline. During this period, we will never be able to hit the privateer or any of his companions. We will also never dodge the privateer or his companions. We will also tend to be thwarted by series of critical hits that make quick work of us and all our companions within 3 rounds.

Nausica and Goro-
These 2 usually always win, especially with a witch or privy, but even with a musketeer sometimes. So how do we fight such if we don't have access to these companions? One thing I am sure of is that Nausica gives me nausea.

I will start the discussion. Against the onslaught I have tried what people have told me. Charge the privy. Sorry but against a good privy, they usually set their companions in a phalanx position, buff them, and then send them charging against us. I only charge if the privy comes in my range, which is very rare. Another thing people have told me is to wait it out. Sorry but how can you wait it out if a privy's companions cross the battle board in 2 rounds? I will provide a vague strategy on this later.

Against Nausica and Goro I am clueless, so if Morgan LaFitte could help that would be nice.

Of course you will read this, but don't start an argument! If I see anyone whinging or whining or rude arguing (expressing your point nicely against someone else is allowed), even bucks and swashes... Um idk but just pls don't.
thank you for saying i'm ever so deadly

Captain
May 13, 2011
i think i could survive an onslaught easily. i just need to buff my defense and use attacks that guarantee hit. bucs are bricks if you use them properly. you cant punch a brick without hurting your hand

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 31, 2014 wrote:
i think i could survive an onslaught easily. i just need to buff my defense and use attacks that guarantee hit. bucs are bricks if you use them properly. you cant punch a brick without hurting your hand
Of course I can survive with stacking Levi's on Valor's, but could my team? I think KI should limit such defensive spells. 2 per class is good in my opinion.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:

The onslaught-

Nausica and Goro-

Hey there Golden Guardian

I had a couple brainstorms but I don't do much PvP, so I have not been able to try them. I thought if you are one that enjoys PvP you could test it, providing you can acquire the right gear. Or I could give them a try sometime in the future- I too need some of the gear for my.

Ok, so for the onslaught, I had an idea about using the following gear (any gear listed is for 's since I believe that is what your pirate is), except Black Rain Shades- for all classes.

Totem- Sato's Black Rain Shades with Shadow Step- the ability to teleport to any open square

2 powers with Walk in Darkness ability (1 from Swash training/1 from gear or 2 from gear) such as:
Ring- Maurader's Braid from Old Man Bronco with Walk in Darkness (Hidden for 5 turns)
Boots- Dragoon's Heavy Boots from Bosun Budd or Tyson, again with Walk in Darkness (Hidden 5 turns)

2 or 3 Assassin's Strikes Powers (1 from Swash training/1 from gear or 1 training/2 gear) such as:
Hat- Crest of Faunus from Cadmus
Outfit- Kano Sensei Gi from General Tso
Boots- Satyric Shoes from Anax, Cadmus, Grohl, Minotaur, Asterion and Pariss
Charm- Sprocket Key from Bishop with the power Purge Magic which removes buffs

Any remaining gear that you didn't use Walk In Darkness or Assassin's Strike due to having trained as a Swashbuckler could be used for gear with:

Vicious Charge (for it's -50% Accuracy and + 50% damage to enemies for 10 turns)
Boots- Communard's Clogs from Bishop
Outfit- Kuroneko's Shozoku from Chopper
Hat- Lofos Gothicus from Antinous

Valor's Fortress
Boots- Shoes of Faunus from Eurymachus, Grohl and Typhon
Hat- Tantojutsu Headband from Friar Sand

Leviathan's Call
Hat- Helm of Athena from Eurymachus, Grohl or Minotaur
Outfit- Hato No Kai's Garb from Friar Sand
Boots- Jack Ketch's Spats from Bishop or Dockworker Dan
or any other source of ring, boots, hat or outfit

Call to Arms (with +25% Accuracy boost)
Any ring, boot, hat or outfit you can find for Swash- only one hat is listed on wiki with no drop source

Brutal Charge (also for it's -50% Accuracy and +25% damage to enemies for 5 turns)

Once any combo of gear is equipped & powers are arranged the idea is to:

• Use El Toro for Accuracy boost and strong, high dodge companions for Nausica or ones w/ -50% Accur.
  • Use 1 hidden power with first turn, send companions to battle or at least away from your pirate- to keep from losing hidden from any AoE attack
  • Next 2 turns use any buffs and/or shielding powers and continue to attack with companions
  • Turn 4 use Shadow Step power to teleport to open square (hopefully) next to Privateer enemy
  • Use 1 Assassin's Strike on privateer on last turn of hidden
  • Use any Vicious Strikes to decrease Privy's or Nausica's accuracy
  • Then use next hidden power followed by Purge Magic power and/or by more buffs
  • Use next Assassin's Strike while still hidden
  • Follow up with any extra Vicious Strikes, Assassin's Strikes, shielding or blocking damage, healing or buffs
...and hopefully come out victorious!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Also as far as Goronado- I don't know if this is an option for you but if you do have access to crowns, you can complete the badge where if you defeat Gortez 25 times, Goronado will become available in the crown shop. I have him for my Buccaneer and I believe he is available from the Crown Shop to any class providing they fulfill defeating Gortez 25 times, thus earning the badge. If you do this and have the crowns your pirate can add him to your crew as well. The battle itself goes by super fast but you do have to fight Ordaz (water mole), gather 8 spider eggs, listen to parents message from crystals and interact a couple times with an Aguirre before defeating Gortez. It still doesn't take a great amount of time (I think around 10-15 minutes for the entire 'dungeon'- but 25 is still a lot of times and he is almost 8,000 crowns. But I think Goro is worth it though- having Vicious Charge to decrease enemies accuracy by 50% is very nice.

