Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should Posions stack?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I have heard many players saying that too many poisons on a single target is OP. But is it OP, if the target can be healed, have a couple of valors fort and armour to reduce damage of poison significantly (to around 40), and the fact that since no one bunches up to have a whole group affected, that only 1 or 2 targets will suffer? It makes sense that curses should also stack. The funny thing is I have heard many musketeers, privateers and a few bucks and witches telling me to stack poisons to play better... And of course I agree with them They say stack stack stack to play better, but I usually don't bother to explain that poisons stack.

Privateers can stack accuracy and dodge buffs to around 100%, everyone can stack Levi's and fortresses to around 150-200% on top of spirit shields, and debuffs can be stacked, so I think its fair that our poisons should stack, and curses too...

And I can't say if this is OP or not, because it solely belongs to the judgement of fair players of other classes, but should swashes make their black fog unlimited range? That way we have some form of avoiding barrages and other stuff that easily pop us out of hiding. The opposition could crouch in a corner with Zeena fires as protection or something, to avoid the spell being OP.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Golden Guardian on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
I have heard many players saying that too many poisons on a single target is OP. But is it OP, if the target can be healed, have a couple of valors fort and armour to reduce damage of poison significantly (to around 40), and the fact that since no one bunches up to have a whole group affected, that only 1 or 2 targets will suffer? It makes sense that curses should also stack. The funny thing is I have heard many musketeers, privateers and a few bucks and witches telling me to stack poisons to play better... And of course I agree with them They say stack stack stack to play better, but I usually don't bother to explain that poisons stack.

Privateers can stack accuracy and dodge buffs to around 100%, everyone can stack Levi's and fortresses to around 150-200% on top of spirit shields, and debuffs can be stacked, so I think its fair that our poisons should stack, and curses too...

And I can't say if this is OP or not, because it solely belongs to the judgement of fair players of other classes, but should swashes make their black fog unlimited range? That way we have some form of avoiding barrages and other stuff that easily pop us out of hiding. The opposition could crouch in a corner with Zeena fires as protection or something, to avoid the spell being OP.
I think they should stack. Yes, if they all went critical it would be crazy (364 damage 3 times) but it's understandable as we're the only class with buffs that don't stack (aside from shadowdance).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
I think they should stack. Yes, if they all went critical it would be crazy (364 damage 3 times) but it's understandable as we're the only class with buffs that don't stack (aside from shadowdance).
Well bleeding doesn't stack either so it is not just picking on one class only.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
Well bleeding doesn't stack either so it is not just picking on one class only.
Good point, i forgot about that. It's kinda unfair as Witches mournsong curse does stack, but yet our dot's don't stack? I understand that it's more damage, but it appeared as though they were picking on us, lol.