Swashbucklers only

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Apr 19, 2012
292
Zlyxer on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
No. I don't think that they can even hit us when we are invisible. Maybe that's a bug. All classes are balanced not overpowered.
Witchdoctors can be tricky. As Zlyxer says the classes are pretty well balanced but you must develop your strategy. Witchdoctors using musketeer companions are especially difficult for swashbucklers to tackle. You can't change your swashbuckler but you can change your companions around based on which class you are battling against. Against a witchdoctor I always use 2 musketeer companions and another swashbuckler companion. The goat guy with walk in shadows works well for me. He is gonna be your line breaker. Use his walk in shadows card and his first attack will be huge and weaken whoever he hits to the point that they can be easily dealt with. Even if they spot this strategy and hit him to end it he still does good damage and if he gets his relentless going...watch out. Try to avoid rushing in until your other units are also within striking distance. Use agility boosts. Focus on and take out 1 enemy asap. Once you are able to get next to a witchdoctor with a little backup.... you got him. That transport power only works once heh heh heh. If you think you need to have a healing card or two that's fine. We have pretty low health and the healing cards can be a game changer sometimes. Bottom line...you can be successful with any class. Just keep developing strategies until you find one or two that work for you.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
9
Hi guys, I've been wondering where a good boss to farm for swashbuckler gear is. I've finished Aquila a while ago and I've been curious to where I can farm for good swashbuckler gear. Thanks!
Smart Jeremy Nightingale Level 65 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Aug 26, 2011
1
burningtaco13 on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
Hi guys, I've been wondering where a good boss to farm for swashbuckler gear is. I've finished Aquila a while ago and I've been curious to where I can farm for good swashbuckler gear. Thanks!
Smart Jeremy Nightingale Level 65 Swashbuckler
You can farm for the "Blades of Shade" from Cadmus in Illios, from the promo quest for Buffalo Bill. Hope this helps.

Pretty Vanessa Everhart Level 65 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Sep 22, 2010
21
wiz11110 on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
Since there is a "Musketeers only" post I thought why not make a Swashbucklers only post? This is a post for swashbucklers to give advice and thoughts about anything Swashbuckler.
First tip, make sure to do the metal side quest in Flotsam, it will get all swashbucklers a free companion that can upgrade at lvl 31.

Bristly Kevin
To swashbucklers everywhere, I would suggest weapon wise, to use swords and knives.
Your class teacher gives you cards mainly for close combat and swords.And,who ever heard of a swashbuckler's favorite weapon being a pistol?

Fearless Chase Kipton, lvl 25 swashbuckler

Ensign
Jun 05, 2013
1
when battling Tyson use either walk in shadows or walk in darkness then use asasins strike. if you do the same with back stab you will win for sure. hope this helped!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
892
Hmm.... I'm starting to think these 'only' threads are just war plans against other classes.

Ciao!

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
Here's my advice, always have something with "Stabby" since you're a Swashbuckler.

Dreaming Jill Underwood level 41

Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
20
Puppylove1021 on Sep 2, 2013 wrote:
Here's my advice, always have something with "Stabby" since you're a Swashbuckler.

Dreaming Jill Underwood level 41
stabby is a swashbucklers true nature but I would go with a slashy and stabby always.like for example blades of shade have a good attack power and it is a stabby so its a win win for me. Level 54 bloody wolf ashburn I will post more in the future.

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
wiz11110 on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
Since there is a "Musketeers only" post I thought why not make a Swashbucklers only post? This is a post for swashbucklers to give advice and thoughts about anything Swashbuckler.
First tip, make sure to do the metal side quest in Flotsam, it will get all swashbucklers a free companion that can upgrade at lvl 31.

Bristly Kevin
cool! im gonna try that! also be sure to read my post ond the "tired of the word noobs"post! thanks!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
160
Tips? Well... here we go.
One basic rule I would give to Swashbucklers is to kill and kill fast. Don't be afraid to use powers.

Because of my preference, I trained Buccaneer for Mighty Charge (whatever it's called), Privateer for Rouse and Elusive 2, Musketeer for the agility buff, and Witchdoctor for the Juju buff.

Mighty Charge is every good for getting across the board (especially in ship battles when you want Pirate to kick in), and it really helps for getting to Musketeers and lowering their accuracy. While you go to get Elusive 2, you get tough which boosts your health, and slashy weapons 2. Tough gives you some extra stability, and slashy weapons can boost your damage if you chose to use slashy and stabby.

