Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbuckler's Black Fog & moo robes

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2015
I just find it annoying black fog lasts 5 rounds! I mean they can just wreck you if that was it, but it could be better if it only lasted 3 rounds. I pvp'ed a Swashbuckler (Zachary) not so long ago, and he had the moo robes and
black fog. I got totally wrecked. So KI could you maybe ban the moo robes too, and edit the black fog duration?
Instead of all being swashbuckler in the future.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
imagician26 on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
I just find it annoying black fog lasts 5 rounds! I mean they can just wreck you if that was it, but it could be better if it only lasted 3 rounds. I pvp'ed a Swashbuckler (Zachary) not so long ago, and he had the moo robes and
black fog. I got totally wrecked. So KI could you maybe ban the moo robes too, and edit the black fog duration?
Black Fog ends when used: it may be the full 5 rounds or much shorter. There will be no changes to any powers that may adversely affect PVE ( as Ratbeard has said time and time again) this means that your powers are also protected.I think the Moo robes were more responsible for your defeat than BF.

Developer
Anecorbie, it is fun watching you go from, "I don't think I'll PvP much..." to... shall we say, very invested in the conversation.

It's appreciated!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Anecorbie, it is fun watching you go from, "I don't think I'll PvP much..." to... shall we say, very invested in the conversation.

It's appreciated!
Well, Ratbeard, you know me "Don't touch my Black Fog". BTW, kudos to the Ranked PVP team, you've made fun, playable, & interesting.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Ratbeard on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:

It's appreciated!
Yeah, I noticed that to. But, alas, I, who also said I would stick to PVE, have taken quite a liking towards Battle Royale and some people may criticize it for people ganging up, but I love it that way. I met a guy and we played like six matches last night and we ganged up on everyone else, and then he always won afterwards, but it was a lot of fun. Except one match where by utter randomness a friend that I did Moo Manchu with was in, and we surprised the guy I had teamed with and I broke the alliance and I won. We made up and played more matches, in which we always planned to team up, but then ended up killing each other.

Great job to everyone at KI who helped make the new Battle Royale, It's a whole lotta fun

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Yeah, I noticed that to. But, alas, I, who also said I would stick to PVE, have taken quite a liking towards Battle Royale and some people may criticize it for people ganging up, but I love it that way. I met a guy and we played like six matches last night and we ganged up on everyone else, and then he always won afterwards, but it was a lot of fun. Except one match where by utter randomness a friend that I did Moo Manchu with was in, and we surprised the guy I had teamed with and I broke the alliance and I won. We made up and played more matches, in which we always planned to team up, but then ended up killing each other.

Great job to everyone at KI who helped make the new Battle Royale, It's a whole lotta fun
I'm not a big fan of that tactic. I personally find it quite cowardly, but I won't try to take other people's fun away. I'll just have to show you teamers how a real pirate works. Already won against 2 musketeers.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
ShadowStrikerV2 on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
I'm not a big fan of that tactic. I personally find it quite cowardly, but I won't try to take other people's fun away. I'll just have to show you teamers how a real pirate works. Already won against 2 musketeers.
I understand your opinion, but in Battle Royale I think forming and breaking alliances is just as much strategy as picking which spell to play. I don't think it's cowardice, it's cunning.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Lol. Instead of asking KI to ban something, why don't you try working out a counter to Black Fog because there are several. If there were no counters Swashbucklers would never lose and trust me...we lose. With the way the battleboards are, there is no need to change anything.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2015
Nah, Black Fog isn't all that. I don't know what class you are, but there are ways to combat Fog. The obstacles on the battleboards help to force the Bucklers movements. Use some traps, bombs or AoE like Heavy Artillery and Mojo Storm to blast them as they approach. Black Fog is op...but then there are things available to every class that are op as well. After an agility buff, Chantal took out one of my companions in one round and got another down to half health yesterday before I could even get halfway across the board. You don't hear me asking for KI to ban Chantal.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
1. Fog: I've posted my idea that would leave PvE alone and affect PvP(where Anecorbie made her view QUITE clear). If you want to look for it, it's called "My Fog Idea".

Now, do I want that idea to take affect? No. Absolutely not. There should be NO nerf to fog whatsoever, period. Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of people who can't get past something demanding that it should be nerfed or banned. The only reason charm and the waves from manchu gear are banned are because they don't work properly. Once they work right, they'll be back in the game.

When there's adversity, don't sit back and complain to the developers expecting them to do what you want. Take the initiative to work on a way to get past it. I've been beaten by a buccaneer even though I had fog. Yeah, it happens contrary to popular belief. Now, because of the lack of stacking shields, getting past fog will be harder, but trust me, one valors fort/leviathan's call/lament will do just fine. "Oh no! I lost a companion". Bite the dust. Now, the squishy swash is in the open. Gang up on him. That's your biggest threat. If your captain falls(who will be targeted first by a good swash), then your companions should still have their epics.

Don't like my plan? Tell me your(a general you not just you specifically) alternative. Tell me, what have you and all your thinking gotten you to? Don't just say "Your idea sucks. You suck. Go die in a hole". Be CONSTRUCTIVE!

2. Moo Robes: I'm leaving this blank. I don't have enough experience to say anything.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cowardly? Or smart? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend", to quote an old saying. when entering a situation like the Battle Royale, you must be prepared for anything. It's fine if you're powerful enough to play a lone hand, but knocking out the powerful ones ( or the obviously weak ones ) to leave two equally powerful opponents in a 1v1 is going to be a successful tactic.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Cowardly? Or smart? "The enemy of my enemy is my friend", to quote an old saying. when entering a situation like the Battle Royale, you must be prepared for anything. It's fine if you're powerful enough to play a lone hand, but knocking out the powerful ones ( or the obviously weak ones ) to leave two equally powerful opponents in a 1v1 is going to be a successful tactic.
In some cases in Battle Royale, There is "The enemy of my enemy is my enemy". You never know who has an alliance like you said. You could be facing 3 people all charging for you. You might just find someone wanting to form an alliance with you.

Nice quote btw, that one has always inspired me.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
I agree fully that you should expect anything, but it doesn't make it any less cowardly, and neither does it being smart. I agree if you gang up on the guy you'd never be able to beat otherwise and leave the guy you think you can take is a smart strategy, but still pretty cowardly. Now I'm not complaining about it, exactly, I'm just sharing my opinion. You guys keep teaming if you want 'cause like I said, I'll just show you how a real pirate works.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
ShadowStrikerV2 on Aug 8, 2015 wrote:
I agree fully that you should expect anything, but it doesn't make it any less cowardly, and neither does it being smart. I agree if you gang up on the guy you'd never be able to beat otherwise and leave the guy you think you can take is a smart strategy, but still pretty cowardly. Now I'm not complaining about it, exactly, I'm just sharing my opinion. You guys keep teaming if you want 'cause like I said, I'll just show you how a real pirate works.
I guess a real pirate gets killed in the third round...