Here's a link to where Gortez can be found in Skull Island.

Hope this helps and keep the great ideas coming.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One other thing, which I kind of eluded to in the other posts were tips on dealing with Nausica and Goro. I may be wrong but I would think that equipping gear (and using companions) with multiple Vicious Charge, Brutal Charge, Brutal Strike and/or Buccaneer Smash (on companion) powers could go a long way to helping defeat them and possibly the Privy as well. All of those powers come with a -50% accuracy reduction- Vicious Charge for 10 rounds, Brutal Charge for 5, Buccaneer Smash for 3, and Brutal Strike for the turn used. Since these are stackable, they may help decrease the potency of Nausica and Goro's attacks or cause them to miss more. And all of those powers, except Buccaneer Smash, come with an increase in Damage dealt to the receiver of the attack.

Possibly using El Toro shielded by Valor's Fortress and for his accuracy boost- and then using hardy, shielded, buffed and high health Buccaneer companions with dodge, accuracy, health, damage and armor fully maxed and with relentless- rank 3 could help. Along with avoiding using musketeers against Nausica as not to trigger all of her Epic Talents. Or using Musketeer companions against Goro because he doesn't have a high dodge ability (and block) against ranged attacks.

Just suggestions and more brainstorming. Perhaps you have tried these tactics or maybe they won't do any good, but I figured the more ideas thrown out there the better. I have only done PvP a hand full of times so I haven't really experimented with what would work and what wouldn't. I may try more PvP if only to try some different strategies out.

Nice thread by the way- you have a clever and very imaginative writing style and thought process. I like the way all of your ideas incorporate storytelling or creative ideas. Nice work.

Ensign
Jun 28, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Hey there Golden Guardian

I had a couple brainstorms but I don't do much PvP, so I have not been able to try them. I thought if you are one that enjoys PvP you could test it, providing you can acquire the right gear. Or I could give them a try sometime in the future- I too need some of the gear for my.

Ok, so for the onslaught, I had an idea about using the following gear (any gear listed is for 's since I believe that is what your pirate is), except Black Rain Shades- for all classes.

Totem- Sato's Black Rain Shades with Shadow Step- the ability to teleport to any open square

2 powers with Walk in Darkness ability (1 from Swash training/1 from gear or 2 from gear) such as:
Ring- Maurader's Braid from Old Man Bronco with Walk in Darkness (Hidden for 5 turns)
Boots- Dragoon's Heavy Boots from Bosun Budd or Tyson, again with Walk in Darkness (Hidden 5 turns)

2 or 3 Assassin's Strikes Powers (1 from Swash training/1 from gear or 1 training/2 gear) such as:
Hat- Crest of Faunus from Cadmus
Outfit- Kano Sensei Gi from General Tso
Boots- Satyric Shoes from Anax, Cadmus, Grohl, Minotaur, Asterion and Pariss
Charm- Sprocket Key from Bishop with the power Purge Magic which removes buffs

Any remaining gear that you didn't use Walk In Darkness or Assassin's Strike due to having trained as a Swashbuckler could be used for gear with:

Vicious Charge (for it's -50% Accuracy and + 50% damage to enemies for 10 turns)
Boots- Communard's Clogs from Bishop
Outfit- Kuroneko's Shozoku from Chopper
Hat- Lofos Gothicus from Antinous

Valor's Fortress
Boots- Shoes of Faunus from Eurymachus, Grohl and Typhon
Hat- Tantojutsu Headband from Friar Sand

Leviathan's Call
Hat- Helm of Athena from Eurymachus, Grohl or Minotaur
Outfit- Hato No Kai's Garb from Friar Sand
Boots- Jack Ketch's Spats from Bishop or Dockworker Dan
or any other source of ring, boots, hat or outfit

Call to Arms (with +25% Accuracy boost)
Any ring, boot, hat or outfit you can find for Swash- only one hat is listed on wiki with no drop source

Brutal Charge (also for it's -50% Accuracy and +25% damage to enemies for 5 turns)

Once any combo of gear is equipped & powers are arranged the idea is to:

• Use El Toro for Accuracy boost and strong, high dodge companions for Nausica or ones w/ -50% Accur.
  • Use 1 hidden power with first turn, send companions to battle or at least away from your pirate- to keep from losing hidden from any AoE attack
  • Next 2 turns use any buffs and/or shielding powers and continue to attack with companions
  • Turn 4 use Shadow Step power to teleport to open square (hopefully) next to Privateer enemy
  • Use 1 Assassin's Strike on privateer on last turn of hidden
  • Use any Vicious Strikes to decrease Privy's or Nausica's accuracy
  • Then use next hidden power followed by Purge Magic power and/or by more buffs
  • Use next Assassin's Strike while still hidden
  • Follow up with any extra Vicious Strikes, Assassin's Strikes, shielding or blocking damage, healing or buffs
...and hopefully come out victorious!
sry that wont work on most privateers i've got shadow step and assasin's strike come at me swashies