The Witchdoctor spells and Musketeer trick shots I don't really use unless I'm facing other Swashbucklers. I did train Shooty weapons 2 because I like the trick shots. It gave me some more damage to make up for the fact that I was using lower damage weapons. (Stabby and shooty. Feel free to object to using this.) The buffs are really nice because then I always have them and I don't need to farm for gear to get buffs.

I would always keep at least one hidden power in your power slot. They are VERY useful. When you're in a tough situation, hide, heal, poison (if you have it). Feel free to change the order of the last two. Sometimes it might be wiser to heal first and then poison. Others, poison and then heal. Just go with your best judgment.

If you ever go do ship battles, DO NOT BOARD. If you do, don't worry. If you have Mighty Charge, use it to go onto the enemy's ship. Pirate will activate, which will boost your dodge (or accuracy, I forgot) and damage. Try to stay on the enemy's ship and keep them away from yours. You don't want to find out if they have pirate or not.

Phew. I think I'll stop for now. I'll come back later with some other tips. I guess you could say it will be continued.

~Quick Pearl

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
160
fearless robert sp... on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
guess what? drum roll please. im now level 34!
Ah, sorry for the late reply! Congrats! Have fun advancing forward as a Swashbuckler! It really is fun to play at higher levels. ^^

~Quick Pearl

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
48
Spiral Cowboy on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Aye lad. I actually did more damage than my musketeer friend did with his Dragoon Autocannon. When he uses walk in shadows and the card that comes with that weapon he can do 2400 + damage. I used black fog and a 50% agility boost and did over 2600 on a mega hit. I can't do it all the time though. Generally I can hit up around 1,200-1,800 with no buffs, no walk in shadows just using back stab or assassins strike. The base damage for me is 241-341. When you count first strike and riposte...it is possible for me to wipe out an enemy with over 3000 health in one attack if my enemy uses first strike or vengeance strike themselves and if I get in a couple epic hits.

Wicked Erin, Self Appointed Unlimited Class World Swashbuckling Champion Supreme
Nice. The most damage I've ever been able to do was a Walk In Shadows/Grand Shadowdance/Assassin's Strike 2112 damage, even more meaningful because I'm a fan of the band Rush. I really should be using Juju more...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
fearless robert sp... on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
guess what? drum roll please. im now level 34!
Congrats You are doing really well and the fun will just get better.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
24
Okay, I am getting annoyed at how the mods are underpowering us in the aquilan update- in pvp, I rarely dodge, as buccaneers and even privateers without buffs can strike me over and over again. This is the almost the same case in mob battles. Then, every single spell that hits a certain area gets rid of our Hidden, as privateers, musketeers, and witchdoctors can just hit us with bombs or mojo strikes with no object nearby and destroy the hidden. Also, I wish we had a better level 65 spell- the upgraded dance of steel never criticals and does the same amount of damage as dance of steel. I can admit the team hidden and second poison(the one that includes cursed) is useful in mob battles, but the team hidden is useless in pvp.
I wish our gambit of steel did more damage, and that maybe our third poison poisoned for 7 or 8 rounds instead of 5. Like, I versed a privateer today and he had a critical buff that lasted for 10 rounds- , and the witchdoctor's debuff spell- another .
Okay, after all that complaining(please don't call me a whiny noob), I need some tips on how to defeat them. I can handle privateers with high difficulty as I just wait for their buffs to run out, but I can't handle witchdoctors after they use 2 or more spirit shields, and I flat out can't handle musketeers(anyone sympathize?) Anyways, I need some tips, since I'm a terribler PvP'er.

Lawrence Windlass, Level 65

Captain
Feb 02, 2013
721
Rasenshruiken on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
Okay, I am getting annoyed at how the mods are underpowering us in the aquilan update- in pvp, I rarely dodge, as buccaneers and even privateers without buffs can strike me over and over again. This is the almost the same case in mob battles. Then, every single spell that hits a certain area gets rid of our Hidden, as privateers, musketeers, and witchdoctors can just hit us with bombs or mojo strikes with no object nearby and destroy the hidden. Also, I wish we had a better level 65 spell- the upgraded dance of steel never criticals and does the same amount of damage as dance of steel. I can admit the team hidden and second poison(the one that includes cursed) is useful in mob battles, but the team hidden is useless in pvp.
I wish our gambit of steel did more damage, and that maybe our third poison poisoned for 7 or 8 rounds instead of 5. Like, I versed a privateer today and he had a critical buff that lasted for 10 rounds- , and the witchdoctor's debuff spell- another .
Okay, after all that complaining(please don't call me a whiny noob), I need some tips on how to defeat them. I can handle privateers with high difficulty as I just wait for their buffs to run out, but I can't handle witchdoctors after they use 2 or more spirit shields, and I flat out can't handle musketeers(anyone sympathize?) Anyways, I need some tips, since I'm a terribler PvP'er.

Lawrence Windlass, Level 65
that crit buff your talking about only has half the power as the other crit buff

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
324
Bengalstar on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Sarah Steele can get all three of those talents, which is good

Since everyone here does high amounts of damage, how many of you actually got to do 2000 damage?
I've been able to do 2000 damage before when I was a level 50, now I can do more. Has anyone else been able to do over 2000 damage?
well, it depends on what you mean. if i go to the first area witht he troggies, build up my crit chance, and use the attack that triples our damage, especially if it goes epic, and if you include bleeding, then yes, i have hit over 2000.
but not at a regular basis, and not against any enemies up to my level.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
324
Rasenshruiken on Oct 29, 2013 wrote:
Okay, I am getting annoyed at how the mods are underpowering us in the aquilan update- in pvp, I rarely dodge, as buccaneers and even privateers without buffs can strike me over and over again. This is the almost the same case in mob battles. Then, every single spell that hits a certain area gets rid of our Hidden, as privateers, musketeers, and witchdoctors can just hit us with bombs or mojo strikes with no object nearby and destroy the hidden. Also, I wish we had a better level 65 spell- the upgraded dance of steel never criticals and does the same amount of damage as dance of steel. I can admit the team hidden and second poison(the one that includes cursed) is useful in mob battles, but the team hidden is useless in pvp.
I wish our gambit of steel did more damage, and that maybe our third poison poisoned for 7 or 8 rounds instead of 5. Like, I versed a privateer today and he had a critical buff that lasted for 10 rounds- , and the witchdoctor's debuff spell- another .
Okay, after all that complaining(please don't call me a whiny noob), I need some tips on how to defeat them. I can handle privateers with high difficulty as I just wait for their buffs to run out, but I can't handle witchdoctors after they use 2 or more spirit shields, and I flat out can't handle musketeers(anyone sympathize?) Anyways, I need some tips, since I'm a terribler PvP'er.

Lawrence Windlass, Level 65
don't let it get to you, its just a game. but still, you have a point. my gear focuses around dodge, so i don't have any experience with being hit too much . . . however, your right that gambit seems useless, and the poison that is supposed to prevent healing doesn't work at all. all enemies, monsters, other players, anyone with the ability to heal can heal with no problem. . . which is quite the problem.

- Matthew Walker, Level 65

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
Quick Pearl on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
Ah, sorry for the late reply! Congrats! Have fun advancing forward as a Swashbuckler! It really is fun to play at higher levels. ^^

~Quick Pearl
thanks! oh by the way i got el toro and i am now level 43

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
el toro!!!!!!!!!!!! defender of santo poiio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
160
fearless robert sp... on Nov 3, 2013 wrote:
thanks! oh by the way i got el toro and i am now level 43
Nice work! By the way, whenever El Toro appears in battle, make sure to use his buff. ^^ It's plenty useful, and gets even better when you promote him.

~Quick Pearl

Captain
Jan 17, 2013
637
fearless robert sp... on Nov 4, 2013 wrote:
el toro!!!!!!!!!!!! defender of santo poiio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that came out of nowhere

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
97
wiz11110 on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
WOW!!! I have only been able to do 1600 damage. That is a real nice number. Talk about death to the Armada. Anyways, I did get my companion to do 1800 once.

Bristly Kevin
I would've died... -sadly glances over at health meter that states 4 numbers, 1752-

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
97
Where were you guys raised? I was raised in Scrimshaw, which ultimately got me some pretty good dodge rates. I've a feeling a lot of people are gonna say MooShu, but ya never know, a Swash. could be born Marleybone as well! Or Krocktopia! (I'd like to find someone who is)

Merciless Emma Jenkins, Lvl 39

Ensign
Oct 26, 2012
7
totallyawesomepira... on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
Where were you guys raised? I was raised in Scrimshaw, which ultimately got me some pretty good dodge rates. I've a feeling a lot of people are gonna say MooShu, but ya never know, a Swash. could be born Marleybone as well! Or Krocktopia! (I'd like to find someone who is)

Merciless Emma Jenkins, Lvl 39
I was born in Marleybone but i would say Mooshu and Scrimshaw are the best two for swashbucklers

Strong Luke Abbott lvl 61